VeggieBoards banner

What operating system(s) do you have on your computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What operating system do you use on your computer?

16K views 131 replies 83 participants last post by  beforewisdom 
#1 ·
We're a split household...a couple of Macs and a couple of others with some crazy thing called "L i n u x".

How bout y'all?

See less See more
#4 ·
What caused you to switch to Windows? Was it Vista particularly?

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

What caused you to switch to Windows? Was it Vista particularly?
I actually switched to Windows because I had software for a course that I could not get to work with Linux. I decided that I would use Windows for the duration of the course and then switch back (edit: I am sure any Linux users are wondering why I didn't run both on the same system, but putting Windows on, of course required any other OS to be whiped off, and I figured that the Windows experiment would be short lived enough that there was no sense partitioning to add a second OS after installing Windows). But I never got around to it. Then I bought my laptop which had Vista on it and I thought that I would switch one or the other to Linux, but I have been satisfied with Windows and don't have much free time. Sticking with Windows, for at least the time being, seems simpler for my complicated life. Perhaps if I had experienced the new developments that I am sure have occured with Linux over the past 6 or 7 years I would be less satisfied with Windows.

#13 ·
i use vista (which i hate) and xp, the hubs uses 7 and linux. if i were more computer-y, i'd switch to linux in a snap.

#16 ·
Vista. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. As long as the computer works (and lately it's been acting up), I'm good.

#20 ·
Ubuntu Linux on my netbook and workstation at home. Ubuntu and Windows XP (ugh, only use it to run a video conferencing program and very rarely Word) on my work laptop and Redhat Enterprise Linux 5 on my work workstation. Also messing with a couple of RHEL4 and 5 servers at work.

#22 ·
Windoze 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.