5Likes
  • 1 Post By Semicharmed
  • 1 Post By Semicharmed
  • 1 Post By GhostUser
  • 1 Post By Semicharmed
  • 1 Post By soilman

#1 Old 11-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi. I'm having trouble with Gamershood, which also uses VBulletin, the same thing as Veggieboards. When I try to get into their forum, it won't let me. I turned off my popup blocker, and I can get into it on another computer in the house. I've cleaned my disk and defraged, and scanned, so that can't be it. Is it something on my computer? Thanks for any and all advice.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-07-2009, 03:07 AM
Banned

Have you cleared your cookies and restarted your browser?
#3 Old 11-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Banned

Did you clear your browser cache (not just cookie cache, whole cache). That is usually the first thing to try - after making sure the computer on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Ex-*****

Did you type the correct username / password?

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)
#5 Old 11-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Maybe you were banned! (I know that sounded gleeful. I just have such happy memories of being banned a couple places.) Have you said anything wildly offensive over there recently? Or are the mods overzealous with their pretend-power on that forum?
Purp likes this.
#6 Old 11-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Veggie Regular

I cleared my cookies and browser, and it still isn't coming up. I did use the correct user name and password, and no, I don't think I've been banned (the most offensive thing I said was in the sports forum, where I told a fellow user I didn't think his son could be A-Rod, because he (the son) seemed to classy to be another A-Rod.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#7 Old 11-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Heh...

Well, are you sure it's trouble on your end, not theirs? Do you know anyone off the board you could email and see if they are having trouble as well?
Purp likes this.
#8 Old 11-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Banned

I guess "get to their forum" is too vague. This could mean that after you put in their address, you can't get to see any pages of their web forum, at all; or it could mean you can get to the login page, but you are you unable to log in; or it could mean you are able to log in, but are unable to see any messages after you log in; or it could mean that after you log in you can read messages, but you can't post any. Or maybe it means something else. Just exactly what problem are you having?

also "it still isn't coming up" is also too vague. What was it that you were expecting to come up, that isn't coming up?
#9 Old 11-08-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semicharmed View Post

Heh...

Well, are you sure it's trouble on your end, not theirs? Do you know anyone off the board you could email and see if they are having trouble as well?

In the OP, they said they can access it from another computer in their house.
Purp likes this.
#10 Old 11-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

In the OP, they said they can access it from another computer in their house.

Reading comprehension is a lost art, it seems. My apologies.
Purp likes this.
#11 Old 11-08-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semicharmed View Post

Reading comprehension is a lost art, it seems. My apologies.

#12 Old 11-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by soilman View Post

I guess "get to their forum" is too vague. This could mean that after you put in their address, you can't get to see any pages of their web forum, at all; or it could mean you can get to the login page, but you are you unable to log in; or it could mean you are able to log in, but are unable to see any messages after you log in; or it could mean that after you log in you can read messages, but you can't post any. Or maybe it means something else. Just exactly what problem are you having?

also "it still isn't coming up" is also too vague. What was it that you were expecting to come up, that isn't coming up?

If you go to their home page (www.gamershood.com) there will be a list of the most recent games that people posted, and a side bar on the left side so you can find what type of game you are looking for (i.e. Room Escape, Shoot 'Em Ups, Arcade, Word Games, etc.), below that is three links, forums, friends, and info. When I go to the "Forums" link, it's not coming up. Also, when I click on the games on the front page, I can get to the games, but not the walkthroughs or hints. Gamershood uses VBulletin like Veggie Boards, does, so I thought someone in here might be able to say, "Have you tried this yet?" or, "Perhaps this is at the wrong setting, you should check it."

#13 Old 11-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Banned

Purp - but you aren't even reaching the forum, apparently. Your problem, as you describe it, seems to be that you are still on the home page trying to get to the forum, by clicking a link to the forum, but you don't get there. The home page still displays. (I took a look at the home page, and it does not appear to be part of the forum.)

When I go to the home page and click on the forum link, I am immediately taken to the forum.

What happens if you click on this link to the forum, right here. Do you arrive at the forum from that link?

How is your computer connected to the internet? You say you have another computer in the house. Who configured the things so that 2 or more computers can connect to the internet? Usually there is a router with NAT and a firewall. Did someone other than yourself configure the firewall? What about your computer? Does anyone other than yourself use it? Does it have a firewall configured, or software to secure your computer from spyware?
#14 Old 11-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Veggie Regular

We found out what the problem was. My computer only has 512 MB of memory, and it's not opening any links, in any website. The links up there aren't opening on my computer, either. *sigh* Looks like I'm getting a new computer at a very expensive time of the year...I"m hoping that I can wait until January or February to do that, though.

#15 Old 11-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Banned

You can add memory. 2 gigabytes of reasonable speed are about $50 (for a desktop). Maybe less. Slightly more for a laptop. 1 gig for $25. 1 gig should be enough for most uses, tho complicated games may require more.

However having 512 mb of ram should not provent you from opening up links. Especially if you have little else running at the same time. By the way, do you have your virtual memory configured properly? With 512 mb of ram, you will definitly need virtual memory.
Purp likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page