Garlic, glorious garlic! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Mine is already roaring away! I only planted it a few weeks ago and it's already well above ground. I've planted four types this year.

I've just put two types of shallots in the ground and some red and white onions.

What garlic are you planting this Winter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Can you grow garlic in a container?
#3 Old 12-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Banned

^ cant see why not ...its just a bulb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-06-2007, 11:33 PM
Veggie Regular

*black thumb*

You can grow Garlic in the WINTER?????

I live in South Carolina...and it's going to be 30-40 degrees at night until first of march-ish... Daytime usually ranges from 50-60 this time of year.

Once I turned Veggie, I was EAGER for spring to get here so I could start growing stuff myself!!! Yay!!!

What else can I grow this time of year?

Or, am I getting too excited...and you can only grow it in California or something... Or, are you referring to an indoor "pot garden" as my mother used to call it. (<--name has to do with the containers...not what you're thinking about).

Give thanks to Mother Earth for Her greatest gift...

...gravity.

For without it, we would be lost.
#5 Old 12-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Banned

Lovelyprev...Traditonlist plant garlic on the shortest day of the year , although its not essential to plant like that . That way you get the rising energies of spring for growth and early summer for maturity . Also there is virtually no maintenance regard watering just light weeding.

Remember , garlic don't like wet feet so depending on your area you might have to build the soil bed up a couple of inches .

Don't no what else you can grow in your area , in a different time zone ....some one else might chip in from your area .
#6 Old 12-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Beginner

Lorz Italian and Crystal (or Music? I can't remember) here. I've never done it before, so I don't know how it will turn out...it's resting quietly in the corner of my garden. No activity I can see, but I'm going to hope that's because it's developing really good roots.
#7 Old 12-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey I'm pretty much obsessed with raw garlic (it's like a drug to me, but at least it's good for you)...can someone link me to a good site or tell me some info on how to grow it yourself? Thanks!

GARLIC!

“May all sentient beings be free of pain and suffering.  May all sentient beings experience eternal joy and happiness.  gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.”
http://www.facebook.com/doktormartini
http://twitter.com/#!/MartyBaureis
http://doktormartini.tumblr.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page