Houseplant Problems - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I have two plants in my room.

One is starting to look sickly and some of its foliage is starting to get dry and crispy. I suspect that humidity is the problem, since the humidity in my room is only 30%.

The other one is healthy and green, but it is growing very strangly; almost sideways. It used to be straight, but now it is leaning and the top of it is completely sideways.

Do you guys know what could be wrong? I'll see if I can send pictures later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Veggie Regular

The sideways thing might be because the plant is leaning toward whatever natural light it can find in the room. I rotate my house plants when I notice them leaning so this doesn't happen.
#3 Old 04-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Sorry to bump... but is there a way i can straighten the crooked plant? It's growing sideways at a 90* angle and I don't know if I can make it straight again. The plant seems to be growing towards my radio... can the sound make it do that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Try rotating it so it leans in the opposite direction.
#5 Old 04-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Veggie Regular

If the stem is weak and the top heavy, it could need some support. It would also benefit from more light, especially if it's getting leggy and pale. Light actually inhibits elongation of plants.
#6 Old 04-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Veggie Regular

It might help to plant it lower in the pot also. That helps it grow straiter. I have a few that have stakes in the pots also. Either helps. It kinda depends on the type of plant. Do you know what kind it is?
#7 Old 04-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Finding out what type of plant it is is something that I have been dying to find out! I will send a picture sometime later, but I can't right now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page