what fruits/veggies do you grow indoor? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-23-2018, 04:31 PM

what fruits/veggies do you grow indoor?

hey!
I would like to ask you what do you grow indoor?
If it goes to me I have got 5 tomatoes plants, onions,a mango tree and a lemon tree!
What about you? What do you grow?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-24-2018, 05:10 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I had 3 jalapeno pepper plants which I took indoors each winter; this was the 3rd year I had them, but I think they're all dead/dying. I was taking cuttings of my tomato plants and growing them indoors each winter, but they might be on their way out too.

One of my co-workers gave me a clump of chives this year which I planted in my herb garden outside; they bloomed and set seed, and I think I'll try planting some of the seeds for indoor growing instead of planting them all outside.

EDITED TO ADD: I adopted a few goldfish from a friend's koi pond 12 years ago. About a week ago, I collected a sample of duckweed to grow indoors; they might like it as a food (not that I'll be feeding them ONLY that)... I'm picking out the snails as I find them and putting them back in the pond a couple of blocks away, where they came from.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.

Last edited by Tom; 07-24-2018 at 05:14 PM.
#3 Old 11-15-2018, 05:04 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Update: my jalapeno plants all died. Pepper plants are actually perennial, but maybe 3 years is sort of their maximum life span. And the duckweed got overgrown with algae- so I tossed them, and any small critters who may have been hanging out, back into the pond they came from.

BUT- my tomato cutting rooted and is doing very well. I'll have to re-pot it soon. I planted some mustard green and kale seeds, with the kale seeds being from my own plant which over-wintered (outdoors) successfully last winter.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-28-2019, 09:56 PM

I prefer to grow microgreens in indoor as they are the best source of nutrients. Nowadays, microgreen kits are available in the market with different flavors like broccoli, basil, sandwich supreme which easily help to grow these veggies into your home. They are too delicious and very easy to grow and harvest. I grow broccoli and arugula microgreens as these veggies are my favorite one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page