Thailand - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 10-28-2010, 08:30 AM
Beginner

Greetings from Chiang Mai, Thailand. I am here until December 2010. Eating vegan is not too difficult anyway. Tehre are plenty of fruit & vegetable juices available, at least, and also lots of other dishes. Cheapest places, like the Vegetarian society restaurant and some "kin jay" places in the old centre, offer simple rice & vegetable dishes half-free, well under 1 U.S. dollar. There are a few western style vegetarian and vegan friendly places. The Happy cow restaurant listing has been of great help. On the streets there is often the smell of barbecued seafood & meat. Just need to get used to it and try to avoid the worst such places.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-29-2016, 04:18 AM

No posts since 2010 - anyone out there?
I'm going to Bangkok in a week and we want to do a few things:
1) take a veggie Thai cooking class - 1/2 day or 1 day (May Kaidee?)
2) take a veggie Indian cooking class - 1/2 day or 1 day (yeah yeah, I know)
3) eat at the best vegan restaurants - all 6 days ...

I have searched all over the net. One doesn't always find the things one is looking for simply by a goodsearch.com search.
So, I figured I'd try here.
For #1, we'd much prefer veg*n-only. The schools that teach veg*n and non-veg*n so far what I've found do it in a mixed setting. We prefer only v*n if possible.
For #2, I've only found Mrs. Balbir's so far and 2 issues - no classes scheduled for our dates and also see #1 above with the mixed setting (unless we do private class).
For #3, I've happycow'd quite a bit and there's a lot. I've sorted, filtered, and checked against TA and so on. I welcome any strong recommendations.
There's a lot of questions here for a reasonably quiet thread but it can't hurt - maybe some of you out there have 1 or more ideas?
Tips welcome - thanks a lot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page