Germany - Page 7 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#181 Old 12-21-2010, 07:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roneet View Post

Hallo! I'm from Canada and I'm planning a trip to Germany next summer (Aug-Sept). My trip will go around the country with stops in Berlin, Nuremberg, Leipzig, Munich, Lindau, Frankfurt and Cologne. Any info on veg*n restaurants especially in Berlin around the downtown area (I think close to the Reichstag) would be helpful. Danke!

Whenever I got to Germany I always consult happy cow for the latest veggie dining options:
http://www.happycow.net/europe/germany/

I haven't been to Berlin for a few years so my recommendations would be out of date so by all means check out the link.

I was in Munich a few months ago and can highly recommend http://www.kopfeck.de/_cats.php?cat_id=2 but be sure to be really hungry when you go as the portions are huge and the food is amazing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 Old 01-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Could I get some help over here, please?

https://www.veggieboards.com/newvb/sh...rom-Germany%29
#183 Old 02-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm looking at travelling to Germany this year around late September/early October. How's the weather over there at that time? I heard it rains quite a bit in the summer. Would it start snowing by October?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#184 Old 02-15-2011, 05:24 AM
Veggie Regular

In September/October it's usually very grey and pretty muddy, although there's nice sunny days in between if we're lucky. Snow depends on where you're going exactly, here in Northrine-Westphalia we (usually) don't get snow until late December at the very earliest, but down south in Bavaria it's often way earlier and more. Be prepared for rain though!

▬|████|▬
This is a Nudelholz!
Take it und hau it on
the Kopp of a bekloppt Person
to give a better Gefühl!!
#185 Old 02-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I've just been to Munich and visited this place: http://tu****a.eu/ If you love tea it is great - and they have really nice vegan lunches there. I did find it on Happy Cow.

Edit: For heaven's sakes, this is ridiculous - my URL has been automatically edited cos it has the word s**t in the middle of the name of the place! A bit OTT, isn't that, mods?
#186 Old 05-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Does anyone know if I need to get an adapter if I have to recharge the battery for my digital camera? I've read that the voltage in Germany is different than that used in North America.
#187 Old 06-10-2011, 09:34 PM

I used to live in Kaiserslautern for four years. There is a pretty nice vegan/vegetarian store in Heidelberg, if you're ever in the area. I'll have to ask my mom for the name of the place, she still lives there.

Also, there is a Lush fairly close by.

I should be back for a visit in December for a month or so.
#188 Old 06-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roneet View Post

Does anyone know if I need to get an adapter if I have to recharge the battery for my digital camera? I've read that the voltage in Germany is different than that used in North America.

Wall voltage in Germany is about 230 volts versus US 110 volts. Sockets are dual round, versus the dual rectangle sockets in the US. Some electronics have a built in feature to compensate for the voltage difference. Many devices do not. But even if they compensate for the voltage difference, the plugs are still different. There are various adapters, with the most basic one for just the plug shape difference.
#189 Old 09-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm travelling to Germany next week. I'm looking for affordable restaurants (30 Euros or less for a decent meal) close to the Museum Island in Berlin. Any suggestions?
#190 Old 09-23-2011, 05:46 AM

Hey there, just wanted to join the German thread.

roneet: a friend of mine said that Berlin is the vegan capital of Germany, so even though I can't recommend anything to you (since I live in the south west and haven't been to Berlin since becoming vegan) I'm sure you will find some nice restaurants with moderate prices.
#191 Old 10-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I just got back from my trip to Germany! It was great! It wasn't too hard to find vegetarian foods. I find restaurants usually have at least a couple of vegetarian options. My favorite cities are Berlin and Leipzig. I like Munich too because that's where I met an absolutely adorable German Shepherd! I even got a picture taken with him. I've always wanted to take a picture with a German Shepherd from Germany!
#192 Old 04-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Veggie Regular

so, it seems the German thread isn't too active. I have been off this forum for ages again but I thought I'd pop back,as I'm moving to Germany on Sunday and would be nice to see if anyone here is from near Darmstadt or Frankfurt or Offenbach or something? I will be in that area.
#193 Old 04-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Jon
Veggie Regular

Depends on the definition of near. I now living in the Bonn area, which is about two hours from Frankfurt. Do you have any questions that the answer to would make your move less stressful?
#194 Old 05-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi! oops sorry, I have been really busy since then...things are ok, especially as my omni partner has really embraced cooking veggie food and is getting rather good at it! I have to say I was impressed to watch Bjorn Freitag's show recently where he tried out veggie food - I was really impressed with how open he was to it! TV chefs in Britain...well, Gordon Ramsay likes to joke that vegetarians aren't welcome in his restaurants, and Nigella Lawson boasted about getting a veggie camera operator to go back to eating meat! I can't really see any of their ilk being that open minded so was impressed. I guess in general it doesn't seem quite as veggie friendly here as the UK, but it is not as bad as I thought it might be.
#195 Old 11-08-2013, 04:09 AM
Beginner

Any expats in the Bodensee/Konstanz area?

#196 Old 12-17-2013, 09:25 AM

Not much going on here.... but there are a couple of places I'd like to recommend, maybe this will be helpful to anyone traveling to Germany at some point.

I travel a lot, and whenever I have the time, I try to check out the vegan places of the cities I'm staying in.

A restaurant which was simply amazing in Munich, Bavaria:

GRATITUDE

www.gratitude-restaurant.de

Small vegan and organic restuarant close to the city center. Very nice people, small menue. No fast food, very good cuisine. Moderate prices. Some raw meals and snacks as well.

Even my dad who is VERY sceptical about my vegan lifestyle loved the food.

A cafe in Münster, Germany, which I went to twice in the past months:

KRAWUMMEL

www.krawummel.de

100% vegan. They serve sandwiches and coffee for breakfast, homemade soups, burgers, and salads plus varying dishes. Also cupcakes, muffins, and cake. I tried a salad with pumpkin rolls and a veggie pilaw with vegan feta and pesto. Especially the pilaw was amazing.

#197 Old 12-25-2015, 02:01 PM

Is there someone from Köln, Düsseldorf or Duisburg with any good tips on restaurants or vegan markets?
#198 Old 12-31-2015, 11:45 PM

Cool

I must have been German in my past life, as I feel very at home there, specially in Hamburg.

Would like to meet a mature German to possibly trade accommodation in Hamburg in the summer, for accommodation in Southeast Queensland for your winter.
I live in a small holiday resort town with beautiful beaches.
#199 Old 01-06-2016, 02:43 PM

Hello everyone!

I will be landing at Frankfurt for a short 2 days next month for a short work meeting. I will most probably be in the city area.

Is there any recommendations for vegan restaurants which i can plan ahead?

Thanks !

Proudly Asian Vegan for 10 Years

Visit Our Family Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for 100% Vegan Bags.

We handcraft bags ranging from backpacks to briefcases for all men and women.
We ship worldwide too.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page