Brazil - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-21-2004, 06:02 PM
Administrator

The place to dicuss local topics and to meet others in your area.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-21-2004, 08:05 PM

Hello.

Is there anyone else here from Brazil?

Bye.
#3 Old 08-05-2004, 03:58 PM

i am not from brazil, but i was just there in may and june. right now i am in buenos aires. eu falo um pouco português, também...e você? o que esta pagando?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-26-2004, 11:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm from Canada. I was in Brazil for one day, at Iguacu Falls, while I was visiting Paraguay. I'm going to Guyana this December. what part of Brazil are you from Lieber_Groll?
#5 Old 07-30-2005, 04:48 PM

òla, eu falo um poco de portugues, I´m from chile and I was in the past in brazil,too. It´s a nice place, great beaches ever, I was in buzio and rio.

Angie.
#6 Old 03-16-2006, 02:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Sociedade Vegetariana Brasileira

http://www.svb.org.br/
#7 Old 05-02-2006, 04:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey guys, first time posting here on the board... I'm from Curitiba. Hope to see you around!

Isabelle
#8 Old 07-18-2006, 06:35 PM

sou de são paulo
#9 Old 03-05-2007, 08:42 PM

Good to see I´m not the only one here =D

I´m from Sorocaba, SP
#10 Old 11-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Beginner

I´m from Curitiba!!!
#11 Old 01-09-2008, 11:53 AM

Hi. My husband wants us to go to visit his uncle in Camboriu sometime next year and I'm worried that I won't be able to eat anything. I know Brazil is one of the most carnivorous countries in the world and from what I've been reading there are few options for vegans or vegetarians. I'd rather not go if this is the case. Can anyone explain the situation down there? (I'm from the western U.S.) Thanks!
#12 Old 01-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali1296 View Post

Hi. My husband wants us to go to visit his uncle in Camboriu sometime next year and I'm worried that I won't be able to eat anything. I know Brazil is one of the most carnivorous countries in the world and from what I've been reading there are few options for vegans or vegetarians. I'd rather not go if this is the case. Can anyone explain the situation down there? (I'm from the western U.S.) Thanks!

Hey!

Camboriu is not that bad, trust me. I've been there a few times and I've never had any problems finding vegan options, so you shouldn't worry too much about it.

If you choose to eat out I'd recommend looking for an Italian, Mexican or Chinese restaurant (you'll find many of those in Camboriu), as they usually have vegan options on the menu. And if you're eating at your husband's uncle's house it should be easy, even if you don't want to cook. Perdigão and Sadia have very good lines of frozen veg*n products (burgers, nuggets, stroganoff, lasagna, ravioli, hot dogs, etc), and there's a company called Samurai Tofu which makes organic vegan burgers, organic gourmet style flavored tofu and organic tofu patés. You'll be able to find all these products at regular supermarkets, plus the staples such as soymilk, pasta, beans, grains, vegan bread, fruits and veggies, etc.

Oh, and here's the address to a very nice vegan restaurant in Camboriu:

Harmonia da Terra Alimentação Vegetariana

Rua 1926, no. 31, Centro

Balneário Camboriu

Phone number: +55 47 33665942

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions. I'm from Curitiba, which is probably the most vegan-friendly city in Brazil, btw.

All the best!
#13 Old 01-13-2008, 04:12 PM

Thanks so much, Isabelle! It sounds like there are plenty of options. I read in a guidebook that non-meat eaters are pretty much out of luck in Brazil, but I was really skeptical about that. I'm glad to hear that it's not as bad as the guidebook made it out to be. Obrigada!
#14 Old 07-06-2008, 11:39 AM

Hey everyone!

I am from your neighbour country Venezuela. It's good to find Vegetarians from the same continent. Is any of you Brazilians out there willing to help me with comments or ideas on how to create conscience about animal rights here in my country?

Beijos
#15 Old 09-16-2008, 12:33 AM
Beginner

Hi,

Ive always wanted to go to brazil for a holiday and was hoping someone could recommend some cool spots, Ill be taking a surfboard but am interested in everything from the Amazon to Rio.

Cheers
#16 Old 10-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angiez22 View Post

òla, eu falo um poco de portugues, I´m from chile and I was in the past in brazil,too. It´s a nice place, great beaches ever, I was in buzio and rio.

Angie.

Chile here too
#17 Old 01-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Beginner

Oi!
#18 Old 05-27-2013, 05:34 AM

Sou de Ctba também :)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page