France - Page 9 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

#241 Old 05-26-2012, 01:13 AM

Hi,

I've never been to Pau so can't speak from personal experience but the Happy Cow website has 2 veggie/vegan friendly listings:

http://www.happycow.net/europe/france/pau/

Its a fairly big town, I think, so getting soya milk etc from supermarkets shouldn't be a problem. There are also 2 "BioCoops" (health food shops) in nearby Tarbes.

As for Paris; there are some excellent vegan restaurants:

http://www.happycow.net/europe/france/paris/

I recommend Maoz Falafel for a cheap, tasty snack and also the Gentle Gourmand Cafe (which has only recently opened but is run entirely by vegans and is excellent quality {also one of the few places that serves a vegan breakfast from 7am}).

You may also find my website useful:

www.vegan-france.com

Hope this helps and you have a great time!

www.vegan-france.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 Old 05-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for the reply.  I appreciate it.  :)

#243 Old 05-29-2012, 10:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalquiezar View Post

Hi everyone.

Here is two links to the vegan guide for Paris edited by the french association "droits des animaux" (animal rights in french) : http://www.droitsdesanimaux-shop.net...egan_recto.jpg

http://www.droitsdesanimaux-shop.net...egan_verso.jpg

Here is also the only vegan webshop in France (i am the owner) : http://unmondevegan.net/

If you have any question about Paris or France you can ask me

I have already placed on order for Vegan cheese(very expensive) that is manufactured in the UK

. I can recommend UMV as they do give friendly advise over the phone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#244 Old 06-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Veggie Regular

What differences can expect while in France?

For example, energy prices are relatively high there compared to the US.  What other unexpected things might I encounter? 

Is almond milk widely available? 

#245 Old 06-24-2012, 01:13 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm just back from California where there is so much choice for 'Vegs'. The price of fodd is   cheaper than in France.

You can't find any faux meats, vegan cheese in shops overhere. Almond milk is easy to find but very expensive. A big battle unless you want to eat grains and beans.

#246 Old 06-24-2012, 03:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by julz View Post

What differences can expect while in France?

For example, energy prices are relatively high there compared to the US.  What other unexpected things might I encounter? 

Is almond milk widely available? 

What part of France? I found faux meats and even faux cheeses at the co-op (health food store) of the city I lived in and the bigger city near it.
#247 Old 06-24-2012, 03:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Just saw you said pau/ Paris. Happycow mentioned above is your friend.
#248 Old 06-25-2012, 09:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Well, it doesn't have to be food.  I am just curious as to differences in general.  When I was young, there were a lot of differences.  For example, the village I was in had no market.  You purchased your bread from the bread man who drove down the street once a week, meat was purchased at the butcher shop, and vegetables were purchased at the open air market.  There was a canal that went through the middle of town and women used to wash their clothes in it with a washboard.  No one had a clothes dryer.  This was a very long time ago, but I remember as a child thinking that they were about 30 years behind us at the time.  I am sure they are not now, but I just wondering. 

#249 Old 07-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetalien View Post
 There are also 2 "BioCoops" (health food shops) in nearby Tarbes.

Do you know the names of the biocoops in Tarbes?  I am hoping that I can find some places that will make fresh juice while you wait.  One of the restaurants in Pau appears to make juice, but I was hoping to find a juice bar.

Thanks

#250 Old 07-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Yet another question...

We are juicing a lot.  Either I am going to take an inexpensive juicer with us or purchase one there.  Are they easy to find in the department stores? 

#251 Old 12-05-2013, 02:54 AM

to everyone who knows french i just wanna check are those ingredients vegan

Ingrédients

Cacahuètes, huiles végétales (arachide, tournesol), sel (1%). Présence éventuelle de traces de fruits à coque.

i bought those peanuts and i need to check before i eat them are they vegan i translated and they are 

please help  Thank you

#252 Old 12-05-2013, 06:33 AM
Veggie Regular

They are vegan.

#253 Old 12-05-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyvas View Post

They are vegan.

Thank you :) 

#254 Old 03-20-2015, 02:38 PM
Chaotic Vegetarian

This place is dusty !
Je viens d'arriver sur VB et j'habite en France.
Si certains d'entre vous veulent pratiquer le français, n'hésitez-pas à poster ici !
LedBoots likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bon appétit !
#255 Old 01-26-2016, 11:30 AM

Il n'y a pas beaucoup de Français, I am half French and half Italian if anyone want to speak or ask me about my old and new countries
LedBoots likes this.
#256 Old 02-26-2016, 05:48 AM
Chaotic Vegetarian

Yep. And I haven't found any good french language vegetarian forum. So, in which country are you currently living ? Are you a member of the AVF or other groups ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bon appétit !
#257 Old 02-26-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad Elie View Post
Yep. And I haven't found any good french language vegetarian forum. So, in which country are you currently living ? Are you a member of the AVF or other groups ?
Actuellement je vis en Italie. Je ne fais partie d'aucun groupe ou association, par conviction personnelle j'ai décidé de partager mes recettes vegan parce que je voyais que sur le web les recettes qu'on proposait faisait trop appel à des "ingrédients" super élaborés trop industriel.Je suis végan par respect pour ma santé et celle des miens donc pas questions de manger de nouveaux des trucs préparés et chers par dessus le marché.C'est ma façon de lutter contre le consumisme. Bien entendu il y a en jeu mon respect pour la nature et les animaux.
#258 Old 02-26-2016, 10:12 AM
Chaotic Vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganRealm View Post
Actuellement je vis en Italie. Je ne fais partie d'aucun groupe ou association, par conviction personnelle j'ai décidé de partager mes recettes vegan parce que je voyais que sur le web les recettes qu'on proposait faisait trop appel à des "ingrédients" super élaborés trop industriel.Je suis végan par respect pour ma santé et celle des miens donc pas questions de manger de nouveaux des trucs préparés et chers par dessus le marché.C'est ma façon de lutter contre le consumisme. Bien entendu il y a en jeu mon respect pour la nature et les animaux.
C'est super si tu y arrives ! Est-ce plus facile en Italie qu'en France ?

Bon appétit !
#259 Old 02-27-2016, 05:28 AM

Un voyage de mille lieues commence TOUJOURS par un premier pas
Lao Tseu
Facile l'Italie ? C'est difficile de comparer ....Un peu comme comparer la corse à la Bretagne ou comparer les fraises aux pommes.
Ad Elie likes this.
#260 Old 12-06-2016, 06:26 PM
MVA

I am French and I live in France (I come here for do my english, and me relax, it's cool !
#261 Old 02-04-2017, 10:33 AM
Frenchvegan

Send a message via Skype™ to vegetaliano
Bon salut les végés francophones!

Je viens de trouver cette conversation qui date de qques années, mais je vais essayer de raviver l'intérêt des végés pour ce qui se passe en France en 2017...
J'habite la France (Parthenay en Nouvelle-Aquitaine, jadis Poitou-Charentes) depuis plus de 15 ans, et je peux vous assurer que les choses ont changé beaucoup depuis qques ans. Il y a mantenant un magasin Vegan online (Paris et Lyon) "Un Monde Vegan" où on peut acheter à peu près n'importe quoi pour aliments vegans. Ma femme et moi (vegans depuis 20 ans) ont besoin de ça, car nous habitons le bled (litteralement, parmi les champs) en France profonde, et nos voisins (tous français) sont des fermiers traditionnels (omnivores, peu de compréhension des végés). Mais un vegan peut survivre ici si on est malin: on peut trouver fromage vegan (écossais, Bute Island), remplacements végé pour toutes sortes d'aliment, et des fruits et légumes super!
Bon, je termine là. Si ça vous intéresse, je veux bien vous tenir au courant.
Salut!

Peter (je suis écossais d'origine)

Vegetaliano
Empathy, he once had decided, must be limited to herbivores or anyhow omnivores who could depart from a meat diet.
--Philip K. Dick (1968)
#262 Old 02-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Frenchvegan

Send a message via Skype™ to vegetaliano
Ad Elie
Vous avez entendu parler de "vegeweb.org"? Sinon, ça vaut la peine d'y jeter un coup d'oeil: il y a plein de vegan(e)s et vegetarien(ne)s qui en sont membres (j'y suis sous l'avatar Taitino..)

Vegetaliano
Empathy, he once had decided, must be limited to herbivores or anyhow omnivores who could depart from a meat diet.
--Philip K. Dick (1968)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page