Japan - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 02-02-2006, 03:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natto freak View Post

just popping in to say HI. this forum doesn`t get much action.

You say forum here doesn't get much action, so lets put that to work, I'm up for it........One cool reason is that I've pretty near always wanted to learn the language, and to go there will follow I hope, OMG, I so do hope! I have plenty of neat links I could hand out, if I spin out a few, they'll hopefully inspire others to post in this thread, whether those of who do are in Japan or any place else with a love of Japan

Quote:

I`m in Nagasaki,. anybody else out there near here??? Also hello to Haylie up in Kobe... I was up that way (IKOMA) to visit a friend in August... but other than that I don`t get up there much.

I met a cyber somebody from Kobe just the other day, allergic to meat, sooo thats lucky A japanese. Sadly as you can tell I've never been to Japan YET!!!!! but there are ppl on VB that have~> Ceryna for one and ShinguVegan to name but two!! Good for them, I envy them of course, but thats all good .....I wonder if Shingu is still there to be envied? hehe j/k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 02-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Veggie Regular

[B]FORMAL LEARNING of Japanese (casual learners accepted also if constructive!)[/B]

FORMAL LEARNING of Japanese, this will ONLY suck up until you read the next paragraph and then we can set sail....

FORWARD: WHAT INSPIRES TO PUT THIS INTO PRACTICE & WHAT IS EFFICIENT AND EFFECTUAL ...to making ends meet between us and foreigners, the likes of whom live in Japan!!!

BASIC IDEA: Basic premise is to engage broad speaking grasp of said language,by using not only each others knowledge with help of VBers each to themself, but with larger web interactions with perhaps other language forums to report on at VB to enrich qualilty of learning-- it is possible for this NOT to SUCK!!!

Stoke up for learning here and NOW and imminently/ subsequently as follows and take action by forming a group of interested individuals to forcast interest in this imminent "Japanese Language Thread" before I proceed starting a thread.

WHAT RULES/ WHAT GAINS/ WHAT GIVES, etc SHOULD I PROCEED >>

Please be serious, because if you are TOO casual, maybe this is not for you, so you seriously interested?...READ ON....

>> JAPANESE LANG >> READY?? >> FAQ: [Answering as we Go!!]

WHO FOR IS IT?? DOES IT MATTER WHO, SO LONG AS WILL TO LEARN IS STAUNCH & FLEXIBLE?? >>> Anyone bascily can apply,

it is for any sensible VBer essentially, is who I (loosely) devise this for or else I can just as easily take this elsewhere if no interest avails and make it function in some other internet forum....

FIRST OF ALL.....

I will not be the teacher, WE ALL WILL BE, I'm not able to appoint HOW you will learn, nor qualified, but I do aim to be the OP to initiate all this, and of course if anyone sees where improvement can be made, great, because we will all contribute in the end IF this goes ahead with the energy and enthusiasm with which it begins (as I intend) !!!....

WHAT IT IS NOT (but what it may become!!!!!).... Naturally since all this is of my own making, this is not a degree course "as such" quite yet obviously (which would be sweet)...though as best as I can do what you see here "I've devised the basic initial structure of" but then by the same token, realize I'm no where near qualified to create ALL whats needed, but look yo, more likely therefore is that any topic started or related to this OVERALL SUBJECT of japanese lang, will in the event... (to begin now) ...be rather like 'an open forum' in a sense, so any thread born of this standard stands good chance of STRONG potential and could (aiming high!!!!) become "course worthy material"

on language subjects AND IF YOU WANT japanese culture subjects too, respectively, so that we all contribute stuff to either topic/agenda,

in as organized a way as possible and dare I say with that in place, all which is studied may then be potentially of academic standard in

some form, whether you be studying gargantually (big time)or not.... Anyway I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE all matters carry some WEIGHT in experienced gained is all I am saying to produce students here on VB with tools they can gather up and utilize in the real world, applicable

to whatever you like!!!!....

COMMITMENT EQUALS SUCCESS (in theory~ depending on approach):

All those interested in learning Japanese at any stage ~but particularly as a beginner~ please show a set of dedicated hands so that I can know whether its worth a combined (or solo) effort for those that are interested to learn sort of collectively or adlib on ones own (but still with help/encouragement of each other!)...

[WHEN to start??/ & LEARNING TACTICS].... >>> starting NOW preferably or as much as you can comfortably take on board at this time, I AM BEGINNER, but regardless, the plan is IMO to proceed so that without a doubt, those that REALLY wanna learn CAN and will (whomever

is interested), and hence then there will be decision made promptly as a result what type or style (OR combined approach) of learning thread to employ according to amount of interest generated in this short burst concensus.

For example, IF it turns out starting this learning process/VB project has down less than 5 of us, no problemo, it CAN still work and maybe better with few than many messing things up... With such few numbers likely to be interested it will in my view make sense in that case to start a thread suited to that number for this very purpose of targeting those most willing to learn, like myself, and assuming there will be only a small handful of us anyway, thats cool by me, since learners up for this will be most into it, and giving it their individual & shared major ambition which we will among us have in common..... Sooo, who do we have?....or is it just me up for this at present?

IMPORTANT NOTES FOR STUDY, major point is to note how often you can manage to make your input, should you be interested with the required enthusiasm it takes to succeed!....

Friendly warning: lack of input may warrant you out by default, but I will not (try not) as OP, condemn or backhand those of us (including myself) if learning suffers due to time restraints for individuals, so long as who joins in is serious, or in some way committed to being constructive in helping this be an enjoyable experience for all who feel the will to APPLY THEMSELVES!
#33 Old 02-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Veggie Regular

In the above, if you see anything that you don't get, or which makes you unsure, including with regard to any typo, let me know so whoever of us attend can discuss it to meet all our needs....

PREPARATION (in the making as you can see)..... including: | LEARNING MATERIALS (books etc) | INFO GATHERING (from websites etc) and not least SKILLED PERSONS (If Available) To Share Help on "pc TECHNICAL Matters" when setting alterations in accordance with languages utilized Additional To English Language (which can be put in use the same time as japanese I believe or by switch-over).

Step right up and tell us what you know, to help steer us interns enter premiership in the language.... so being, I ask assistance of anyone if credible, who has any advance or PRE-(past)-learning experience to offer, whether themselves still with mastery to gain or not and whether rusty skills to practice or brush up on and so on, or whatever, sooo whatever you got, you're learned input is in demand and which I hope you use to partake to help this rad & eloquent culture learning curve project !

MODS: IF I need to start a new thread for this MODS, don't worry, since this is the intention anyway, but I want peoples attention in this thread for the moment, and if its cool I'd like to keep this as an advert for a new thread, know what I mean, and this is my last BIG post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 02-10-2006, 02:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Japan viewed most positively in world; Iran most negatively : BBC poll

http://www.crisscross.com/jp/news/363262 Rock on Japan!!!!!

Some more fact and figures on the way..... in ETA forthcoming........

soooo now, OTHER FACTS & FIGURES TO ENTHUSE ABOUT

Language facts first of all:

Japanese is spoken in Japan, US, Brazil

Speaking Population= 135 Million Worldwide....
#35 Old 02-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Veggie Regular

*bump*
#36 Old 02-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinguVegan View Post

Just a quick message. On Wens. two whales got lost and swam into the the koza river near my town. It was odd. There was a crowd of 20 people standing around, starring, but doing nothing. One of the whales appeared to have an injured flipper, but I can't imagine that's the reason they got lost in the river. Listening to most of the people talking, they simply assumed the whales would be dead by morning. I honestly think that's what they wanted! One member of the crowd said something like this happend 20 years or so ago, and that they just killed them and ate them. You see that's what they do here. They hunt and torture and then eat whales...

Anyhow, I didn't know how to react to this. I had protested the whale slaughter in Taiji before, but I walk a fine line. I have to remember that I'm a guest in this community. Not just some fly-by night protest group that shows up, takes video and then slips away. I live here. I teach kids who's parents make a living in the whaling industry. I try to see things from both sides (although I really can't when the bay turns red and I listen to dolphins litteraly screaming at night). Besides two lost whales were a little different. Do I get the signs and start marching, start shouting for people to do something when all they want to do is nothing?

At least this story has a happy ending. In the end the fire department was called (thanks to a friend!) and we asked "What are you gonna do about it!" They seemed reluctant, but in the end the whales were saved. Hopefully the injured whale will make it away before they decide to get the boat and harpoons... I should be happy that the whales are safe, and I am, but really, right now I'm just disillussioned, sad, and angry. I wish people could understand. This place is filled with such natural beauty. Then we make the ocean run red. I mean red. It's blood and hatred and anger that make it so. It's just so wrong.

Well I had best stop here. this was supposed to be short, but it's turned into a long, disorganized ramble. I think I just needed to vent a little.

I understand what you are talking about....If only the humans could see things for what they truly are.....All of us have red blood....we have a heart, a family...feelings, dreams, destiny.......People walk around with their eyes closed, all they can see is the things they want to see, they hide the truth, and listen to the lies, the lies of their mind....I only wish that they would open their eyes, and at least take a look at the sky.......the stars, the moon.....the waves of the ocean...........I wish they would open their eyes and stop killing everything, stop hurting everything, stop taking families away, life away, love.......The eagles do not fly over the broken lands....they only fly over the hidden lands, the great places, that have not been destroyed......and they carry such wisdom, truth, love..........just as a raven carries a spirit.....It is hard to understand that people could just.....torture something even if they can see it's blood.......
#37 Old 02-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Beginner

I have many Japanese books....I am teaching myself.....I only know a few sentences and words........Dozo yoroshiku...
#38 Old 02-13-2006, 04:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi RavenStar/ ANYONE...... Any questions so far?......

There's not much I can say at the moment, apart from recite the indellible hardline intention. Then recite of the actual language to resonate your cerebral cortex or whatever brainie power learners have available

BUT celasse, celasse, as soon as people show interest, straight away things will blossom so to speak... whether youre learning is seasonal or ALL semester, year round immersement!!!!!

PREDICTABLY, most ppl on VB, I think I rightly assume, will have to learn at their own pace with modern living being what it is.....

And besides which I'm NOT convinced many VBers have it in them to learn YET/ if ever! [I don't care if that sounds rude, its all part of the plan, LOL]

Learning goes on regardless.... (even if it does make me look like at despotic teacher ....joke ending here, SERIOUS!!....I am not the sole teacher here, self elected though I am as the only one at present).

WAYS & MEANS (to learn) CODE OF CONDUCT/ VA Work Ethics:

I KNOW (understandably in some cases) not everyone will be able to input every week, let alone everyday, when this arises a ROLL-_-OVER, may occur, such as attention deficit, this is not my problem really, other than to see how it effects the group where a clique of confidence is formed within a member tribe, but never shall co-dependance of a group operative as a whole over-ride individual learning capacity or ability to such a degree that individuals get thrown aside.... (unless thats their own fault due to laziness, etc/ NO Time for Time Wasters PLEASE!!)

Not all methods of learning will result the same bundle of expectations

in all people (in other words: ref above) but this is the added value of sharing and participating together, which is why I'm putting so much effort into providing encouragement. I want more people to appreciate JAPAN, the culture, not just the language!

k, back to work!!!!!!!

For me anyways this will go ahead in any way possible to do which is just another way of saying what I've said in my above posts, on how emphasis of the fact not everyone can apply themselves at the drop of a hat, and not for a long enough time in the day.

Whilst there are some things I don't care for in the group context (if disrupted).. I CAN however appreciate there may well be that fluctuation in schedule for some individuals OR of group members whose provizo on the otherhand is manifest by the desire & inclination to be participant (part n' parcel) as a group-share-staker IF THAT IS YOUR DECISION TO UNDERTAKE!!!!

Which-ever-how you look at ways of learning a language, there will always be learning gaps to bridge and a variety of methods to overcome them, either of teaching self or by getting grasp on this together even if as a second-rate, loosely tied group, ie, despite the uniformity of discipline or lack of which I know will be a problem for some....for me too, *even though I have discpline* not that I boast, I'm just making a CRITICAL point!....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now OVERVIEW is as COMPLETE as I can possible make it, I can say with reasonable mental gestation, the BE ALL (for right here & now) of what I can do is RECOMMEND guidelines the way I see how setup will commence....

Lets now co-ordinate.....etc!.....speculate to accumulate and WHATEVA.

[Finally, sorry to rebuff >>> but for anyone confused >>> What do you want, blood?...If so, I don't care]...Its all layed out right here...READ!

(BAD NOTE to 'END' ON, so take no notice if you have the PASSION to learn) ....My reward is already made up to THAT END!.... Hopefully all will be as fulfilled in due time!

I KNOW I KNOW.......Sounds more like I'm teaching martial arts regime here, I'm not, but just consider that a bonus in the way I talk, in that my approach is a touch rad for the sakes you might graduate!
#39 Old 02-13-2006, 06:14 AM

I am a little bit intimidated by your tactics, va~goth~uk, but I am happy to participate.

Let`s start a plan of attack... Ima kara, Nihongo de hanashimasho!!!!

Watashi wa saishokushugi desu.
#40 Old 02-13-2006, 06:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natto freak View Post

I am a little bit intimidated by your tactics, va~goth~uk, but I am happy to participate.

Yeah, I find it hard to apolgize though for being aggressive about this.....

Its all about discipline though to make work everything in proper style, whatever style is appropiate, so that learning is assured, thats really my only intention for being 'intimidating' as you put it Sorry if you were offput, but I can't surrender much to lethargic approach in the field whilst there is so much to learn, even if I am seeming intense or uptight.... I assure you my intention is good whatever I say!

Intimidation is just an offshoot of being intense, so think of it like that, and you'll not fear anything!

Either I yield too much and end up a jelly, or offer some instruction is the way I see it, as in providing helpful guidelines to keep the experience disciplined, enjoyable and motivated !
#41 Old 02-13-2006, 07:07 AM

yeah, so well, let`s go.

nihongo de hanashimasho!!!!!!!
#42 Old 02-13-2006, 07:18 AM
Veggie Regular

you're sooooo right, ENOUGH INTRO....on with practice BUT to start I totally suggest this first run exercise of running thru and assessing where our best sources are for things to take shape, what shape is that by the way!

I kinda need your input, if we're gonna work alongside, but man am I exhausted.... Writing the BIG intro was hard work, BUT that was HALF

the work already, so in other words}

Failing to Prepare is Preparing to Fail !

--------------------------------------

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^CLICK HERE TO ANSWER AND DIVULGE THIS PARTICULAR QUESTION (below): ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ >>>>>>>>>

For All.......LANGUAGE FORUMS: (language utilities, etc)What are some places online you use to educate yourself in terms of culture and language, mainly concerning forums for lang learning, etc??? (Answer in other thread please!)
#43 Old 02-13-2006, 08:06 AM
Veggie Regular

LINKS TO VARIOUS ARTISTIC AND GALLERY WEBSITES!!!!!

GENERAL LINKS I GUESS, MAYBE WORTH A LOOK, WHO KNOWS.

http://www.big.or.jp[/~radical/Link.html] <<NoAccessPage. This link only works in short and I can't read any of it just yet with all of big.or.jp being in japanese, but nevermind becoz what matters is check out the links I copied before what you see now got moved to wherever it got lifted. Anyways whilst the page for links is now no longer accessible, I have the RANDOM LINKS RETAINED, here from back in the day!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LIFTED FROM old Link Room of Above Site.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Work on Web

ÂÂÃ¥ÂçÂ[email protected]`2000ÂN ÂúÂ{ÂçÂwÂïAÂÃÂÂV·Âà http://www.kahaku.go.jp/special/past/kao-ten

ÂLÂbÂ`ÂÂÂÃ[email protected] http://wr.cplaza.ne.jp/backnums/1st/.../dkmyroom.html

ÂK[ÂfÂjÂÂÂOÂÃ[email protected] http://wr.cplaza.ne.jp/backnums/2nd/...oom/index.html

ÂgÂÃÂdÂbÂÃ[email protected] http://wr.cplaza.ne.jp/backnums/3rd/...oom/index.html

ÂAÂÂÂ_[ÂEÂFÂAÂÃ[email protected] http://wr.cplaza.ne.jp/backnums/4th/spmyroom/index.html

ÂCÂÂÂ^[ÂlÂbÂgÂÃ[email protected] http://wr.cplaza.ne.jp/backnums/5th/spmyroom/index.html

Â_ÂCÂGÂbÂgÂÃ[email protected] http://wr.cplaza.ne.jp/backnums/6th/spmyroom/index.html

Gallery  magazine & Office

ÂÂAÂ^Â}ÂgÂeÂCÂÂÂ^[ÂiÂVÂÂÂiÂÂ@ http://www.atamatote.co.jp

ÂÂÂÂNÂÂ[ÂgART [email protected] http://www.recruit.co.jp/GG

ÂÂMÂÂÂÂÂÂ[ÂnÂEÂXÂ}ÂÂ@ http://www.gallery-h-maya.com

ÂÂsÂÂÂ|ÂCÂÂÂgÂMÂÂÂÂÂÂ[@ http://www.pinpointgallery.com

ÂÂMÂÂÂÂÂÂ[EÂGÂ[email protected] http://tokyo-EF.NET/ga-ef/index.html

Â[email protected] http://ARS.alephzero.co.jp

ÂÂs[ÂXÂJ[Â[email protected] http://www.peacecard.com

ÂÂfÂBÂWÂ^ÂÂEÂCÂ[Â[email protected] http://www.digitalimage.org

ÂMdN [email protected] http://www.MdN.co.jp/Magazine

ÂGALLERY [email protected] http://www.st.rim.or.jp/~hime-ft-

ÂMonthly Web [email protected] [email protected] http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~bass

ÂÂWÂIÂÂEÂOÂÂÂtÂBÂbÂ[email protected] http://www.geon-j.com

ÂK2Âz[ÂÂÂy[Â[email protected] http://fm802.co.jp/k2/k2-index.html

Artists

ÂÂtÂHÂgÂOÂÂÂtÂ@[@ KÂ¥³Âñ@ http://www.ajbb.co.jp/tokoro/index.html

ÂÂCÂÂÂXÂgÂÂ[Â^[@ÂúÂ^ÂJÂq³Âñ@ http://www.interq.or.jp/snake/kim

ÂÂA[ÂeÂBÂXÂ[email protected]ÂâÂìÂóÂÃÂè³Âñ@ http://www.otogai.com

ÂÂA[ÂeÂBÂXÂ[email protected]ÂgÂÂÂXÂR[ÂVÂ[³Âñ@ http://www.torisukoshiro.com

ÂÂA[ÂeÂBÂXÂ[email protected]ÂÃÂÃÂç³Â*Âç³Âñ@ http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/%7Eks3f-sgwr/

ÂÂCÂÂÂXÂgÂÂ[Â^[@¼Â[Âñ³Âñ@ http://www.geocities.co.jp/Hollywood/9116

ÂÂCÂÂÂXÂgÂÂ[Â^[@éÂJ¬ÂF³Âñ@ http://www2.gol.com/users/joya/home.html

ÂÂCÂÂÂXÂgÂÂ[Â^[@´ÂPÂ¥³Âñ@ http://www1.ocn.ne.jp/~zentaka

ÂÂCÂÂÂXÂgÂÂ[Â^[@± Â«Âç³Âñ@ http://www.ne.jp/asahi/oke/com

ÂÂCÂÂÂXÂgÂÂ[Â^[@ÂÃÂÃ*ÂÂÂV³Âñ@ http://www.ne.jp/asahi/doron/m

ÂÂCÂÂÂXÂgÂÂ[Â^[@ÂJÂûÂVÂÂE³Âñ@ http://460s.com

ÂÂCÂÂÂXÂgÂÂ[Â^[@Â~ÂÂÂPÂVÂQ³Âñ@ http://www.ne.jp/asahi/s/bigsur

ÂÂLÂÂÂÂÂNÂ^[ÂfÂUÂCÂi[@Â{ÂöÂÃ¥ÂóÂñ@ http://www6.big.or.jp/~reichan

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÃ@¬ÂÃÂÃÂéÂã³Âñ@ http://www.246.ne.jp/~spring2

ÂÂCÂÂÂXÂgÂÂ[Â^[@[email protected]¬ÂêÂY³Âñ@ http://www.mori-ryuichiro.com

ÂÂCÂÂÂXÂgÂÂ[Â^[@ÂcÂÂÂÃÂëÂóÂñ@

http://www03.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/ca2/usagi

ÂÂCÂÂÂXÂgÂÂ[Â^[@ÂCÂÃÂXÂ¥³Âñ@ http://www.kaizu.com

ÂÂCÂÂÂXÂgÂÂ[Â^[@ÂgÂäG³Âñ@ http://www.yoshii.com

[email protected]Â@more

ÂPRINCE ÂIÂtÂBÂVÂÂÂÂÂTÂCÂ[email protected] http://www.npgmusicclub.com

Â[email protected] http://prince.jp.org

ÂMaxi Koichi³Âñ@[email protected] http://www.70scrts.org

ÂÂéÂÃNÂVÂÂÃÂoÂÂÂ[email protected]@ http://www4.justnet.ne.jp/~ya-bell/kai.htm

ÂÂWÂÂÂYÂÂÂfÂBÂIEÂlÂbÂ[email protected]ÂtÂÂÂ@Âx ÂÂÂÂÂ@ http://www.jazzradio.net/indexf.html

Â[email protected] Sound of [email protected]

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~HH6T-TKD/index.html

ÂÂæÂOÂÂÂä@ http://www.thirdstage.com
#44 Old 02-13-2006, 08:17 AM
Veggie Regular

ASIDE from the fact Japan is a whaling nation.....I present news of this for size!!!!

Japan viewed most positively in world; Iran most negatively : BBC poll

http://www.crisscross.com/jp/news/363262 Rock on Japan!!!!!

Some more fact and figures on the way..... in ETA forthcoming........

soooo now, OTHER FACTS & FIGURES TO ENTHUSE ABOUT

Language facts first of all:

Japanese is spoken in Japan, US, Brazil

Speaking Population= 135 Million Worldwide....
#45 Old 02-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Veggie Regular

I was into these languages even before I came to VB, and since I came to VB, I got into wishing to learn more actively, yet how ridiculous that its taken me 3 years even to get into gear and really go for it! See link for proof of those 3 yrs ago!!!!

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...0&postcount=21
#46 Old 02-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Veggie Regular

i've been learning japanese for 5-6 years, and i still think i kinda suck at it, but hey, that's why i have to start learning it again i'm down for.. whatever this is.
#47 Old 02-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Important Note for: Seperate from this thread will be the **Official Thread of Constructive Classroom Mentality** that

will start a bit later, when "Active Devisive Learning" comes into force AKA= "OTCCM"....The OTCCM, needs you as much as it needs me to get it going when the time comes!

soooo, when refering to my posts in THIS "JAPAN" nation thread(YOU'RE IN IT NOW) and the other closely related "Japanese Culture & Inspiration" thread....NEITHER!!!! THIS NOR THAT thread are for use in which to actively learn, until comes time for the OTCCM ...so meanwhile info in "JAPAN" nation, is just *PREP ADVERTISMENT* discussing what will be the NEW SEPERATE thread called the OTCCM, and actually J-OTCCM betterstill... (J- for Jap, duh!)

Welcome to this (in advance of official starting) as described above mayuko!

*Still Recruiting* (sts) at present..... FYI its not much good starting until we get decent number of people ~5 at least~ I reckon is ok, not brilliant, but its no problem, we have that many already I think(?).....

Anyways, I'm just seeing who else may see this and join us! then with

a bit of luck and whatever we can all bond/work as a group/team, cohesively learning where possible (and all that jazz, but individually giving input also is aspect of success too).
#48 Old 03-01-2006, 02:59 AM
Beginner

Okay.....Is it possible to learn Chinese at the same time?....My Shifu....He said I should.....Because he is from China, and I'm learning Japanese.......
#49 Old 03-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Veggie Regular

I MIGHT WELL NEED SOME DAMN HELP EVEN GETTING THINGS STARTED IN THIS ONE RESPECT.......

Still working on the TECH and keyboard side of things, and I CANNOT possibly say a date when my PC will be ready, but I AM working on it.

Others that have their PC setup already for japanese, but may have had some difficulties with the standard setup on WinXP, you gotta help me

some if you will.... Japanese is not even listed on my PC as a language yet, and I'm not at all sure whether I require to load something from WinXP OS disk for that to remedy by uploading or lifting something from it about what I mention there or whether I'd be barking up the wrong tree looking to that as my answer (to get japanese lang to appear in menu under principally I suppose the Regional & Language Options in XP Control Panel. However under Internet Options on the other hand I got me a japanese choice there, I just don't know how that fits in with the other method of selecting my chosen lang though via the method I mention also here in this post. I'm confused still therefore and for this reason I am still working things out to enable myself to show japanese characters.
#50 Old 03-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstar View Post

Okay.....Is it possible to learn Chinese at the same time?....My Shifu....He said I should.....Because he is from China, and I'm learning Japanese.......

I cannot advise in any expert way, as I simply don't know for sure about that, but some chinese and japanese characters are shared or at least have reminscent qualities in common I guess, even if maybe characters between chinese and japanese are not (by no means all I think) strictly borrowed outright. Which ever ones are and whether characters are reciprocally used by both languages I don't know that either, though I'm sure some could well be influential at very least, (one way or another) even if only a small few are in the case of japanese, taken or borrowed from Chinese, and less the case vice versa I imagine, but I must emphasize I really can't be factual until finding out more which I might not bother with much ...as I've no urgent need for that right now, I am (principally) only learning japanese....so I cannot comment with the nothingness I know about influence about one language over another or vice versa, for instance if applicable that chinese is or was at some point in history inspired by japanese or not, and actually I'm seeing it the other way, which I think is more probable as the reality & truth..... (but_ this is only a recollection of a vague memory of what I recall a japanese teacher saying in 2001, when I last seriously attempted japanese, although my efforts at the time were amateur at best, same as for the teacher which was obviously not the best inspiration or conditions for me to learn proper, the lessons I went to were short, so this particular fruitless tutor I came across was not really notable at all in terms of a valid lesson and hard-grind learning, .... and anyway I digress).

Anyhow these are all just my assumptions, read into it what you will, BUT better than this conjecture is to seek out the FACTS about the characters of each language, instead of trying to validate this or that on assumption basis!....

If you have a serious decision to make you must know upfront to save yourself time and trouble, of not otherwise knowing what demands learning 2 langauages will likely place upon you making it all so much harder!....<< in other words I have my doubts that learning both chinese and japanese could be considered complimentary from either stance!!!

Any way you choose I say, since I don't really know better, but prep and research of the basics is of course the sensible first step, even then though I would exercise some caution about learning more than one language, however, maybe you can get away with learning chinese and japanese on the side?.... I really think though chinese is more complex than japanese so Ravenstar, if "I" were you I say pick one lang over the other so that if you must study both at one time you can at least pay more attention to the chinese which you seem to want to place most your focus on. I however will do the opposite and place most (if not all) my focus on just japanese, and not have any need or concern for chinese personally. Chinese is not the lang I would start with as a beginner in Asian languages personally....but hey its up to you RavenStar! However you want at the end of the day!!!!
#51 Old 03-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Veggie Regular

2 (or more??) METHODS of installing japanese on WinXP ......[MY LATEST]....

I NEED (could use! ) SOME DAMN HELP EVEN GETTING LANGUAGE TECH HAPPENING IN THIS ONE RESPECT <<kicks up a fuss!!>>...THAT SAID, THIS PROJECT "WILL" DRAG ITS HEELS WITHOUT ME 'PRESSURING THE DIAL' so to speak, BUT *I TOO* NEED HELP so there and this is how it begins..... and the sooner I get assistance, the quicker I can proceed with the whole biznit shiznit !

Still working on the TECH and keyboard side of things, and I CANNOT possibly say a date when my PC will be ready, but I AM working on it.

Others that have their PC setup already for japanese, but may have had some difficulties with the standard setup on WinXP, you gotta help me

some if you will.... Japanese is not even listed (or/nor installed) on my PC as a language yet, and I'm not at all sure whether I require to load something from WinXP OS disk for that to remedy by uploading or lifting something from it about what I mention there or whether I'd be barking up the wrong tree looking to that as my answer (to get japanese lang to appear in menu under principally I suppose the Regional & Language Options in XP Control Panel.

**However under Internet Options on the other hand** I got me a japanese choice there, so if anyone reading this knows whats up, all I can say is ~ I just don't know how that fits in with the other method of selecting my chosen lang though via the method I mention also here in this post....sooo I'm confused still therefore and for this reason I am still working things out to enable myself to show japanese characters.
#52 Old 03-02-2006, 03:24 AM
Beginner

Thank you........I believe I deeply choose to learn Japanese, and I like Japan very much........But if my Shifu/ master is Chinese......Well, he said that I should study both............Thank you very much VA~goth~UK
#53 Old 03-03-2006, 05:58 AM
Veggie Regular

BULLETIN FOR LANGUAGE LEARNERS (including this japanese agenda and turn of events).....and that is I is hoping for a reply from Michael shortly about the mega possibility of him (not in any way confirmed) allowing a VB Language Forum or SUB-forum to be created in among the Other Countries catagory as I really think its time to put that to work

IM-everlasting-hope-&-Opinion....ahem, okay is it a goer yet Michael, coz I need (indeed all) concerned with language need to know what to do about the posts applicable to this at present posted in this thread, which conflicts with the overall subjective country by country topic (in this case~ japan).

Such an outlet would be fabulous for creating diversity of worldwide input on VB, and of course the deliberate pursuit of learning a fortold language with the distinct purpose of personal communication development, whatever that entails for the individual learning something foreign......

In one way to explain the awesome learning incentive of a language, an overview giving a solid reason about why learn a language, is this....

What language does in asset of why bother, is it transforms minds of once alien dissent (so to speak) even though we are all earth bound suckers, making us into people more capable of multi-cultural education able to redress differentials in cultural deficit, as we see fit to test our self fulfillment at a time when we go all out to challenge our ability to learn something new or foreign.... And language in *any* shape or form especially "cultural language" as such is one of the best ways to go about learning and redressing the balance of our cultural deficits and ignorance, to turnaround repressed communication by some sort of relay with those not necessarily speaking the same language as us, but whom with you soon will be able to speak in duality, with just a bit of fortitude and perseverance.... Honoring whatever criteria is at stake in a particular language or moulding it to suit your own whims, and making enjoyable the ability to relay & interlay and generally diversify cognitive speak and promoting new ways of thinking thru shared ideas with the world at large, (ie, thru mutual exchange and so on basicly), to pursue as we wish and befriend people of cultures otherwise totally unknown to us and previously beyond our reach (all because we can't be bothered to learn a language).... but when we do bother we find new worlds and new people, dis-myth-ify and disalienate the sometimes damaging misconcepts subject to being alienated.

So why not open up to some incredible new insight which we can delight and engage in *meaning interface thru language* (maybe even merge culture if you dare) with those once non-permeable cultures, and that process in itself is accomplishment even when only some way mastered and would be a huge all round asset for the marketing of veganisima and VB per se!!!!!
#54 Old 03-06-2006, 08:41 AM
Veggie Regular

New forum BULLETIN UPDATE (Hope Anulled for now)

Refering to my post directly above; and I guess (having suggested to Michael what might be possible, sooo, a new lang forum (right now anyway) is a no-no at present ~REF: my above 'pre-hype promotion' of what could be if enough voted for one or more new lang forums.... As things stand though not enough people on VB as a whole SEEM to have enough language interest to warrant ANY forum of this kind AS YET, apparently, let alone each nation with its own language sub forums for each country, or hell, even one multi-language sub inventory or catagory and/or unified place in which to post exclusive language or combined languages all in one place /or however else a forum may be devised for this purpose...Anyhow, speak up or lose your language

potentials, or if not it won't be happening unless more people express interest to Michael with a view to a MAYBE about the idea of having A LANGUAGE FORUM of some sort here on VB!!!!
#55 Old 03-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Veggie Regular

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ALL POSTS IN THIS THREAD inclusive of #31 thru to #50 (except #40 and except THIS, post #51) WILL VERY SOON SHIFT INTO AN ENTIRE NEW THREAD IN HOBBIES (until indefinately a time a new forum may appear).......SO WITHOUT STOPPING THE SHOW, RIGHT NOW MEANWHILE, AS SOON AS A MOD GETS WORD, MICHAEL I THINK WILL DO THE SPLIT....(ie split this thread and make language ~as got started here~ its own thread for japanese learning).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
]
#56 Old 03-10-2006, 06:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Soooo, refering to the community assistance disgust (or crap in short) yesterday, this transferal is a disaster so far, so probably, you can all forward now to a great deal of nothin now, but just in case I am linking what I wrote anew alongside the closed thread in CM forum for y'all to see who is to blame for torturous wait.... so don't blame me.....

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s....php?p=1182078
#57 Old 03-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Veggie Regular

TASK for you 3 in this thread please~ DELETIONS are needed to preserve integrity of this thread so that it can make sense again. By that I mean the order of your posts have been disrupted by my deletion of my own posts.

CALLING:

Natto Freak

and

Mayuko

and

RavenStar

AS a result of the action to seperate threads, you all need to delete your posts please in this thread related and in reply to language and speaking japanese which I've now created anew, without mods helping, I had no choice but to manually move all your posts in this thread in transfer to the new thread on the same subject, with still ALL OF YOUR posts ALL still in COMPLETE tact that were previously in this JapanNation thread!!! (along with my lot of posts which I also transfered.... **and with improved information incidently** too).

SEEYOU AT THE FOLLOWING LINK at where you will see I've posted on your behalves (the only way).

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=50955

natto freak ...you can leave your first post in THIS thread (#29) as that is not related to language....The others of yours, plz delete (they ARE repeated in my re-creation of whatever was posted before).....

------------------------------------------------------------------------

****** If you've any problems you 3, just let me know in pm! *******
#58 Old 03-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Veggie Regular

natto freak, your first post in this thread is #29, you can leave your post- # 29 as that is not language related. The others of yours, plz delete (they ARE repeated in my re-creation of whatever was posted before).....
#59 Old 03-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Veggie Regular

natto freak ...you can leave your first post in THIS thread (#29) as that is not related to language....
#60 Old 03-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Some general info of Japan (Facts &/or) Background as well as plenty other things to view!

http://www.manythings.org/japanese/links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page