• 1 Post By denise1952
  • 1 Post By denise1952
  • 2 Post By Naturebound
  • 1 Post By LedBoots
  • 1 Post By denise1952

#1 Old 02-21-2016, 10:38 AM
Beginner

Denise's Journal

Just getting one started here, so I will go into more depth as I think of things. My whole life is changing, well, my eating is turning to vegetarian, even as far as vegan possibly. I never cared much for dairy anyway.

I am very into walking, and lost 24 lbs, from 142, down to 118. I'm back up at 122 but maintaining. I have a lot of places I can walk here, but I am now wanting to get with a gym for weight-training. I will be starting there on Wednesday the 24th. Forgot to mention this all started in July, late July, 2015. My upper body is needing a lot more work, my legs got better from the walking.

I have used stretch-bands on a regular basis, but pretty careful as I have a rotater cuff that needs to be babied until the muscles are stronger. A little at a time for me and easy does it

I've already shopped and bought lots of vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds, fruits which I've been pretty much eating already, but I didn't buy any meat or dairy. I'm reading the labels because some things are sneaky, and try to hide on those labels

I tried Quinoa spaghetti last night for the first time, and used it in a vegetable stirfry. I had raw brocolli and carrots to munch on before, dipping them in some "processed" humus, but I'll learn to make my own. It was roasted garlic and I loved it

So maybe some shots of how my muscles look now, with what I have done so far. Then later, I will compare with my progress photos. All decent, I assure you. Just quads, calves, and arm shots.

Love to hear from any of you that are working to build your bods, especially any my age, or any age is fine with me. I can learn from all age-groups Denise

[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arms.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	13737  
Attached Images

veganwarrior1983 likes this.

Last edited by denise1952; 02-21-2016 at 10:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-21-2016, 11:53 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise1952 View Post
Just getting one started here, so I will go into more depth as I think of things. My whole life is changing, well, my eating is turning to vegetarian, even as far as vegan possibly. I never cared much for dairy anyway.

I am very into walking, and lost 24 lbs, from 142, down to 118. I'm back up at 122 but maintaining. I have a lot of places I can walk here, but I am now wanting to get with a gym for weight-training. I will be starting there on Wednesday the 24th. Forgot to mention this all started in July, late July, 2015. My upper body is needing a lot more work, my legs got better from the walking.

I have used stretch-bands on a regular basis, but pretty careful as I have a rotater cuff that needs to be babied until the muscles are stronger. A little at a time for me and easy does it

I've already shopped and bought lots of vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds, fruits which I've been pretty much eating already, but I didn't buy any meat or dairy. I'm reading the labels because some things are sneaky, and try to hide on those labels

I tried Quinoa spaghetti last night for the first time, and used it in a vegetable stirfry. I had raw brocolli and carrots to munch on before, dipping them in some "processed" humus, but I'll learn to make my own. It was roasted garlic and I loved it

So maybe some shots of how my muscles look now, with what I have done so far. Then later, I will compare with my progress photos. All decent, I assure you. Just quads, calves, and arm shots.

Love to hear from any of you that are working to build your bods, especially any my age, or any age is fine with me. I can learn from all age-groups Denise

[/IMG]
Those are some smokin hot gams, lady!
#3 Old 02-21-2016, 12:12 PM
Beginner

Well, wait til you see what happens when I really get with it, LOL! What's a gam, LOL!!

Oh I see, a gam is a leg, lol, should have gotten that Specifically the shapliness, now that is a compliment, thank you again
LedBoots likes this.

Last edited by denise1952; 02-21-2016 at 12:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-23-2016, 09:00 AM
Beginner

So tomorrow is the big day, I start on the strength training. I have really been lazy for the last, 2 weeks. I figured I would just focus on my foods, transitioning to plant-based, with still, some dairy like eggs & cheese. I could live without those I can tell already, but I didn't want to throw away the food, can't afford to be doing that.

I'm so hoping to meet some folks to do "stuff" with offline. This is great talking with people here, but when the weather starts getting good, like in the Spring, I am going to want to be out there but it isn't much fun doing it alone. Although I've been divorced since 97, so nothing new. It's just that at 63, I feel more inclined to start doing the things I've only thought about doing, lol!

I'm cooking real oatmeal, not the instant, and looking at it isn't appetizing. But I'm cooking in raisins, and I will add walnuts, then a little soymilk. I don't like the idea of apples in my oatmeal, so I think I'll eat one on the side. Then I may try a little cinnamon in the oats too, I'm thinking, LOL!!
#5 Old 02-23-2016, 05:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Best wishes! This morning I did 40 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of continuous dancing (ballet/modern), plus a little ab work and then worked an eight hour shift and came home and made dinner and I am still going lol. You can THRIVE as a vegan! No worries as long as you eat a variety and eat enough plant food. I know you will do well!
David3 and denise1952 like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#6 Old 02-24-2016, 08:28 AM
Beginner

I was thinking of you lastnight, and going to the gym of course. There is a neat, little studio that they use for the aerobics etc. It's not used most of the time because I think they, at most, have only 2 classes. I'm wondering, if I bring my own tunes, if I can just go in there and dance around. I can't think why not. I'm not shy, and I don't care if anyone see's me, lol!! Freestyle with some tunes I love like salsa stuff. I was thinking of tunes by Gloria Stefan etc. Love dancing to her stuff. I grew up with 60s, 70s, 80s music mostly.

I heard you loud and clear about the protein. I know I can get enough once I am familiar with meal-making. But you understood about me being "new to this" so the powder is just to supplement until I can learn the real foods, lol Thanks, you inspire me with all your activities, as well as meals Denise
#7 Old 02-24-2016, 08:41 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

My son's girlfriend sends me dance workout videos because she knows I like them. I do all kinds of dancing I never tried before! Very fun stuff.

Edit: I do it at home in the living room.
denise1952 likes this.

Last edited by LedBoots; 02-24-2016 at 09:00 AM.
#8 Old 02-24-2016, 08:56 AM
Beginner

I would do those in a minute Led, but I live above and beside folks here in the apartment So I have to be quiet, although normal noise goes on, I know me dancing would shake the building, well, the floor anyway, LOL!

I just talked to one of the "group" that is getting me into the gym on their "ticket" so to speak. It's going to save me 13 dollars which I can use elsewhere. Living on a fixed income here, lol But I have enough, and even get some things I "want" just not have to buy only "needs" Anyway, I will be going to the gym this afternoon, and I'll check it out, whether or not I can go in and dance around the joint if I want to

I love dancing too, and have really missed it for the last, several years denise PS Don't stop, don't stop the dance!! Loved that song, kind of an oldie now

LedBoots likes this.
#9 Old 05-06-2016, 01:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi Denise! Just wondering how you are doing as I have not seen you post on VB for a while. I hope everything is going well for you!

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#10 Old 02-21-2017, 07:57 AM

Great work Denise, keep it up... I´m sending positive vibes your way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page