Originally Posted by just_a_grrrl
I wanted to know of a website that offers vegan/cruelty free products that is Canadian. I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I didn't think it was appropriate to go posting under every province. I'm looking to buy things like shoes, cosmetics and toiletries, anyone know a good site?
Crap. I just spent 20 minutes typing up a list with explanations but because i wasn't logged in, when i tried to submit i got an error message and lost everything
Ok, here goes, again:
1) There aren't many Canadian online stores that sell vegan stuff. There are even US stores that won't sell to Canadians since they can't check our credit cards for authenticity. But i've bought from many US online vegan stores (veganessentials, naturalnirvana, pangea, foodfightgrocery) and Canada Customs has yet to intercept a package and charge me taxes/duties. Maybe my luck's about to run out though...
2) Nature Clean/Welbond/Frank T. Ross products (http://www.franktross.com/
Toronto-based. Makers of Nature Clean household/personal products and the vegan Welbond glue. The Nature Clean products (laundry soap, dish soap, personal soap, shampoo/conditioner, all-purpose cleaners) are all vegan. But, they seem to only ship UPS and i've boycotted UPS due to their deliveries of animals to HLS test labs. Nature Clean products are available at my local Loblaws though (i live in Ottawa) and at some health food stores. All their products are fragrance-free though so don't expect to smell like roses after using them.
3) Lush cosmetics/bath products (http://ca.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb
I'm not sure if their Canadian site ships products from Canada or the US. But their products are vegan (no animal testing/ingredients). Their bath bombs are cool but i've always found them expensive.
4) The Body Shop (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/thebodyshop-ca/index.html
They seem to ship from Canada but i'm pretty sure some of their products contain animal ingredients so you'd have to look at the ingredients. They don't test on animals though.
5) The Organic Makeup Company (http://www.organicmakeup.ca/
I just found this site. They say their stuff is vegan. I've never bought anything from them yet.
6) Left Feet (http://www.leftfeet.ca/
Toronto-based. Their online store isn't open yet. I read on another veggieboards post that they'll have vegan footwear.
I may have forgotten some of the other stuff i had written in that original post that got erased. If i remember, i'll post again.