About This Forum - Please Read - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-11-2003, 06:28 AM
Administrator

These forums are not meant to take the place of the other forums on the board. They are intended for people who want to discuss issues that are relevant to their area. This can include:
  • Networking with other activists.
  • Promoting your group, protests, or activities.
  • Discussing legislation that affects your area.
  • Discussing local restaurants and business.
  • Planning ahead for trips (where is a good place to eat, etc.).
  • Meeting other VB'ers in your area.

Please only post in a thread if you live in the area or if your post is relevant to that area.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-06-2003, 11:35 AM

Hey All;

Just wanted to hear your feedback on the upcoming Olympics in

our city.

i have gotten ALOT of flack from friends and family because i'm not excited about the upcoming games. The main reason for my skepticism is that these games are BIG and i feel the piloticians in this city are small minded people who have no idea how to organize such a HUGE event. Oh yes, there's money to be made, by large corporations, but when all is said and done and the games come up short, guess who ends up paying off the debt....all of us tax payers that#s who.

the rich will get richer and the poor will remain poor.

Let's not forget the fast ferries fiasco

We also have to realize that most of us won't be able to attend any of the events due to the extremely high prices, even though we will end up paying for them anyway.

So, that's where i stand, i hope to be proven wrong, Calgary seemed to have ripened after their Olympics, who knows, What do you think?
#3 Old 07-06-2003, 11:40 AM

sorry i believe i've posted in th wrong place,

be kind, i'm new to all this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-06-2005, 06:19 AM

I wanted to know of a website that offers vegan/cruelty free products that is Canadian. I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I didn't think it was appropriate to go posting under every province. I'm looking to buy things like shoes, cosmetics and toiletries, anyone know a good site?
#5 Old 12-06-2005, 06:20 AM
Administrator

It would probably be best to post in the vegetarian & vegan forum, just put "Canada" in your thread title.

#6 Old 12-07-2005, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_a_grrrl View Post

I wanted to know of a website that offers vegan/cruelty free products that is Canadian. I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I didn't think it was appropriate to go posting under every province. I'm looking to buy things like shoes, cosmetics and toiletries, anyone know a good site?

Crap. I just spent 20 minutes typing up a list with explanations but because i wasn't logged in, when i tried to submit i got an error message and lost everything

Ok, here goes, again:

1) There aren't many Canadian online stores that sell vegan stuff. There are even US stores that won't sell to Canadians since they can't check our credit cards for authenticity. But i've bought from many US online vegan stores (veganessentials, naturalnirvana, pangea, foodfightgrocery) and Canada Customs has yet to intercept a package and charge me taxes/duties. Maybe my luck's about to run out though...

2) Nature Clean/Welbond/Frank T. Ross products (http://www.franktross.com/)

Toronto-based. Makers of Nature Clean household/personal products and the vegan Welbond glue. The Nature Clean products (laundry soap, dish soap, personal soap, shampoo/conditioner, all-purpose cleaners) are all vegan. But, they seem to only ship UPS and i've boycotted UPS due to their deliveries of animals to HLS test labs. Nature Clean products are available at my local Loblaws though (i live in Ottawa) and at some health food stores. All their products are fragrance-free though so don't expect to smell like roses after using them.

3) Lush cosmetics/bath products (http://ca.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb)

I'm not sure if their Canadian site ships products from Canada or the US. But their products are vegan (no animal testing/ingredients). Their bath bombs are cool but i've always found them expensive.

4) The Body Shop (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/thebodyshop-ca/index.html)

They seem to ship from Canada but i'm pretty sure some of their products contain animal ingredients so you'd have to look at the ingredients. They don't test on animals though.

5) The Organic Makeup Company (http://www.organicmakeup.ca/)

I just found this site. They say their stuff is vegan. I've never bought anything from them yet.

6) Left Feet (http://www.leftfeet.ca/)

Toronto-based. Their online store isn't open yet. I read on another veggieboards post that they'll have vegan footwear.

I may have forgotten some of the other stuff i had written in that original post that got erased. If i remember, i'll post again.

Julie
#7 Old 12-07-2005, 02:24 AM

Oh, and you might want to try Ebay. You can narrow your search to items located in Canada (but won't get many results), or items able to be shipped to Canada from elsewhere.
#8 Old 12-02-2007, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Welcome

to our little 100% Vegan shop!

VivaGranola is a small vegan family-owned business located in Quebec, Canada, offering you a selection of green, ethical/FairTrade

vegan products.

American and International Customers Welcome !

www.vivagranola.com
#9 Old 01-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Veggie Regular

It's nice to have a Canadian section, but it needs to have subsections for each province/territory similar to the United States set up instead of having a long thread for each province/territory.
#10 Old 01-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemdude View Post

It's nice to have a Canadian section, but it needs to have subsections for each province/territory similar to the United States set up instead of having a long thread for each province/territory.

personally, i don't think that the canadian province threads are really busy enough to merit each one of them becoming its own subforum. there have been a whole 15 posts made in 'ontario' in the last month, 1 in the last 6 months in 'quebec', and there has been more than a whole year during which no posts were made in 'newfoundland', for example.

so yeah- bascially answers to questions don't usually disapear into the distance rapidly enough to warrant it, and its not hard to keep up with discussions either. there is always the search function too, if you're worried that you've missed a reply to something that you've posted in a specific provinces thread, or if you're looking for region specific info and don't see it straight away.

#11 Old 01-16-2010, 02:27 AM
Beginner

Hi there,

I'm trying to start a new topic to ask about visiting Canada and how hard it is for veggies to eat out, but it appears I don't have permission to start a thread? Could someone look into this for me?

Thanks
#12 Old 01-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyHew View Post

Hi there,

I'm trying to start a new topic to ask about visiting Canada and how hard it is for veggies to eat out, but it appears I don't have permission to start a thread? Could someone look into this for me?

Thanks

I'm getting the same message, so it must be to do with the board rather than your account. I'll bring it to Michael's attention.

For now, if you create your thread in the vegetarian subforum I will move it here so people can reply.
#13 Old 01-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Administrator

The Canada forum is not set up for new threads. You would need to ask your question in the thread for the appropriate province.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in