Any other LGBTQ VB'ers? - Page 5 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#121 Old 08-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Female, bisexual
GhostUser is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#122 Old 08-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Dom
Beginner
 
Dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 161
Errrrr....





This is going to sound like a very odd question. Please PM me, if you're interested? I'm a writer and am beginning to write LGB (mostly gay male) fic for the erotic/romantic market, and I'm compiling a book, but being female and only theoretically bi (monogamously married to a guy)... Well... I'm not sure I'm convincing...
Dom is offline  
#123 Old 08-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Vancityveggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 237
Bisexual male vegan here, married to a bisexual female vegan.
Vancityveggie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#124 Old 08-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Sewwattsnew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 401
My friend just sent this to me and I thought a lot of you in this thread would appreciate it. It made me laugh, anyway.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocIhpOYXAMI
Sewwattsnew is offline  
#125 Old 08-23-2009, 05:05 AM
Veggie Regular
 
clarita osita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,862
^^ that was funny.
clarita osita is offline  
#126 Old 08-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Veggie Regular
 
khadijah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cairo Egypt
Posts: 1,057
very funny
khadijah is offline  
#127 Old 08-24-2009, 08:04 AM
Newbie
 
eizzI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 71
This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions. D:



What is it?
eizzI is offline  
#128 Old 08-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by eizzI View Post

This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions. D:



What is it?



Same! I want to know too.
Earthling is offline  
#129 Old 08-25-2009, 04:08 PM
Veggie Regular
 
SuicideBlonde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewwattsnew View Post

My friend just sent this to me and I thought a lot of you in this thread would appreciate it. It made me laugh, anyway.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocIhpOYXAMI



Wow! !

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
SuicideBlonde is offline  
#130 Old 08-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Newbie
 
MelanieS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 35
This video is funny.



As far as the whole stereotype thing... I think it's interesting. I never put being gay and veg*n together as stereotype. For some reason when I think of smart lesbian feminist veg*ns I think of girls from San Francisco lol. At least that's my stereotype of people from San Francisco. I'm a lesbian and fit in to the stereotype I guess, but none of my friends do. I have a lot of gay and lesbian friends, and honestly... most of them are completely ignorant and wouldn't ever give up meat. Sometimes I don't think they would even know that meat comes from animals. They are clueless as to what's going on in the world, complain when they don't know what they are even talking about... and maybe worst of all, they don't even vote.

... this is probably why my girlfriend and I are homebodies and excited to get the hell out of Vegas.



I wish I had more stereotypical lesbian friends if being veg*n fits into that stereotype!
MelanieS is offline  
#131 Old 08-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Beginner
 
bleusman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 115
I'm a gay male. I remember seeing a support group for LGBTQQI veg*ns at Providence Pride - that was in one of my last days as an omni. It's too bad, otherwise I would have spent more time around those people!
bleusman is offline  
#132 Old 08-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Veggie Regular
 
RedLotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 807
So my cousin's boyfriend decided to be "funny" the other day and make this joke:



"Hey - Want some tube steak? Ha ha! Get it? TUBE steak? It means penis. It's funny because you're a lesbian, AND you don't eat meat! HA HA HA!"







Um, yeah.... Hilarious. What a tool!
RedLotus is offline  
#133 Old 08-26-2009, 04:03 AM
Veggie Regular
 
clarita osita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorzelGummidge View Post

Same! I want to know too.



Quote:
Originally Posted by eizzI View Post

This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions. D:



What is it?



It's called "That's Gay: Marriage is Gay." (I think it's an episode of a show called "that's gay) It was about how gays are really selfish to want to get married because of the sanctity of heterosexual marriage and whatnot, but very obviously a sarcastic joke aimed at proving the exact opposite.
clarita osita is offline  
#134 Old 09-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Newbie
 
buickboi96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 43
Any gay veg*n's have omni other halves? What's that like for you? I do, and I can tell you it's pure misery! :-P
buickboi96 is offline  
#135 Old 09-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Newbie
 
flyerfier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 14
I have an omni-significant-other. He's pretty cool with it/easy going... as long as I don't talk about any reasoning behind a plant-based diet. He completely shuts anything out.



But, that's the only issue I have. I wish he weren't omni.. but this is what I ended up with! Usually things go great; I can often get him to try something unusual.
flyerfier is offline  
#136 Old 09-12-2009, 01:57 AM
Newbie
 
buickboi96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfier View Post

I have an omni-significant-other. He's pretty cool with it/easy going... as long as I don't talk about any reasoning behind a plant-based diet. He completely shuts anything out.



But, that's the only issue I have. I wish he weren't omni.. but this is what I ended up with! Usually things go great; I can often get him to try something unusual.



Yep! Same here! Only thing is, if I ask mine to try a veggie meat he only takes the littlest bite he can get away with!
buickboi96 is offline  
#137 Old 09-12-2009, 03:15 AM
Veggie Regular
 
NotYet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glittered Goods View Post

...Sometimes I want to vote republican just out of spite, and then i regain my senses....



That made me laugh so hard! Hilarious!



Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLotus View Post

So my cousin's boyfriend decided to be "funny" the other day and make this joke:



"Hey - Want some tube steak? Ha ha! Get it? TUBE steak? It means penis. It's funny because you're a lesbian, AND you don't eat meat! HA HA HA!"







Um, yeah.... Hilarious. What a tool!



I get that a LOT. Especially with sausage. Ick.



I'm, er, wel, um... I don't know. I was an 'out and proud' lesbian until I fell in love with a man. Then the bi label came into play. After we broke up in January and I started dating a woman again... I'm not sure. I identify most with lesbian. It doesn't bother me when both of my best friends and my g/f call me a lesbian. But I don't want to but myself in that box again just to come right back out and be in a relationship with a guy. (kinda like veg*ns who fall off the wagon repeatedly, ya know?) But I feel most natural with my wonderful lady. So, I just go with 'queer.' It's been working. Oh well. Love is love. What can you do?



I don't really mind the stereotype. I've gotten really used to it! Could be worse!



Becca

(I'm really happy there is another queer thread!)
NotYet is offline  
#138 Old 09-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Veggie Regular
 
danakscully64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 34,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewwattsnew View Post

My friend just sent this to me and I thought a lot of you in this thread would appreciate it. It made me laugh, anyway.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocIhpOYXAMI



That was HILARIOUS, thanks for sharing!
danakscully64 is offline  
#139 Old 09-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Veggie Regular
 
RedLotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 807
Quote:
I'm, er, wel, um... I don't know. I was an 'out and proud' lesbian until I fell in love with a man. Then the bi label came into play. After we broke up in January and I started dating a woman again... I'm not sure. I identify most with lesbian. It doesn't bother me when both of my best friends and my g/f call me a lesbian. But I don't want to but myself in that box again just to come right back out and be in a relationship with a guy. (kinda like veg*ns who fall off the wagon repeatedly, ya know?) But I feel most natural with my wonderful lady. So, I just go with 'queer.' It's been working. Oh well. Love is love. What can you do?



I'm a big fan of the "queer" label, myself. I'm of the opinion that sexuality is far more gray than black and white, and labels like "straight," "gay," and "bi" really don't cover the whole spectrum. Which isn't to say that some people don't fall neatly into one category (myself included - I identify as 100% lesbian) but there are a lot of people who just don't fit in traditional definitions of sexuality, and it's a shame that some of them end up feeling like they don't belong, or aren't somehow legitimate. Even the label "bi" has so many variations. It could mean someone who's 90% attracted to the opposite sex, but every once in a while likes to dabble with someone of the same sex. Or someone who feels genuinely equally attracted to both sexes. Or someone who is mostly attracted to the same sex, but doesn't discount the possibility of a relationship with the right person of the opposite sex. There are so many individual definitions. But people seem to like to put other people neatly into clearly labeled boxes, and they get uncomfortable if they can't.



Sexuality is a very varied, fluid thing and I like "queer" because it's ambiguous enough to encompass that. Plus it has the added punch of being a "reclaimed" word!
RedLotus is offline  
#140 Old 09-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLotus View Post

I'm a big fan of the "queer" label, myself. I'm of the opinion that sexuality is far more gray than black and white, and labels like "straight," "gay," and "bi" really don't cover the whole spectrum. Which isn't to say that some people don't fall neatly into one category (myself included - I identify as 100% lesbian) but there are a lot of people who just don't fit in traditional definitions of sexuality, and it's a shame that some of them end up feeling like they don't belong, or aren't somehow legitimate. Even the label "bi" has so many variations. It could mean someone who's 90% attracted to the opposite sex, but every once in a while likes to dabble with someone of the same sex. Or someone who feels genuinely equally attracted to both sexes. Or someone who is mostly attracted to the same sex, but doesn't discount the possibility of a relationship with the right person of the opposite sex. There are so many individual definitions. But people seem to like to put other people neatly into clearly labeled boxes, and they get uncomfortable if they can't.



Sexuality is a very varied, fluid thing and I like "queer" because it's ambiguous enough to encompass that. Plus it has the added punch of being a "reclaimed" word!



This is very well said. I can't remember where, but I read that 90% of tested people are between 1 - 5 on the Kinsey scale - so hardly any of us are truly gay or straight.



I identify as lesbian but I'm not closed to the idea of dating a man - I just think it's very unlikely I will ever like a man in that way. So whilst lesbian might not be 100% accurate, I think it's a much fairer representation of my sexuality than 'bisexual' or any other established term.
Earthling is offline  
#141 Old 09-13-2009, 02:34 AM
Veggie Regular
 
NotYet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLotus View Post

I'm a big fan of the "queer" label, myself. I'm of the opinion that sexuality is far more gray than black and white, and labels like "straight," "gay," and "bi" really don't cover the whole spectrum. Which isn't to say that some people don't fall neatly into one category (myself included - I identify as 100% lesbian) but there are a lot of people who just don't fit in traditional definitions of sexuality, and it's a shame that some of them end up feeling like they don't belong, or aren't somehow legitimate. Even the label "bi" has so many variations. It could mean someone who's 90% attracted to the opposite sex, but every once in a while likes to dabble with someone of the same sex. Or someone who feels genuinely equally attracted to both sexes. Or someone who is mostly attracted to the same sex, but doesn't discount the possibility of a relationship with the right person of the opposite sex. There are so many individual definitions. But people seem to like to put other people neatly into clearly labeled boxes, and they get uncomfortable if they can't.



Sexuality is a very varied, fluid thing and I like "queer" because it's ambiguous enough to encompass that. Plus it has the added punch of being a "reclaimed" word!



QFT!



Quote:
Originally Posted by WorzelGummidge View Post

This is very well said. I can't remember where, but I read that 90% of tested people are between 1 - 5 on the Kinsey scale - so hardly any of us are truly gay or straight.



I identify as lesbian but I'm not closed to the idea of dating a man - I just think it's very unlikely I will ever like a man in that way. So whilst lesbian might not be 100% accurate, I think it's a much fairer representation of my sexuality than 'bisexual' or any other established term.



Yeah. The idea of being in another physical relationship with a guy just doesn't do it for me at the moment. (Emotional would be fine but... No. Did that for three years, no thnk you.) I suppose that could change (again) but I seriously doubt it.



Becca
NotYet is offline  
#142 Old 09-13-2009, 04:35 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Miso Jace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLotus View Post

I'm a big fan of the "queer" label, myself. I'm of the opinion that sexuality is far more gray than black and white, and labels like "straight," "gay," and "bi" really don't cover the whole spectrum. Which isn't to say that some people don't fall neatly into one category (myself included - I identify as 100% lesbian) but there are a lot of people who just don't fit in traditional definitions of sexuality, and it's a shame that some of them end up feeling like they don't belong, or aren't somehow legitimate. Even the label "bi" has so many variations. It could mean someone who's 90% attracted to the opposite sex, but every once in a while likes to dabble with someone of the same sex. Or someone who feels genuinely equally attracted to both sexes. Or someone who is mostly attracted to the same sex, but doesn't discount the possibility of a relationship with the right person of the opposite sex. There are so many individual definitions. But people seem to like to put other people neatly into clearly labeled boxes, and they get uncomfortable if they can't.



Sexuality is a very varied, fluid thing and I like "queer" because it's ambiguous enough to encompass that. Plus it has the added punch of being a "reclaimed" word!



i like that too!



i also like the efforts of dossie easton and janet hardy to reclaim the word 'slut' with regards to polyamory in 'the ethical slut'.
Miso Jace is offline  
#143 Old 09-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Newbie
 
DanaeTheLoving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4
I just like people and love and sex. I'm down for loving and sexing men, women, transgender people, those in between. You know, whatever. As long as they're vegan and of age, all systems go.
DanaeTheLoving is offline  
#144 Old 09-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Newbie
 
kirstieder0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 44
Whenever people ask (and they do ask - often) I just describe myself as 'open,' as in I'm open to dating anyone I am attracted to and who I share a similar belief system and interests.
kirstieder0 is offline  
#145 Old 09-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Veggie Regular
 
SuicideBlonde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstieder0 View Post

Whenever people ask (and they do ask - often) I just describe myself as 'open,' as in I'm open to dating anyone I am attracted to and who I share a similar belief system and interests.



I like this answer!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
SuicideBlonde is offline  
#146 Old 09-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Beginner
 
Zealousy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 101
Bisexual male here. Not quite out of the closet but I'm urging to open that door.
Zealousy is offline  
#147 Old 09-20-2009, 11:45 PM
Veggie Regular
 
RedLotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 807
Quote:
Bisexual male here. Not quite out of the closet but I'm urging to open that door.



It's easier said than done. There's nothing wrong with doing it at your own pace, however gradually that may be. I spent YEARS in the closet (and in denial!). For me it was a matter of waiting until the stress and loneliness of being in the closet outweighed the fear of being out. The first time I told anyone who wasn't gay themselves, I was shaking and sweating and thought I might puke or pass out. I spent all evening working up the nerve to say something, and several times I opened my mouth to speak and literally physically could NOT make sound come out!



Well, me and my two straight friends (both girls) had gone out dancing at a club. I kept getting hit on by guys, and my friends (who WANTED to get hit on by guys!) kept having men assume they were a couple. So later I just ended up blurting out "Hey, it's pretty funny that everyone assumed you were gay and I was straight, 'cause, uh - I'm not! Straight, I mean. I'm gay!"



Both my friends were like "Yeah, we know. We were kind of wondering when you'd say something. So, see any cute girls at the club?"



It got a little easier every time after that!
RedLotus is offline  
#148 Old 09-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Veggie Regular
 
NotYet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstieder0 View Post

Whenever people ask (and they do ask - often) I just describe myself as 'open,' as in I'm open to dating anyone I am attracted to and who I share a similar belief system and interests.



I like that a lot. That's kind of how I feel. Except not. lol But really, I like that a lot.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealousy View Post

Bisexual male here. Not quite out of the closet but I'm urging to open that door.



Use your instincts and go at your own pace. But it gets easier the more you do it. Usually. You're going to get all kinds of crazy responses, awesomely good and awesomely disappointing. But it's liberating not to have to worry about the way you speak, walk, act conveying 'your secret.'



Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLotus View Post

Well, me and my two straight friends (both girls) had gone out dancing at a club. I kept getting hit on by guys, and my friends (who WANTED to get hit on by guys!) kept having men assume they were a couple. So later I just ended up blurting out "Hey, it's pretty funny that everyone assumed you were gay and I was straight, 'cause, uh - I'm not! Straight, I mean. I'm gay!"



Both my friends were like "Yeah, we know. We were kind of wondering when you'd say something. So, see any cute girls at the club?"



It got a little easier every time after that!



LMAO! That's great! I 'came out' the first time on accident. I was grocery shopping when I was 16 and talking to my then best friend on the phone. I was complaining about something my mom had done/said and said something to the effect of 'if she's that upset about that imagine when she finds out I'm not as straight as she thinks I am!' (When will I learn there are certain things I CAN NOT multi-task!?) Oops. lol But it got easier after that. Mostly! I still live in 'Bama!



But it's been really funny because I would 'come out' to someone and they'd be like "Well, what did you have to tell me? I know you're gay, I just wondered when YOU would figure it out!"



Becca
NotYet is offline  
#149 Old 09-21-2009, 04:43 PM
American Made, Rebel Born
 
Kenickie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: House of Gaunt
Posts: 6,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miso Jace View Post

i like that too!



i also like the efforts of dossie easton and janet hardy to reclaim the word 'slut' with regards to polyamory in 'the ethical slut'.



The Ethical Slut was one of the best feminist books I've read.







I had relationships going on like ones mentioned in The Ethical Slut. I was married, we both had outside single relationships, and had a shared relationship with another woman. It was very complicated, to say the least. But, good in it's own way.



I use the word Queer, or Pansexual. I like Queer best though, because it has a sexy song to go with it.



I've had equally long term relationships with both men and women, and a relationship with someone transitioning FtM.



It just happens to be whoever I'm loving at the moment.

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
Kenickie is offline  
#150 Old 09-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Veggie Regular
 
RedLotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 807
Quote:
LMAO! That's great! I 'came out' the first time on accident. I was grocery shopping when I was 16 and talking to my then best friend on the phone. I was complaining about something my mom had done/said and said something to the effect of 'if she's that upset about that imagine when she finds out I'm not as straight as she thinks I am!' (When will I learn there are certain things I CAN NOT multi-task!?) Oops. lol But it got easier after that. Mostly! I still live in 'Bama!



I'm still not out to most of my family (for a complicated variety of reasons I won't go into here...) but I've gotten so used to being out with all my friends that I keep almost outing myself by mistake! I was at my aunt's house recently and my cousin's BF was watching "Police Women of Boward County." I was opening my mouth to say "Women in uniform are HOT! That police woman can frisk me any time!" when I realized what I was about to say and shut my mouth! I've just gotten used to not having to censor myself.



I tell my friends that I'm going to get a ton of tattoos, then out myself to my family at the same time they see the new tats. That way they can only freak out once and I can kill two birds with one stone!
RedLotus is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off