Any other LGBTQ VB'ers? - Page 36 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1051 Old 04-09-2014, 10:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurak View Post

If I'm happy in what I do and I'm not affecting society. Then what does society's views matter. One thing I have learnt is much goes on behind closed doors. Personally I see polyamory as better than adultery, but that's my philosophy.

Yurak

Oh I 100% agree with you! It's just that a lot of people don't, unfortunately. It's just like with abortion rights - a person having an abortion has nothing to do with anybody else, but people MAKE it their business. And with marijuana - same thing. Gay marriage - same. People love to make none-of-their-business into their-most-important-business. It sucks.

As for polyamory being better than adultery, never thought about that, but that's a good point (assuming all the people involved are on the same page about it!).

Anyway, I say screw society's shackles and just do you!
yurak likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1052 Old 04-17-2014, 09:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I personally dont know what I am, I had one fling with a girl once, because I was curious. Anyway sometimes I find my self looing at  women.

I have a lot of gay and lesbian friend tho. Love em and would not want anything different. 

#1053 Old 04-25-2014, 05:29 AM
Veggie Regular

I would like to point out that for many polyamorous people, they're not seeing polyamory as a lesser-of-two-evils compared to adultery. There are soooo many ways to be polyamorous and to structure your relationships and/or sexual partners. To some who insist on a very specific definition of monogamy for all couples, they're just as horrified by couples that might be open to a third sexual partner on a limited basis who was into both of them as they are by people who do whomever whenever they want within the bounds of protected sex and consent. But it's really not the same thing at all. And, IMO, neither are inherently wrong, but they can become just as messed up as any dysfunctional traditional marriage.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1054 Old 04-25-2014, 11:18 AM
Veg & two wheels

@Skylark
You're very right for pointing out it's not a fix for wanting to sleep around or experiment with threesomes.

Ultimately each polyrelationship has its own set of 'rules' (what is/isn't okay to do with others). Polyamory as a whole can get very messy.
#1055 Old 04-25-2014, 09:35 PM
Veggie Regular

And likewise, so can monogamy, especially when people are involved. ;-)

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#1056 Old 03-31-2015, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark View Post
i would like to point out that for many polyamorous people, they're not seeing polyamory as a lesser-of-two-evils compared to adultery. There are soooo many ways to be polyamorous and to structure your relationships and/or sexual partners. To some who insist on a very specific definition of monogamy for all couples, they're just as horrified by couples that might be open to a third sexual partner on a limited basis who was into both of them as they are by people who do whomever whenever they want within the bounds of protected sex and consent. But it's really not the same thing at all. And, imo, neither are inherently wrong, but they can become just as messed up as any dysfunctional traditional marriage.
^^^thank you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page