Veggie Regular

deleted

Sorry that was whiny wall.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1022 Old 06-21-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

Well, I'm more comfortable telling a group of random people at a christian youth convention (where I was last weekend) that I was pansexual, than my oldest friends.

I feel like I need to change this soon, especially since one of them is moving 6 hours away in a little over a month. 

You know the other day, after wondering if I had fallen into perceived heterosexuality for dating a cis-male, I turned to a new-ish friend of mine and asked, "What am I to you? Your gay friend or your straight friend?" He really surprised me and said, "Oh well neither, you're my pansexual friend."

I was totally floored that he recognized pansexuality as being it's own thing, and being totally cool with it. Moral of the story, the people that care about you can really surprise you!

[pan high five]

veganese

#1023 Old 06-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crouton View Post

Yeah, I'm gay. It seems like a large percentage of gay people are vegetarian as well. I wonder why that is. 

I wish I could meet a veg*n lass who likes lasses in London.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1024 Old 12-04-2012, 10:09 AM

Am bisexual  and Gender queer  ( i want to change my user name but cant become a contributing  member as it dont work at the moment )

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
"To my mind, the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."
Mahatma Gandhi,
#1025 Old 12-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm heterosexual but biromantic.  Meaning I could have a romantic relationship with both sexes but only sex with one.  Does that make me an LGBTQer?  I feel the LGBTQ community generally ignores asexuals and, while I am not asexual (of course) I find their terminology useful in describing my own romantic and sexual orientations.

"It is far better to be happy than to have your bodies act as graveyards for animals. Accordingly, the apostle Matthew partook of seeds, nuts and vegetables, without flesh"- Clement of Alexandria
#1026 Old 12-10-2012, 06:36 PM

I often say I'm bisexual because thats the best approximation that most people are able to comprehend. However, I don't like that term because it reinforces the gender binary system which I tend to oppose.

Experience tells me that I'm physically most attracted to those who consider themselves women, but there were a few of those who consider themselves men also (actually, I'm in a 3+yr happy relationship with a guy :)).

What I absolutely love to see is some 'gender bending' (crossdressing and the like). cool3.gif

#1027 Old 01-13-2013, 09:55 AM

I'm not into labels but if I had to pick one I'd go with pansexual. If someone asks me I tend to say bi however as most poeple know what that word means. Not too long out of a serious, year long relationship and completely confused as whether I'm happy to be single or not.

#1028 Old 01-13-2013, 11:51 AM

I want to say bisexual or pansexual, even though I have never had a relationship with a woman, I find women and men attractive. When I see an attractive couple, I am staring at the man and the woman! It is a question I have been pondering for a while. I also agree with Kinseys studies. I was raised in a Christian household and was raised to believe it was wrong, so I think I suppressed it for a long time and now that I am in my 30's, it is really eating at me to come out of the closet. For the first time in my life I am actually considering dating a woman.

Add me to the list of proud LGBTQ  Feminist Vegatarians! thumbsup.gif

#1029 Old 01-13-2013, 12:33 PM

Vegan Transexual MtF Lesbian here. smiley.gif

I'm having my surgery (sex reassisnment surgery) Wednesday shocked.gif I hope they know how to cook vegan food at the recovery house. I'm more worried about the food than the surgery! dizzy2.gif They are better to not serve me Jell-o!

Shadewood likes this.
#1030 Old 01-13-2013, 02:02 PM

Good luck with the surgery smiley.gif

I hope everything goes well, including the food grin.gif

#1031 Old 01-14-2013, 08:33 AM

Afternoon all, I see there are lots of LGBTQs on here. Allisona64 I hope the surgery goes well and you have lots of caring people around you offering you support on your recovery. I hope they are respectful of your food choices too!

#1032 Old 01-17-2013, 02:54 AM

It really hurt but everything went fine. :) They even had Ives veggie cuisine sausages :)

#1033 Old 01-17-2013, 04:05 AM

Very glad to hear it! Glad they're looking after you. Take it easy and hope you have an easy recovery with lots of tasty food x

#1034 Old 01-17-2013, 04:07 AM

Very glad to hear it! Glad they're looking after you. Take it easy and hope you have an easy recovery with lots of tasty food x

#1035 Old 03-01-2013, 05:05 AM

LGBT here.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" - Star Wars
#1036 Old 03-07-2013, 12:50 AM

Welcome ShadowTears! X
#1037 Old 03-16-2013, 09:39 AM
Veggie Regular

I believe I am a (mostly) homo-romantic asexual. I say "mostly" because I can find men aesthetically attractive sometimes, but I can't imagine ever being romantically involved with a man. I don't recall ever being romantically attracted to a man like I have with women... although romantic attraction to women has been few and far between too (my last relationship was a decade ago). I'm mostly happy being on my own, minus a limited periods of loneliness. I've never been sexually attracted to anyone. 

So my closest approximation would be either homo-asexual, or possibly aromantic-asexual? Labels are tricky things! tongue3.gif

"Through the centuries, we have projected onto the wolf the qualities we most despise and fear in ourselves." ~ Barry Lopez.
#1038 Old 03-16-2013, 06:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Traditional hetero here but my good wishes and hopes for happiness to all on the forum whatever their orientation. thumbsup.gif

#1039 Old 03-19-2013, 06:30 PM
Poo Pie Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisona64 View Post

It really hurt but everything went fine. smiley.gif They even had Ives veggie cuisine sausages smiley.gif
Awesome! Where did you get it done? When I had my srs done in Montreal (April 2012), they had me fill out a form before I went regarding allergies and if I was a vegetarian or not. When I got there, they had no real veg option! Grr! The next day they went out and got a bunch of stuff for me, and made sure to have veg options at every meal. I guess I was the first veg they had gotten? Congrats, and I hope you heal up well soon!
#1040 Old 05-27-2013, 11:05 PM

I had it in Montréal. I live in Quebec city so it was free. :)

#1041 Old 06-01-2013, 12:33 AM

Hetero here, but I felt like sharing that a band mate of mine is transgendered, and is getting some surgery done soon! Since the transistion, MtF, she's become a lot happier. You can definitely tell that coming out with all that was a lot of weight lifted off her shoulders!

Anyways, thought i'd give my two cents. tongue3.gif
ShadowKat likes this.
#1042 Old 06-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Beginner

Not sure if I've posted here before!! :3 I'm Annie, pansexual, not sure what I am gender wise, pretty confusing there. I'm either bigendered or FtM (or maybe this is a temporary thing and I'm cis after all?).

#1043 Old 06-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Poo Pie Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabbit View Post

Not sure if I've posted here before!! :3 I'm Annie, pansexual, not sure what I am gender wise, pretty confusing there. I'm either bigendered or FtM (or maybe this is a temporary thing and I'm cis after all?).

Don't discount the possibly of being gender queer! Unlike bigendered, which follows the idea of a gender binary, gender queer is all encompassing. I have. A few friends who are gender queer, and they dress and act how they feel without the need for a gender label. (although one of them has chosen a "hard" gender label to be used as default, but that label is a preference that he likes and has no apparent bearing on how he presents himself day-to-day). Just throwing that idea out there, as there is no need to "choose one". Whatever you do, make just do it because it will make you happy! smiley.gif
#1044 Old 07-25-2013, 03:22 PM

Gay, vegan male here. It's wonderful to see so many LGBT people on VB, and I didn't expect to see 35 pages, either. I've only read a little, but I have noticed a much larger gay/bi/pan population on the girl's side, so far. How intriguing! :) 

Anyway, that's all from me, for now. wink3.gif

#1045 Old 03-29-2014, 02:28 AM
Veg & two wheels

I see myself as sexually fluid. I tend to see myself as a 'man'. I have cross dressed on a few occasions and do enjoy skirts, just not unseemly bulges :blush: I have slept with both genders. I have more draw to women, but can see the beauty in men and ultimately want a polyamorous relationship. I don't know if I'd always sleep with a man but I know I can love a man smiley.gif

Now it's time to fight my way out of society's shackles
#1046 Old 03-29-2014, 03:55 AM

Lesbian. :P

And a very new vegetarian. 

#1047 Old 04-04-2014, 07:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi All,

I am new to the board, just posted in the new members section.  I also wanted to post here as I am a lesbian!  Someday am hoping to find a good lady to appreciate my Vegan cupcakes - and cookies, and brownies, and everything else that comes out of my kitchen.

-RS

#1048 Old 04-04-2014, 11:40 AM
Veg & two wheels

Welcome to the boards @Rocket. I hope you can find the woman o your dreams smiley.gif
#1049 Old 04-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Yurak - I can't say you're likely to see mainstream societal acceptance in our lifetime, but I'm sure you'll find your person/people!

Also, welcome Opolito and Rocket!
Opolitlo likes this.
#1050 Old 04-08-2014, 10:52 PM
Veg & two wheels

If I'm happy in what I do and I'm not affecting society. Then what does society's views matter. One thing I have learnt is much goes on behind closed doors. Personally I see polyamory as better than adultery, but that's my philosophy.

Yurak

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page