Any other LGBTQ VB'ers? - Page 32 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#931 Old 04-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Banned

What are there like 27 bones in the hand? And each bone, except the last bone at the tip of the finger, is connected to at least 2 other bones, with ligaments, tendons, and muscles. No sure how many muscles. To make a hand smaller, and still retain its normal proportions, you'd maybe have to cut every single bone into 2 pieces, take a piece out the the middle, and then reattach the 2 halves with metal fasteners. Then you'd have to cut every single muscle into 2 pieces, remove a piece from the middle, and reatttach the 2 pieces. And even then, the bones would be too wide for their length. There is really no way to make them narrower. And it would take months or years before you could use it again, if you could ever use it again without pain.

Yes, there are several ways that have been used to make a hand smaller, but no way that retains its proportions. You could just cut off a piece of bone and muscle out of the last bone of every finger. But it would be a rather funny-looking hand. It would have a big palm and short fingers. You could cut out one finger, along with the bone in the palm that it attached to. This has been done to save severely damaged hands. You could still use the hand, but there would be some loss of dexterity.

You can however bind a child hands in order to prevent its hands from reaching normal size as an adult.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#932 Old 04-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Banned

I think the muscles might adjust by themselves once you shortened the bones, but it would probably take years, and the hand would probably never be as dexterous as it was.
#933 Old 04-29-2012, 06:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I want to have larger hands.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#934 Old 05-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Veggie Regular

-not related to previous discussion-
Why is it that when men wear womens clothes it's called crossdressing, but women wearing mens clothes is more accepted as normal?
#935 Old 05-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekka View Post

Why is it that when men wear womens clothes it's called crossdressing, but women wearing mens clothes is more accepted as normal?

Because many straight guys are wimps who are afraid of anything that they think is different.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

#936 Old 05-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Because to many, it's shameful to be a woman or present one's self femininely. Masculinity is the default setting, so a woman embracing her masculinity might be a little odd but not "degrading" herself. A man gives up much of his power when he explores his femininity publicly.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#937 Old 05-02-2012, 09:56 PM

I'm a honeybadgersexual Vegan. Which means I don't give a s*** about what gender I'm with. I hate labels so I made up my own name for my sexuality, but if you have to label it, I'm bisexual. Straight people don't know what they're missing, the poor things.

There are drawbacks of course. My church will not ressurect your dead hamster.
I am not Jesus Christ, but I can turn water into Koolaid.My church is like Jimmy Jones and totally cult and EVERYONE drinks the Koolaid and EVERYBODY dies, but for some people it doesn't kick in until they're 105 and...
#938 Old 05-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Beginner

Quote:

It depends. The way you say it could mean women wear pants and perhaps jackets. That is different from men wearing a dress. It took years before women were accepted wearing pants. I don't see men being accepted wearing tradtional womens clothing...ever. Body types make it easier for women, men look goofy in dresses etc. It's just what people are used to seeing and it won't change anytime soon.

If you want to come to my house dressed in feminine attire it would be cool with me. I'd even go out with you, shopping or to a fun place, no problem. Just be veg.
#939 Old 05-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadisTheVeganZombie View Post

I'm a honeybadgersexual Vegan. Which means I don't give a s*** about what gender I'm with. I hate labels so I made up my own name for my sexuality, but if you have to label it, I'm bisexual. Straight people don't know what they're missing, the poor things.

YES. I agree with all of that!

DON'T BRING MY MOTHER INTO THIS!
#940 Old 05-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

Because many straight guys are wimps who are afraid of anything that they think is different.

Good answer
#941 Old 05-03-2012, 04:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post

Because to many, it's shameful to be a woman or present one's self femininely. Masculinity is the default setting, so a woman embracing her masculinity might be a little odd but not "degrading" herself. A man gives up much of his power when he explores his femininity publicly.

Beat me to it. Its quite ridiculous, this assumption that to be feminine is degrading and weak. It's all over our culture, though, and probably a lot of cultures. Have you ever heard someone say they cried like a little girl? Yeah. But I bet you've never heard them say they've cried like a little boy. Because boys are strong and girls are weak, of course.
#942 Old 05-03-2012, 04:57 AM
Veggie Regular

How often do you see boys get scared of insects?

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#943 Old 05-03-2012, 06:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Har dee har har.

#944 Old 05-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

A lot, actually.

Except instead of running away, they refuse to show their fear, and kill the insect.

Which to me is a more detrimental behavior than running away, and worthy of more shame.

#945 Old 05-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#946 Old 05-20-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:

I have a co-worker who is terrified of spiders. And a mate I had for several years ago, couldn't go on walks in the forrest because of snails. :P
#947 Old 05-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkel View Post

I have a co-worker who is terrified of spiders. And a mate I had for several years ago, couldn't go on walks in the forrest because of snails. :P

I get worried about walking in places with snails, but only because I'm worried about stepping on them.

#948 Old 05-20-2012, 05:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Snails are very cute.

#949 Old 05-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Chris Colfer is cuter.

Odd response, I know, but I had to get the thread back on topic somehow...

#950 Old 05-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Banned

That kiss was Jane's idea. Why? Because even lesbians want to kiss gay guys when they're that hot.
#951 Old 05-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Veggie Regular

is that the "fag hag" phenomena?

#952 Old 05-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Veggie Regular

No. That's when a straight woman indulges herself in crushes on her gay friends and hangs out with an almost exclusively gay male crowd.

#953 Old 05-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Veggie Regular

How strange.

It almost implies that hetero/bi men cannot have platonic friendships on a certain level.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Yeah, I know

#954 Old 05-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Huh?

#955 Old 05-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh wait, it was backwards, I thought you said that was the thing occurring in the picture.

Although the concept of "fag hag" is pretty backwards itself.

#956 Old 05-21-2012, 02:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

I mean obviously I think it's great that he now approves of same-sex marriage but if there were churches who were racist would people be trying so hard to please them? I think people should have the right to religious beliefs but not if they are hurting other people if you see what I mean.
#957 Old 05-21-2012, 06:17 AM
Banned

Quote:

I mean obviously I think it's great that he now approves of same-sex marriage but if there were churches who were racist would people be trying so hard to please them? I think people should have the right to religious beliefs but not if they are hurting other people if you see what I mean.

How is a church whose clerics refuse to marry people of the same sex, hurting anyone? You have a choice of which church you belong to. You can get married without a church. Personally, I think government should stay out of marriage, period. They should not ask you if you are married, they should not treat you differently depending on whether you are married or not, they should not issue marriage licenses. Marriage is a religious entity, not a civil entity. Government should be separated from religion, and not be marrying people and should be neither recognizing nor not recognizing, marriages performed by a religious entity.

If you want to be "married" to someone of the same sex, go to a cleric who performs such marriages. There is no shortage of such clerics. Your marital status is an aspect of your religion; it should not be of any interest to the state.
#958 Old 05-21-2012, 06:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Well it would hurt peoples' feelings for one thing, as well as going against what churches teach about not judging others, leading to intolerance which leads to bullying etc. If people don't get equal rights such problems aren't going to go away. Look at it this way-if a church refused to marry an interracial couple, I doubt people would accept that so easily in the 21st century.
Marriage *is* civil, though. As far as I am aware most religions ban or at least strongly dislike divorce, so if marriage was simply religious, we would not have legal divorce. Also many people who are not religious wish to get married, so it is clearly not just for religious people.

...and why the speech marks around the word married?
#959 Old 05-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by soilman View Post

How is a church whose clerics refuse to marry people of the same sex, hurting anyone?

cuz its telling same sex couples that they are less worthy than everyone else & devaluing their relationships.

Quote:

Although the concept of "fag hag" is pretty backwards itself.

why is the idea of a woman who prefers to spend her time with gay or bi men such a backwards concept to you ??

auto correct can kiss my ask
#960 Old 05-21-2012, 07:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthahook View Post

why is the idea of a woman who prefers to spend her time with gay or bi men such a backwards concept to you ??

What would separate a bi man from a hetero man?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page