Room mate issues (longish) - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 05-03-2009, 08:04 PM

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 05-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Good luck, and I'll be thinking of you too.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#33 Old 05-07-2009, 03:39 AM
Banned

think it would be best if you encouraged her to leave. Someone with the mental health issues that your friend has really requires some level of professional input to get her to a place where she is going to be a functioning roommate and friend. It's going to be exhausting for you to live with her in the long run. Especially if she relapses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 05-07-2009, 10:19 AM

I have been thinking about your situation for quite some time as I have had some similar experiences, but in different circumstances.

First of all, I am sorry that you are experiencing all of this. It can be quite exhausting and just plain ****ty. My heart goes out to you.

Secondly, I think your choice of going to Alanon meetings was a really positive one and can help to sort out some of the gray that addiction presents and also a source of strength and support.

Thirdly, if you buy into the disease model of addition then a simple yet complicated question might provide some guidance. The question is, are you supporting her or supporting her disease? Answering this may help you sort some things out as to what to do and how to handle this. Your actions that come from your answer should always come from a place of love and compassion.

Lastly, (I feel like I am writing a bad term paper with firstly, secondly . . .) you are important and worth it so your feelings/thoughts/needs/wants matter.

Hang in there and know that you are not alone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page