to women, what constitutes a "Good Kiss"... - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 03-10-2009, 08:30 PM
Veggie Regular

There's really not much of a view! Kissing feels a lot better than it looks from up close and personal!

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 03-10-2009, 08:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

"I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days. "

~Crash Davis

Poppy, you are my hero!

(Bull Durham is one of my favorite movies....)

And yeah, kisses like that are good...
#33 Old 03-10-2009, 10:42 PM

If you really dont know how she likes it and you cant figure out how to follow her lead ask to play mirror with her... I did that with my boyfriend because he was well... not the best kisser in the world... So yeah.. i was just like.. lets play mirror.. and he just had to do whatever i did... it got pretty intense but it works... and he learned exactly what i liked and how he should do it.. ever since its been amazing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 03-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I think there should be a lot of feeling behind a kiss. Soft, passionate, sensual, respectful kiss.
#35 Old 03-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrilynhawk View Post

Mine too, it weirded me out a little. At one point he asked me why I didn't open mine too, so I tried it and it was just...I don't know I just couldn't do it.

I used to always keep my eyes closed, but with my guy i like to open them every once in a while and take a quick peek into his eyes. It makes it feel more intense plus his eyes are just gorgeous. I love looking at them. But I don't stare at him when we're making out. That would be a bit creepy

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#36 Old 03-11-2009, 03:02 AM
Veggie Regular

alrighty... lot of good info on here.

So it should be passionate, gentle, not overusing tongue but at the same time using it... and if i think it's going wrong.. then do the mirror thing....

damn, I wish my ex was around.. i could start practicing PROPERLY..hahaha
#37 Old 03-11-2009, 04:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Errh, why do I have the feeling that the womans opinions are about the only things that are taken into consideration here when kissing?

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#38 Old 03-11-2009, 06:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

Errh, why do I have the feeling that the womans opinions are about the only things that are taken into consideration here when kissing?

It might have something to do with the title of this thread which specifically wants women's opinions on this.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#39 Old 03-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieShane View Post

I remember one of my Exes would say i was a bad kisser but I always overlooked it and never payed attention to what she's say.

Why?

m8itcanw8.com
#40 Old 03-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Veggie Regular

My ex always kissed with her eyes open. At first I was a little uncomfortable, but then it became the norm for both of us. It wasn't a staring thing, it was just a very intimate thing. I wouldn't kiss anyone with my eyes open now unless I was completely comfortable with them, of course. There are pros and cons to both. I do enjoy kissing with my eyes closed too, because my other senses (like touch) would be heightened and it's nice to just float off into your own little world with the one you're locking lips with.

My now squeeze doesn't kiss with his eyes open, and I'm waiting for him to catch me with my eyes open sometime, haha.
#41 Old 03-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Veggie Regular

slobber or bad breath = huge turnoff

you could be the best kisser in the world but if you have booze breath forget it

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#42 Old 03-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

It might have something to do with the title of this thread which specifically wants women's opinions on this.

Meant their comments, like "follow the woman", "do as the woman want", "follow the woman for the rest of your life, while wearing a set of bunny ears and singing opera".

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#43 Old 03-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Meant their comments, like "follow the woman", "do as the woman want", "follow the woman for the rest of your life, while wearing a set of bunny ears and singing opera".

#44 Old 03-11-2009, 01:10 PM
tk*

A good kiss needs the following preresquites to even BEGIN to be a "good kiss"

1. Good breath

2. Chemistry (there's nothing worse than getting kissed by someone you're not attracted to--big turn off)

3. Timing (don't suddenly french kiss a girl in front of her parents, please)

Once you got those things covered the rest is up to you and your girl. Don't be afraid to experiment. A good kiss for me is one that is unexpected! I love being kissed unexpectedly--spontaneity is the catalyst to passion!

I wouldn't worry so much on technique. Kissing is a learned skill that only you and your partner can hone together. It's a matter of pleasing your partner. Find out what she likes and you'll be always be a "good kisser"
#45 Old 03-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk* View Post

A good kiss needs the following preresquites to even BEGIN to be a "good kiss"

1. Good breath

2. Chemistry (there's nothing worse than getting kissed by someone you're not attracted to--big turn off)

3. Timing (don't suddenly french kiss a girl in front of her parents, please)

Once you got those things covered the rest is up to you and your girl. Don't be afraid to experiment. A good kiss for me is one that is unexpected! I love being kissed unexpectedly--spontaneity is the catalyst to passion!

I wouldn't worry so much on technique. Kissing is a learned skill that only you and your partner can hone together. It's a matter of pleasing your partner. Find out what she likes and you'll be always be a "good kisser"

Whew, this is a lot to keep in mind! So much so that you can kiss spontaneity goodbye. No pressure, OP!
#46 Old 03-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax13 View Post

Whew, this is a lot to keep in mind! So much so that you can kiss spontaneity goodbye. No pressure, OP!

Haha, especially when all you are trying to do is make out with a stranger you've just met in a club.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#47 Old 03-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyElse View Post

Haha, especially when all you are trying to do is make out with a stranger you've just met in a club.

But don't even club girls need good kisses?
#48 Old 03-12-2009, 11:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Just go easy until you're both comfortable w/ eachother. I don't think you need to start out kissing really deeply. Just let things go which ever way. If you're well matched I am sure it will only get better. Don't worry so much, someone has to be confident or you'll never get anywhere, but coming on too strong physically might not be the best thing, depends on the girl, and how she feels about you.
#49 Old 03-13-2009, 12:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I suppose so, but I don't see how any of the advice in this thread is going to work on someone you've known for maybe fifteen minutes.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#50 Old 03-13-2009, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybaritik View Post

I'm not averse to a good bit of tonsil-hockey either....with the right guy.

#51 Old 03-13-2009, 04:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

hahaha.. that "follow the woman", "make her feel like the next queen of england", "be her sex slave" etc. is one thing... but I was more so wanting to know what turns off women during kissing and what turns them on.
#52 Old 03-13-2009, 04:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Well in Australia, depends on the club. In hip-hop, R&B, drum n bass, trance, electronic, urban clubs (basically any contemporary music), the type of women generally aren't into soft kissing and wat not. Most i've hooked up with tend to be very promiscuous.

But I was at a Flamenco night when the incident happened. And stereotypically, Flamenco is a very romantic form of music. So I suppose the women there might have certain expectations.
#53 Old 03-13-2009, 05:32 AM

Quote:

Well in Australia, depends on the club. In hip-hop, R&B, drum n bass, trance, electronic, urban clubs (basically any contemporary music), the type of women generally aren't into soft kissing and wat not. Most i've hooked up with tend to be very promiscuous.

maybe your basing that on the women youve hooked up with at the type of clubs you go to, but overall your statement comes across as a massive generalisation about women who go to clubs. it doesnt fit in with my experiences with female clubbers at all. and i really dont understand where you got the idea that the ones who like a lot of sex dont like to be kissed softly. thats sounds kinda bizarre dude
#54 Old 03-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post

maybe your basing that on the women youve hooked up with at the type of clubs you go to, but overall your statement comes across as a massive generalisation about women who go to clubs. it doesnt fit in with my experiences with female clubbers at all. and i really dont understand where you got the idea that the ones who like a lot of sex dont like to be kissed softly. thats sounds kinda bizarre dude

alright, i guess it did seem generalized. I should have mentioned the "my experience" part...

basically i was trying to say:

if i'm to go to a hip-hop/R&B club, trance, dance or techno club, I seem to find girls who're quite into sex but not so particular on the kissing aspect.

On the other hand, when it's Flamenco or Salsa, it seems to be a different story for me.
#55 Old 03-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Banned

i think the thing is, if you go in gentle, they're not gonna feel pounced on and you're not gonna overdo anything and leave them cold or freaking out. then if they really want it all hot and heavy, they can totally dive in there, take charge, set the pace, and maul the crap out of your poor lips- by which point you'll clue into that being what they want and you can recipricate.

as a plus its also kinda teasing and a bit hot to not get entirely what they want at the intensity that they want it right away, its sort of like someone waving a bar of chocolate just out of reach but within smelling and licking range then giving you a teeny tiny taste of the bar but holding the rest an inch from your gob. i dunno if thats a good example for boys to relate to though. if they're makeout nymphos it encourages them to go all powermad and hungry on you and pin you to the wall and ravish you to death. which i'm sure would be absolutely awful.

*takes cold shower*
#56 Old 03-13-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:

alright, i guess it did seem generalized. I should have mentioned the "my experience" part...

basically i was trying to say:

if i'm to go to a hip-hop/R&B club, trance, dance or techno club, I seem to find girls who're quite into sex but not so particular on the kissing aspect.

On the other hand, when it's Flamenco or Salsa, it seems to be a different story for me.

i think i know what youre saying. to be honest i reckon it comes down to the degree of intoxication. i think women in commercial dance clubs are practised partiers and may be more likely to have higher intoxication levels than the women you might find in flamenco clubs [ who i would say are usually a lot straighter.] when people are intoxicated theyre always more animalistic about sex, so even though i would say nearly all women would prefer the less aggressive kissing under normal circumstances, in a commercial dance club, [especially the type where punters are all drinking alcohol], theyre more likely to be up for a bit more full on action. whereas women who regularly go to flamenco places may be expecting less hedonism and more romance and might not appreciate the same approach.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page