xbox live is ruining my marriage(sorta) - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 02-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eikon View Post

Sorry if I sound like an a-hole, but you have said many times you knew exactly what he was like before you married him; so who do you think you are trying to change who he is? I am a guy that happens to play that same game, at least a few hours a night. I am in a league for it, and play competitively like some people bowl, etc. It is my way of relieving stress, and very well could be for him as well.

If you want your relationship to work, you need to sit down, bring up your issues, and make some compromises on what gets done. Everyone has their own quirks on things, and any successful relationship learns how to deal with them and get through them. Trying to mold someone into what you want them to be, never turns out well.

You dont sound like an a-hole. You are right. Im not trying to change who he is. He isnt always such a butthead. Sometimes he has been totally ignoring his games in our relationship and then all of sudden he wants to act like he is a teenager again or something. I accept it most of the time but sometimes he can be ridiculous and I cant stand it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 02-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Any kind of contraceptive that works is important to use. It doesn't have to be the pill but, without getting too personal, will he take the responsibility to use condoms? In my personal experience, the pill stopped cramps and migraines for me and I couldn't have had a life without them. Twenty pounds is a bummer. I took the lightest pill they had and it did all the good and none of the bad.
#63 Old 02-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Veggie Regular

20 pounds is a bummer. I took the lightest one they had and it did all the good and none of the bad.

sorry about the dublicate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 02-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amira View Post

Any kind of contraceptive that works is important to use. It doesn't have to be the pill but, without getting too personal, will he take the responsibility to use condoms? In my personal experience, the pill stopped cramps and migraines for me and I couldn't have had a life without them. Twenty pounds is a bummer. I took the lightest pill they had and it did all the good and none of the bad.

Yeah we always use condoms even when I am on the pill and we use that vcf stuff ( I hate it though) and the Gasp pull out method as well... We have always used those but not the vcf stuff.
#65 Old 02-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Sounds like you have things covered (so to speak) except for the "Gasp pull out method". Ha! Now all he has to do is grow up a bit.
#66 Old 02-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amira View Post

Sounds like you have things covered (so to speak) except for the "Gasp pull out method". Ha! Now all he has to do is grow up a bit.

You are so right. Today he has acted like a man and not a teenage boy. I guess maybe he is just at that age? He is almost 24.
#67 Old 02-21-2009, 10:19 PM

having an xbox woulda ruined my marriage for sure, cuz i only have eyes for the ps3
#68 Old 02-22-2009, 05:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dont_eat_bambi View Post

You are so right. Today he has acted like a man and not a teenage boy. I guess maybe he is just at that age? He is almost 24.

Maybe you are making progress.
#69 Old 02-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dont_eat_bambi View Post

Okay, this thread doesn't surprise me anymore. I had the idea you guys were a fair bit older! I don't really know any 23 year old men anymore, but when I did I don't believe they did much besides play video games and make fart jokes.
#70 Old 02-22-2009, 08:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by a7dk View Post

Okay, this thread doesn't surprise me anymore. I had the idea you guys were a fair bit older! I don't really know any 23 year old men anymore, but when I did I don't believe they did much besides play video games and make fart jokes.

haha... I think that I am ( have always been) older than I really am and he well he is still his age if not younger. People usually perceive me as being a good 3-4 years older than I am . He doesn't make fart jokes. . .
#71 Old 02-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by a7dk View Post

You're married, right? If so then I don't think it matters whose name the bills are in; all your assets and debts are considered shared, unless you have a prenup. (I guess I'm assuming you're in the US here, sorry if not)

Not to nit pick but the debt/shared thing is not true. For example, if I open up a credit card in my name or take out a loan only in my name, they can't come after my husband if I default on the payments. For one they don't have his social security number and he didn't sign papers.

Same thing with a cell phone. If it's just in her name only he could rack it up and they would go after her, not him.

I searched this stuff before I got married. It's also for protection for each other. It wouldn't be fair if someone had a credit card on the side charging up stuff and the other was to be responsible for it. That is why it is very important to see what it's right on any bills or even buying a car together or who's name goes on what.

I believe there is only 4 states that do this different. I forget the ones but I think Neveda is one.
#72 Old 02-23-2009, 05:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori~CL View Post

Not to nit pick but the debt/shared thing is not true. For example, if I open up a credit card in my name or take out a loan only in my name, they can't come after my husband if I default on the payments. For one they don't have his social security number and he didn't sign papers.

Same thing with a cell phone. If it's just in her name only he could rack it up and they would go after her, not him.

I searched this stuff before I got married. It's also for protection for each other. It wouldn't be fair if someone had a credit card on the side charging up stuff and the other was to be responsible for it. That is why it is very important to see what it's right on any bills or even buying a car together or who's name goes on what.

I believe there is only 4 states that do this different. I forget the ones but I think Neveda is one.

you are right. I researched such things too. He has his debts and I have mine. I pay all the billa with out money though.
#73 Old 02-23-2009, 03:27 PM

Well i think this is a huge problem. If he is playing the game all day then you guys have no time to spend together. Why dont you tell him how you feel and try to get him interested in something else. Like go on a trip together, go to the movies, go out to dinner, go bowling, etc. He can play his game later. Or else why dont you ask him if you guys can do something together on the weekends when neither person works. I am sorry but i couldnt be married to a man who didnt pay me any attention. You need to talk to him and try to get him unaddicted to that game.
#74 Old 02-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori~CL View Post

Good to know; thanks.
#75 Old 04-08-2009, 08:13 AM

I know just how you feel, i admitt i used to play xbox alot before imarried my wife, and she used to moan so i cut down my game play alot spent more time with her and the boys,about seven months ago she got a membership and started playing online call of duty 4 so i played too,we would play together and with online friends just recently she has started t o play with one guy all the time,which in turn has got my suspicions going as to the extent of there "online" relationships.i finally had enough and confronted her about the situation and told me there was nothing to worry about,o.k i thought then when i was in the same room and she was playing and is still playing in, if a message from him would come she would never open it,she deletes them all,this has caused many arguments and im am now physically sick with thoughts of them in anymore than a online friends relationship, because of the rows this is causing we are on the verge of splitting up, and when i ask her about it she gets all moody and defensive,she is a freindly girl who gets on with men more than women not in the sexual way.She will not take anytime out for me ,before work she logs on whilst im in bed,im sure its to see if he has messaged her or if hes online,she even told me she prefers his company to mine at the moment because i keep on about it ,but im hurting to the extent i will leave, icaught amessage yesterday he called her sweetie followed by xxx,later she sent him a message goodnight xxxxx,is this normal am i paranoind or is she treating me like a mug!
#76 Old 04-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac17 View Post

I know just how you feel, i admitt i used to play xbox alot before imarried my wife, and she used to moan so i cut down my game play alot spent more time with her and the boys,about seven months ago she got a membership and started playing online call of duty 4 so i played too,we would play together and with online friends just recently she has started t o play with one guy all the time,which in turn has got my suspicions going as to the extent of there "online" relationships.i finally had enough and confronted her about the situation and told me there was nothing to worry about,o.k i thought then when i was in the same room and she was playing and is still playing in, if a message from him would come she would never open it,she deletes them all,this has caused many arguments and im am now physically sick with thoughts of them in anymore than a online friends relationship, because of the rows this is causing we are on the verge of splitting up, and when i ask her about it she gets all moody and defensive,she is a freindly girl who gets on with men more than women not in the sexual way.She will not take anytime out for me ,before work she logs on whilst im in bed,im sure its to see if he has messaged her or if hes online,she even told me she prefers his company to mine at the moment because i keep on about it ,but im hurting to the extent i will leave, icaught amessage yesterday he called her sweetie followed by xxx,later she sent him a message goodnight xxxxx,is this normal am i paranoind or is she treating me like a mug!

You're not being paranoid. I do think you'll get more responses to your question if you start a new thread about this

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#77 Old 04-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac17 View Post

sounds dodgy. marriage councelling. go get some.
#78 Old 04-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by starblossom View Post

you're not being paranoid. I do think you'll get more responses to your question if you start a new thread about this

+1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page