Online Vegan/Vegetarian Dating Services - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 02-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begonia View Post

OKCupid veg friendly?????????????

Sorry, but I beg to disagree, wholeheartedly... Look at a lot of the stuff written on the so called "friendship" thread, i.e., the thread meant for veg*ns to come together for "friendly" discussion

http://www.okcupid.com/forum?tid=6155540970710691976

There is also a thread on that site where omnis freely bash veg*ns with a great deal of viciousness, not hesitating to use coarse and obscene language. They do not hesitate to bash vegetarians/vegans on the "friendship" thread either.

I put up a profile on OKCupid without much hope for finding anything serious. In all my searching I found only one I really wanted to contact...I mean, she (from her profile, at least) seemed to be perfect for me in so many ways, including being vegan. And she lived not too far from me. It turns out if you're over 30 (yup, that's ME!) that she won't even respond to you. Our age difference wouldn't be that extreme...I've seen bigger age differences in couples.

But vegans and vegetarians are far and few between. At least around me. The highest match I found anywhere is a girl who lives in Turkey. So, yeah, no luck for me either.

What I think: vegans and vegetarians that post here need to take over the site and start posting their profiles on there. And we need to promote that site as a great place to meet vegetarians. And people need to NOT take the site so freaking seriously (such as the girl who lives near me...would it kill her to reply to a personal message even if I am not in her age range of choice?)

"I used to hate dogs 'til I saw one kill a kid." W.C. Fields
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 02-18-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoun07 View Post

And people need to NOT take the site so freaking seriously (such as the girl who lives near me...would it kill her to reply to a personal message even if I am not in her age range of choice?)

you shouldnt take her not replying to you so freaking seriously !!

nah, im j/k dude its cool when people take the time to respond cuz its just a polite thing to do isnt it, but i think one reason why women dont always respond is that they can get full on pestered by guys even when they havent shown that much interest & it gets a bit much for them sometimes. some female friends of mine have told me that some guys see any kind of response to a msg as a come on & they dont wanna give them false hope so they say nothing.

you also have to keep in mind that some people have things that they dont wanna compromise on, like age range for example, & they will consider it bad netiquette for you to send a msg when you dont fit their parameters. its like if you put in your profile that you werent interested in hearing from meat eaters & meat eaters still responded. itd probably piss you off a bit & youd end up just ignoring their msgs which is probably what shes done to you.
#63 Old 02-19-2010, 12:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapt View Post

you also have to keep in mind that some people have things that they dont wanna compromise on, like age range for example, & they will consider it bad netiquette for you to send a msg when you dont fit their parameters.

My sis is always getting messages like that from guys. Some of them are so different from what she is asking for that you end up thinking you knob, why did you even think she'd be interested in you but then other times the guy sounds really suitable for her apart from one little thing like a small age gap and she totally dismisses him as well and refuses to compromise! I think sometimes you have to adjust your parameters a bit cos you could be missing out on meeting a nice person if you don't.

m8itcanw8.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 02-20-2010, 08:20 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waikikamukau View Post

Sorry... I'm 26! I know it's a tough area for vegans.

Yes, it is a tough area to meet vegans, I have a 26 year old son and a 23 year old son, them and their wives and 2 kids are vegan, but we are all we know of in this area..yet
#65 Old 02-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasass View Post

Yes, it is a tough area to meet vegans, I have a 26 year old son and a 23 year old son, them and their wives and 2 kids are vegan, but we are all we know of in this area..yet

Have you looked at meetup.com? There was a vegan meetup group on there that you might be interested in.
#66 Old 03-09-2010, 01:29 AM

I have been on Veggiedate.org, Veggiefishing.com, and spiritualsingles.com, on and off over the last seven years. I went traveling for a good part of that time though. But here's what I discovered.

Veggiedate.org has a lot of very OLD postings from women, and a lot of new ones too. Their search functions are quite good now, although they weren't when I first joined. it's a hassle to sort through them all, find one that seems great, then notice that she hasn't even logged in in three years ! I think a lot of women vegetarians are very idealistic, and rather uncompromising about what they want from a man - someone to bankroll their wildlife rescue farm or such pipe dreams - unrealistic expectations need an outlet, and this seems like the perfect place...

Veggiefishing is less search-friendly, but also FREE. FREE means that more people post who aren't serious about finding someone to build a relationship with. I haven't had much experience with it, but it seems to have some potential- lots of members at least.

Spiritual Singles has given me the finds that I have actually dated. It is frustrating though, because I can't sort for vegetarians AND for key words. And many women there hit on me and are NOT vegetarians. I have concluded that people become "spiritualized" shortly after becoming traumatized. I saw some very serious PTS going on with these women. But I have also found some VERY INTERESTING artists/ musicians on here. I currently have two women interested in me from this database.

I just wish someone would start a service for single vegetarians in the performing arts.

Mind you, I live in a large metropolitan area, where this kind of database is bound to have some close matches... Best of luck to you. Being firm about wanting a vegetarian partner ( or at least primarily vegetarian) makes perfect logical sense- but try not to extend yourself into thinking this is the mine where to find the perfect gem that you dreamed about as a Disney-hypnotized child...that's really part of our society's oppression tactics... keep people separated and weak by making them think they have to wait for perfection to show up. Remember the song Desperado by the Eagles, and you will do well.
#67 Old 03-13-2010, 07:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Have you looked at meetup.com? There was a vegan meetup group on there that you might be interested in.

OMG! I joined a vegan and vegetarian meetup group. Went to ONE meeting and haven't been back.

--
The Twilight Is My Robe
#68 Old 03-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Why not?

www.thesaucyvegan.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page