Online Vegan/Vegetarian Dating Services - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 03-05-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

ah, sorry, right. i supose i was a bit lost cos you said you would love to meet a woman who's athletic: olympiclifter, powerlifter, bodybuilder, or martial artist. oopsie. good luck anyway.

You misunderstood me. It isn't a requirement that a woman be athletic in order for me to date her.

I think physically strong women or women with muscles are sexy. If I had to pick my ideal partner it would be nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 03-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLashedVeg View Post

I don't get this. It's a totaly turn-off to me. I want a manly man!

I don't get it either, well mainly the skinny and scrawny part. I like big guys not ones that look like they'll blow away in the wind.
#33 Old 03-05-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I don't get it either, well mainly the skinny and scrawny part. I like big guys not ones that look like they'll blow away in the wind.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 03-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLashedVeg View Post

I don't get this. It's a totaly turn-off to me. I want a manly man!

I can explain for myself: I watch anime XD Tis hard to find such a man, though.
#35 Old 03-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lain View Post

I can explain for myself: I watch anime XD Tis hard to find such a man, though.

Oooooh! I SOOO want an Veg*n Anime man! *thinks of a list of anime guys i'd love to meet... I like the stereo-type veg*n men... lol. I guess i'm in the minority here. =P
#36 Old 03-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeidee View Post

Oooooh! I SOOO want an Veg*n Anime man! *thinks of a list of anime guys i'd love to meet... I like the stereo-type veg*n men... lol. I guess i'm in the minority here. =P

nah, i don't like the needless muscles look myself. some guys look like mr-stay-puft or like they've bubblewrapped themselves with muscles and its just odd and daft to me. but anyway... yeah, if we were all the same and all liked the same stuff it'd be a very boring world.

i hope the OP finds a nice lady who loves him for who he is, as well as what he looks like, and vice versa, and they're very happy together.
#37 Old 03-06-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:

nah, i don't like the needless muscles look myself. some guys look like mr-stay-puft or like they've bubblewrapped themselves with muscles and its just odd and daft to me. but anyway... yeah, if we were all the same and all liked the same stuff it'd be a very boring world.

i hope the OP finds a nice lady who loves him for who he is, as well as what he looks like, and vice versa, and they're very happy together.

Thanks jen!

I want to clarify something if I already haven't. I starting eating a vegan diet for health reasons. I have diabetes type II and I won't put all that cholestoral and saturated fat in my body. I have and would date an omni. The issue is eating out.

While dining out I'll cheat on occassion if a restaurant doesn't have any good vegan/veg options, however many restaurants serve sandwiches on high glycemic white bread, entrees over white rice, and pizza on white flour dough. A fooking salad won't fill me up.
#38 Old 03-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganwayne View Post

Thanks jen!

I want to clarify something if I already haven't. I starting eating a vegan diet for health reasons. I have diabetes type II and I won't put all that cholestoral and saturated fat in my body. I have and would date an omni. The issue is eating out.

While dining out I'll cheat on occassion if a restaurant doesn't have any good vegan/veg options, however many restaurants serve sandwiches on high glycemic white bread, entrees over white rice, and pizza on white flour dough. A fooking salad won't fill me up.

yeah, that sounds tricky- what with the carb heavy options in western food. middle eastern or indian places might be good for you- lots of hummus, veggies, flatbreads, pulse and produce heavy stuff, thats not been processed too much.
#39 Old 03-06-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:

yeah, that sounds tricky- what with the carb heavy options in western food. middle eastern or indian places might be good for you- lots of hummus, veggies, flatbreads, pulse and produce heavy stuff, thats not been processed too much.

Ironically I was thinking about going out tonight. I love Indian and Middle Eastern food. Also, there are several excellent vegan chinese restaurants in my neck of the woods.
#40 Old 03-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Yeah exactly. I'm small enough as it is, I don't want a man with the same waist size as me, LOL... I want to feel feminine and tiny next to him (well I already do next to most people, but you know what I mean, LOL...).

On the other hand, I don't want an obsessed gym-rat either. I dated a guy who seriously had muscle dysmorphia - like an anorexic with his muscles... he'd think his arms were "too small" when in reality they were huge and very muscular, and he'd spend hours taking pictures of himself and comparing them to shots from the week/month before... it was just an obsession, and so unhealthy... Eventually this spilled into our relationship and he started telling me I was fat and that he wouldn't marry me unless I developed six-pack abs and weighed 100 lbs (I was and am not far from that anyway! and even if I was heavier, it's still wrong to say). Thank GOODNESS I ended that relationship. He was totally abusive.

Ok, back on topic here, lol...
#41 Old 03-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Have you tried Craigslist and just search by word Vegetarian or vegan? Ok, there are many weird posts but it's completely free and quite amusing at times so what the heck...
#42 Old 03-06-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evelinadatta View Post

Have you tried Craigslist and just search by word Vegetarian or vegan? Ok, there are many weird posts but it's completely free and quite amusing at times so what the heck...

Who me? I posted a personal ad on craigslist about a year ago and I only got ONE response. The woman looked my grandmothers age (70's) although she claimed to be younger. Yeah, right!

I'll try craigslist again. I need more and better photos of myself. I only have one head shot and I don't have a digital camera.
#43 Old 03-06-2009, 06:56 PM

I went out for dinner tonight by myself to a Middle Eastern restaurant and lunch earlier this week to an Indian restaurant without a date and had a great time.
#44 Old 03-12-2009, 01:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by evelinadatta View Post

I get poop and squat when I try that.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#45 Old 03-17-2009, 09:21 AM

I'm a devout Catholic, vegan, tall, big guy, and a cigarette smoker(trying to quit).. you guys think you have it hard finding somebody? :P

The Catholic part alone is difficult enough, and now I've added vegan to the list to narrow my choices further.
#46 Old 03-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm surprised, I wouldn't have thought that finding another catholic person in the US would be that difficult?

#47 Old 03-17-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybaritik View Post

I'm surprised, I wouldn't have thought that finding another catholic person in the US would be that difficult?

A Catholic person in the US and a Catholic person that actually practice and follow the Church's teachings are two different things. It is much harder to find somebody that actually follows the faith completely.

Add on to that my rough around the edges image(musician, long hair, beard, smoke).. I'm not exactly the poster child for clean cut Polo wearin' Catholic dude.

I'm either "too religious" in the eyes of some, or "not Catholic enough" in the eyes of others.. which is silly, but that's the way of things.
#48 Old 03-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Hmmm...I see.

Can you not make some compromises about them not following the faith completely if they accept you for not being Mr clean cut? Or is that out of the question?

#49 Old 03-17-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybaritik View Post

Hmmm...I see.

Can you not make some compromises about them not following the faith completely if they accept you for not being Mr clean cut? Or is that out of the question?

I'm not too good at finding people that are willing to compromise. I'm good at finding selfish people.
#50 Old 03-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordicus View Post

I'm not too good at finding people that are willing to compromise. I'm good at finding selfish people.

Yeah, there's a lot of selfish people out there.

#51 Old 04-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Riot Nrrrd

I just quit smoking myself and have difficulty with the "do you smoke" question. Usually not a category for "No, but everything I own smells like I do from the 16 odd years that I did ..."

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 18002738255
#52 Old 02-13-2010, 08:35 AM

Online dating is a gamble in general, but apparently, so is traditional dating. I think we can thank the internet for the increasing disconnect in the world when it comes to socializing, as was mentioned in earlier responses. There is this website I just signed up for, www.lovetropolis.co. There's a limited time offer going on where you pay a one time fee of $17.95 and get a "lifetime" membership. Let's hope I don't need to be on there for a lifetime, but it's nice to not worry about monthly fees. I think it is an up and coming site, which is why there are not a lot of people signed up yet (I live in NY, and there were only a handful of local men)

The site is not a veggie dating site, but there is a question about favorite food with a drop down menu. I of course put vegetarian. That can probably help clue in who are fellow vegs, although you can always ask if you don't see it on someone's profile.
#53 Old 02-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm male, vegan, overweight, against using alcohol/drugs myself, although I can tolerate some in others and atheist.

In other words, my attempts at online dating result in "let's be friends"
#54 Old 02-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Beginner

Hey Waikikamukau, I live near Buffalo, NY...

Anyway, about the reason for this thread....I haven't had a date in 3 years since I became Vegan, I've kinda gotten set in my ways and don't think I can get used to meat being cooked in my kitchen. I'm beginning to worry I will live alone the rest of my life..:-(
#55 Old 02-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

I have played a lot on OK cupid. Its not specifically veg but very veg friendly.

I have found some cool people. the only problem is that the ones I realy want to meet are a distance away from me.

OKCupid veg friendly?????????????

Sorry, but I beg to disagree, wholeheartedly... Look at a lot of the stuff written on the so called "friendship" thread, i.e., the thread meant for veg*ns to come together for "friendly" discussion

http://www.okcupid.com/forum?tid=6155540970710691976

There is also a thread on that site where omnis freely bash veg*ns with a great deal of viciousness, not hesitating to use coarse and obscene language. They do not hesitate to bash vegetarians/vegans on the "friendship" thread either.
#56 Old 02-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waikikamukau View Post

In other words, my attempts at online dating result in "let's be friends"

That's the story of my life (online dating or real life)...
#57 Old 02-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begonia View Post

OKCupid veg friendly?????????????

Sorry, but I beg to disagree, wholeheartedly... Look at a lot of the stuff written on the so called "friendship" thread, i.e., the thread meant for veg*ns to come together for "friendly" discussion

http://www.okcupid.com/forum?tid=6155540970710691976

There is also a thread on that site where omnis freely bash veg*ns with a great deal of viciousness, not hesitating to use coarse and obscene language. They do not hesitate to bash vegetarians/vegans on the "friendship" thread either.

I've learned that reading forums on dating sites only envokes rage in me and makes me realize how shallow, close minded, and immature people can be. Its not just the veg threads either where people show off what a**holes they really are. I have seen that particular thread you have mentioned though several times. I will admit though that I have become really good friends with someone I met on that site (definetly not through the forums though) online and in person. I've also had some totally creepy messages from people too. My pc also got a nasty trojan virus from that site so I deleted my profile awhile ago (same thing happened to two of my friends also).
#58 Old 02-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasass View Post

Hey Waikikamukau, I live near Buffalo, NY..(

Me too!

I met my boyfriend online. I wrote that I was vegan on my profile so he had some idea of what he was getting into. Turns out that he's a very picky eater for an omni, so he understands and never complains about the way I eat.
#59 Old 02-14-2010, 06:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I've learned that reading forums on dating sites only envokes rage in me and makes me realize how shallow, close minded, and immature people can be. Its not just the veg threads either where people show off what a**holes they really are. I have seen that particular thread you have mentioned though several times. I will admit though that I have become really good friends with someone I met on that site (definetly not through the forums though) online and in person. I've also had some totally creepy messages from people too. My pc also got a nasty trojan virus from that site so I deleted my profile awhile ago (same thing happened to two of my friends also).

I do agree it could be worthwhile outside the forums. Also that the a**hole phenomenom is not restricted to the veg*n friendship/hate threads. I'm very glad you've made a really good friend on the site though am sorry about that nasty virus.
#60 Old 02-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasass View Post

Hey Waikikamukau, I live near Buffalo, NY...

Sorry... I'm 26! I know it's a tough area for vegans.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page