Here we go..... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Banned

Ok, Chris's SIL is pregnant and normally this would be a good thing, what is better than a new life coming into the world, right? We found this out on Christmas Day. I have woken up to make my side dishes for Christmas at my grandparents and he tell me this. First a little background information then I am going to get to my reaction to this. Chris's SIL has Crohn's. She almost died having their first child. Besides that, she doesn't work, not because she can't but because it would put them over the limit to receive assistance from the government (Medicaid and Food Stamps). Chris's brother is accident prone, he is always either hurting himself or losing his temper and losing his job. In any case neither one has been working for the last couple of months and his parents have been working their asses off trying to pay for their bills and his brother and SIL'S bills (Shannon and Lee) and they paid for all of the Christmas presents for the children even though they qualified for Christmas Mother and got gifts from that. In any case, his brother messed up his leg working on a car (at work and is not getting workers comp, why I don't know and he lost his job) and can't walk very long and all he knows how to do is mechanic work even though his doctor says his lungs can't take it much longer. He also has two kids from a previous marriage and she used him to have the kids and if Becca was born first there would be no Jacob, she wanted a girl only after she had her girl she left Lee and went back to her boyfriend, who is sterile so she used him to have babies. Wow what a f*ckarow. She gave Jake to his dad (and Jake was old enough to remember all of this, Lee was so upset he wanted to kill himself when she left him, Becca was too young to remember it) and her family is always getting Becca things like her grandma bought all Hannah Montana things for her room and they didn't get him sh!t (a just because present a few months back). On top of that Becca's mom is raising her to marry for money not love, she is spoiled and she is learning that money and things are more important that love. He (Lee) is getting innovative surgery from MCV for free but he has to wait to see when they will do that and on top of that there is something wrong with his shoulder that they have no funds to fix, in the meantime, as already stated his parents are paying their bills so of course I was like WTF why can't Shannon get a job at this point since they are not getting Lee's income. Come to find out she is pregnant, I was upset because this is another mouth to feed, come on people use a condom you can't even support your family as it is. They say it wasn't planned but I wonder because she would always say she wanted a girl (her child is a boy)....Ugh it makes me so upset and I started crying saying it wasn't right and now his parents were going to have to support them even more and that they should just move back in with them at this point. Lee called Chris on Christmas Day and we didn't talk to them, not looking forward to seeing them this Sunday at a party, not sure what to say and I really don't want to talk to them, it is not the baby's fault and the situation is just bad and what if this one kills her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't know what to say (and I know you were just looking to vent), so I'll just give you this
#3 Old 12-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Banned

Thanks, yeah I am really just looking to vent, there is nothing to say really about it, it is a bad situation...Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-26-2008, 03:39 PM

It really SUCKS to be on the outside, looking in at something like this.
#5 Old 12-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh my...
#6 Old 12-27-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaganNC View Post

I don't know what to say (and I know you were just looking to vent), so I'll just give you this

exactly

Peace love and happiness

jenn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page