Just how is your relationship WITH LIFE ?? (Reality based, helpful philosophy >>...) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-15-2008, 07:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Just how is your relationship WITH LIFE ?? (Reality based, helpful philosophy for day to day living..)

For example:

What defines you or the way you live, and the life you strive for, in general terms without it becoming all analytical ??

[Mod-note first of all, although comments and opinions ARE WELCOME, I am not really trying to debate this, certainly not COMPOST HEAP STYLE anyway!!! and therefere I'd really appreciate this thread having a go at staying put in the RELATIONSHIPS forum, for a time at least, and permanent if possible]

I ASK ALL with the intelligence, to produce GOOD ANSWERS; and preferably regardless of where you be right now, which is VB (& its very flawed psychology especially on subjects such as this), so regardless of VB influence on your life if that helps you be more objective about my question and your life's inclinations and questions about which...then proceed to read the following.

OK, pause a moment, take a bit of a breath, coz for some it may appear like I am intellectualizing, when in fact no....

But look anyway, about your life and your supposed relationship with it, which maybe of your choosing or not, how you end up intentionally or not.

However you end up being, as you are, and perhaps unhappily stuck in whatever circumstances you happen to be in, this may interest you to think about HOW YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH LIFE IS:

ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE WHO EXPERIENCE, BASICLY -ANY- DEGREE OF DIS-SATISFACTION WITH IT> etc > and so on >... (which is pretty much ALL OF US EXPERIENCE--- *IN SOME FORM, -- thru own knowledge or knowledge gained moreso from others ----whichever)...And just the fact we know all too well life's problems, at least that which is obvious to our own knowledge as individuals AKA personal problems and the rest...."AND THE REST" part...Now that is of particular interest I find... because HOW DEEP or HOW FAR do you NEED<?> to go in putting things 'right' ??>>) soooo.... People in difficult circumstances lets begin with if you want, YOU (and yeah ME) may find this thread interesting, particularly as it is then that people wanna climb out of their pit and think on up some of the stuff which is making or breaking them or that which is even more down to earth than that only not as cut & thrust as that.... but whatever it is it makes their/your/my life a feat or cluster of things which are a collection of relationships &/or experiences, which make up the whole.

ETC ETC....

The point being I guess -- being all presumptuous and stuff, or no, matter of fact, I think we all have one, that is maybe a symbiotic relationship with life (or whatever) in that its all mixed up and doesn't all necessarily turn out to be a cohesive relationship, ie, things do not stick when you want them to stick, and then you realize, either that is not meant to stick or it won't stick as a good thing because its just not meant for me or something like that?????... Else if we get lucky about the choices we make in life, I guess what happens is we try to marry one thing and another (kinda symbiotically) sometimes with luckless/fateful attitude (some might say) to formulate what is commonly dubbed lifestyle (or lifestyles -- more than one rolled into one -- if not all areas of your life fits into one neat box which of course it often doesn't).... Sooooooo, sometimes things just end up the way you WOULD in half-hearted mood expect.... What then is the prognosis for CHANGING whatever thing like that, whereby despite what one might call best intentions still has to overcome the unpredictable elements of life which although not the beall + endall of what I am saying, does play a part in influencing our subconcience to do what we do and end up as we be, concerning lifestyle and general attitude toward life.

Is life due to reality setbacks for instance, about what you need<?> to UNDERGO, or what you must suffer to get (what you want out of life) or are your opinions that life can be much more pleasuarble than that, and it is possible to be much more optimistic about life than that??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-15-2008, 08:06 AM
Veggie Regular

AGAIN: if this MUST go in compost heap regardless of where I desire my thread to be aired and classified, then hey ho move it there.... I don't know how this is gonna go down but I hope I've done my BEST in creating it the way I intended.... so hopefully then, it can stay in RELATIONSHIPS
#3 Old 12-15-2008, 08:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Below is Just is an interlude of alternate interest, related somewhat to the main topic, but really.... this is going to be more than a little off-topic (despite the WORD- relations), and anyway way too deep for most of us... Nontheless, check this and damn, you just maybe quite impressed, at how subjective philosophy CAN BE, or how it can twist and turn and also how people's idea of what makes 'good philosophy' can be VERY far apart too!!...

Symbiosis and the Ecological Role of Philosophy

Kent A. Peacock

http://66.102.9.132/search?q=cache:n...lnk&cd=8&gl=uk

PDF version here:

http://people.uleth.ca/~kent.peacock...Phil%20REV.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I... I can't shake the feeling that I'm being sold something...
#5 Old 12-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripvanfish View Post

I... I can't shake the feeling that I'm being sold something...

yes thats right, we live in an advertisment society.... and that feeling of bombardment makes it seem like there is no room for anything else to appreciate in life, whilst that kaos, and commotion is going on! Assuming this is one angle of what you could possibly mean in relationship to life and its demons, etc. (I say demons, not loosely when it comes to advertizing & we all know why that is= cold calling, brain washing etc, not good for quality of life!!)
#6 Old 12-17-2008, 04:21 AM

I thought the title of this thread sounded interesting, but I'm sorry, I just found your posts so wordy and convoluted that I got lost and then lost interest. Boil it down to the basics and let the conversation grow from there maybe. But then maybe I'm just not as intellectual as some here?
#7 Old 12-17-2008, 04:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselsmom View Post

I thought the title of this thread sounded interesting, but I'm sorry, I just found your posts so wordy and convoluted that I got lost and then lost interest. Boil it down to the basics and let the conversation grow from there maybe. But then maybe I'm just not as intellectual as some here?

yeah i'm totally confused.
#8 Old 12-17-2008, 06:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykoelle View Post

yeah i'm totally confused.

[youtube]_zvMKLDTiho[/youtube]

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#9 Old 12-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Veggie Regular

If people need to read between the lines that YOU feel are there, (concerning gramma or whatever else) then YOU need to ask the question about what it is you don't get or have misread.

Sorry Dieselmom, whats done is done, and *I'm mostly happy with it (what I wrote)* so I am NOT boiling things down unless you make an effort also. Thats the deal, or else come up with your own thought, about what you read the title to be, which IS CLEAR.

If this thread is not for you, that okays, and to some extent either you get it or you don't but if you don't ask whats up, about what you are not getting, then you're certain to fail understanding and thus partaking. Either you are open minded and have intelligence or you do not basicly is what it boils down to. And that is partly to weed out those who are just here to mock. And seriously, I CAN'T say fairer than that. I really CAN'T.
#10 Old 12-17-2008, 08:41 AM
Veggie Regular

And SevenSeas I'm reporting your post. I don't want some groany nirvana sounding demeana, here, got it, because you can't seriously be taking this seriously?

THIS BY & LARGE IS A SERIOUS THREAD. NOT A JERK AROUND THREAD.

I don't mind if you don't understand whatever.... I know there are VERY FEW people on this board with a mind, and willing to use it.

SevenSeas has a mind, but in this instance has chosen not to use it. THATS what I can do without. I saw it coming a trillion miles away, no surprise to me folks, better luck with your next victim or whatever.
#11 Old 12-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Veggie Regular

I am life.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#12 Old 12-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Veggie Regular

This thread COULD be quite easy going if given a chance to be treated with respect, and as quite serious, and once people settled into it...

If anyone is thinking this the following~ then~ I agree to wish to be treated plain serious, will turn a lot of people off I know, but I HAVE TO start that way, so that only the genuine cotton onto it.
#13 Old 12-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Veggie Regular

This thread COULD be quite easy going if given a chance to be treated with respect, and as quite serious, and once people settled into it...

If anyone is thinking this the following~ then~ I agree to wish to be treated plain serious, will turn

a lot of people off I know, but I HAVE TO start that way, so that only the genuine cotton onto it.
#14 Old 12-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

I am life.

ok.... so just for example, we should all pray to you then?

Am I being sarcastic? no, this is a serious thread. But if "am you is", then fine.
#15 Old 12-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

I am life.

Am I being sarcastic? no, this is a serious thread. But if "am you is", then fine.
#16 Old 12-17-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Either you are open minded and have intelligence

I am both of these things and I've read your initial post several times but I found you post to be rambling and without a point. It reminds me of ages ago when I was in college and we would sit around and have rambling conversations all night!
#17 Old 12-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestGlade34 View Post

Just how is your relationship WITH LIFE ?? (Reality based, helpful philosophy for day to day living..)

For example:

What defines you or the way you live, and the life you strive for, in general terms without it becoming all analytical ??

After going through what was up til now the most traumatic event in my life, several years ago, I find I am still in hiding mode. I don't need to hide anymore, but being in hiding from life is a tough mode to break out of, once it becomes an ingrained pattern. I have been enjoying slow success in changing though. I never used to be that way, and I don't want to hide for the rest of my life.

Quote:

....Sooooooo, sometimes things just end up the way you WOULD in half-hearted mood expect.... What then is the prognosis for CHANGING whatever thing like that, whereby despite what one might call best intentions still has to overcome the unpredictable elements of life which although not the beall + endall of what I am saying, does play a part in influencing our subconcience to do what we do and end up as we be, concerning lifestyle and general attitude toward life.

Everyone's life ends up as a combination of what we plan for it, and how we adapt to the unexpected. Some people are more adaptable than others, I guess, and some unexpected turns of events are easier to take in stride than others, I suppose. The best way, and also the hardest, of course, is to change how you see an event in your life, when you cannot change the event itself.

Quote:

Is life due to reality setbacks for instance, about what you need<?> to UNDERGO, or what you must suffer to get (what you want out of life) or are your opinions that life can be much more pleasuarble than that, and it is possible to be much more optimistic about life than that??

Pleasure is nice, and people need a measure of it in their lives, but it doesn't teach much worth knowing. On the other hand, though much can be learned through hardship, many people only learn bitterness and self pity, rather than compassion and empathy. I value the joy that comes from wisdom and experience of the good and bad in life, rather than the empty pleasure that comes from blissful ignorance.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#18 Old 12-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Veggie Regular

wow, somebodyelse, has it as wrapped up as good as it can be understood from what I said I think...... starting off in your case somebodyelse a response from you that takes a lookback at how you have come on in life, from a setback, and of course I did mention setbacks and the unexpected, and something which you add that is interesting is how people can hide too much from life, and never move on or thing like that. Whatever it is you were breaking out from, I wish you all the best, to continuing making steady progress. And even if change is slow, at least in your words you recognize it is working for you whatever pattern of truth or certainty takes you to the point where you see yourself making a success of yourself, (ie, despite setbacks and fears etc)

Quote:
Everyone's life ends up as a combination of what we plan for it, and how we adapt to the unexpected. Some people are more adaptable than others, I guess, and some unexpected turns of events are easier to take in stride than others, I suppose. The best way, and also the hardest, of course, is to change how you see an event in your life, when you cannot change the event itself.

Could not have said it better myself. Especially good and wise, is that part you say about changing how you see an event (presumably in the mindseye as much as something physical or material) especially when you cannot change the event/thing itself. Or things we are just not good at in life which in a very similar way reflects back to your words in that same paragraph about adapting and how its easier for some to do so than others.

Quote:
Pleasure is nice, and people need a measure of it in their lives, but it doesn't teach much worth knowing. On the other hand, though much can be learned through hardship, many people only learn bitterness and self pity, rather than compassion and empathy. I value the joy that comes from wisdom and experience of the good and bad in life, rather than the empty pleasure that comes from blissful ignorance.

The harder they come, they harder they fall, there is no truer quote I know of on the subject.... So yes bitter people will come undone, but so too will people who are being too soft in life occasionally. Not all that rare I figure. Nothing wrong with taking a soft approach in life whomever needs to do that, though as it does not mean defeat nor shallowness necessarily, nor likewise anything this or that you carry out with softer edge dexterity is so easy its pudding.... So with a structure of blomange, it maybe sometimes when approaching life in a softer way, but much is to be said for seeing deeper into what power soft reverberations of all things has in the attic, so to speak.

So what I'm saying is I agree, that its shrewd to take lessons from both pleasure and pain/ or of things good & "bad?", so long as they make sense to the person having some appreciation of balance.

And finally you mention blissful ignorance, which of course is an all too easy way to be, for anyone to crumble is so easy, and for careless attitudes to be rife ... And however many people opt for being ignorant in this world, its still firmly in the domain of the foolhardly who could & do care less.... The result is these days the only prescription needed in answer to that is simply: "we (you!) do not have the privilege of negative thinking, whilst ever global warming and things of that magnitude loom over us and our world"
#19 Old 12-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I don't mind if you don't understand whatever.... I know there are VERY FEW people on this board with a mind, and willing to use it.

I suppose you're the exception?
#20 Old 12-17-2008, 01:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana in IN View Post

I am both of these things and I've read your initial post several times but I found you post to be rambling and without a point. It reminds me of ages ago when I was in college and we would sit around and have rambling conversations all night!

sure sure, ok, I couldn't agree more, of course a combination of intelligence & open mindedness is a smart thing. A good thing. A pedigree of intelligence is to be openminded along with it.

ref: "rambling "... I accept that was your interpretation of me, (with a BUT of course b'c I ALWAYS have some SELF PRESERVATION DEFENCE OF MY OWN INTELLECTUAL PRECINCT, place of sanctity for the integrity of WHAT I KNOW TO BE TRUE etc--- ie, reservations about how I am INTERPRETED etc)

Now, back down to earth, I don't claim to be able to illuminate a good impression with all, (things get too complicated in my talk pattern if I try too hard)... sooo}}... As well as my own mental resource....I like anyone rely quite a bit on others mental dexterity, and what then do they make of having made effort to understand like yourself would seem to claim Dana in IN.

But anyway--- take this for reckoning of whats possible --->> somebodyelse, who is a friend of mine, regardless of that, I didn't PLAN on her replying to my thread, BUT she IS able to respond.

Anyone may respond, if they USE THEIR MIND GENUINELY SERVING THE PURPOSE OF THE THREAD. Thats what I say. And I don't mean to get on my high horse by saying that.

I find a lot of deficit in hope for intelligence around here it is true, (not deficit of my self-esteem) that VBers will respond something cool, and thoughtful.... (hardly odds on with VB though to be honest with you) that others hopefully register something of what I am saying.....Anyway I don't seek perfection ALL the time.....So it becomes all part of the course (yah boring and predictable, thats right) if I'm misunderstood (With intent or not by those perpetrating that allegation or belief), thats life, no big deal in smalls.....But you can imagine that if ongoing (of course) it bores me to realize (certain to not always be my fault) such reaction is often because people don't even try to see where I'm coming from..

But yes view me as you wish, as either complexity or rambling etc. Quite how this manifests I can't always figure but its a statistic at least that quite a few people on VB do view me on presumption I don't quite know what I am talking about, or haven't thought through enough, but believe me I do PLENTY OF THINKING Even so in the eyes of people I presume to get on with, things go awry, but rambling is never my first concern or intent as long as I have my own basic plan of dialogue to work with to project whats on my mind. I only concern that I make reasonable sense in the main. I try not to worry how casual/rambling I sound, unless words of a rambling nature are all I have to hand to work with (call it a scant approach if you wish but I PROMISE I not so slack as I may appear).

Anyway --- I am just being honest and meeting you half way, and to say I was never guranteeing a perfect OP, it is what it is, and I just hope people see it the way I meant it, (as fast as my thoughts will go into print) and the meanings of which are sometimes not as obvious as I had hoped they would be to others trying to pick up the context of what I mean and anything inbetween (and so on!).....
#21 Old 12-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripvanfish View Post

I suppose you're the exception?

ok then, (clarification)... people not willing to bend to my way of thinking because few get to where the message is at, so it would APPEAR not many brainy people using their minds. At least not in the way I do.

ie, there are people that use their mind here (few though they are like I said) but even those that use their mind [eg, CONSTRUCTIVELY & SERIOUSLY], have to (apparently) overcome what the heck it is I'm saying due to I don't know, they're different appreciation on things... And I try to help them as much as can to make a connection... thats all. If they don't come forward, the prejudice kicks back into inane debate, about how clever remarks look smarter than intelligence, when in reality its quite the opposite.. unless you're just on the boards for fun, then more power to you.
#22 Old 12-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

I understand ForestGlade34. It took me a while, I have to admit. You have to kind of... absorb... his posts and the meaning just kicks in. If you think of them more as fluid prose than formal essays you'll get it.

Back on topic. I can't entirely answer this now. Very recently I've come to the conclusion my relationship with life, or the way I live my life, is screwed up. I'm not living the life I deserve and know I can have and I am not treating others as well as they deserve to be treated. I am not living my life according to my own high moral standards or in accordance with my own personal philosophy.

I really need to do some thinking on this topic before I can answer those sort of questions to myself let alone others.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#23 Old 12-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

Very recently I've come to the conclusion my relationship with life, or the way I live my life, is screwed up. I'm not living the life I deserve and know I can have and I am not treating others as well as they deserve to be treated.

I'm come to the same conclusion recently

I'm not very happy with my life right now. I'm starting to realize that my friends aren't the people I thought they were, and everything seems to be falling apart
#24 Old 12-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatherineLynn View Post

I'm come to the same conclusion recently

I'm not very happy with my life right now. I'm starting to realize that my friends aren't the people I thought they were, and everything seems to be falling apart

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#25 Old 12-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Whatever it is you were breaking out from, I wish you all the best, to continuing making steady progress.

Thanks.

Quote:

Quote:

I understand ForestGlade34. It took me a while, I have to admit.

Its worth the effort.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#26 Old 12-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I like to be happy. I try to avoid being negative even though I don't always succeed.

I used to be pretty negative.
#27 Old 12-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
But look anyway, about your life and your supposed relationship with it, which maybe of your choosing or not, how you end up intentionally or not.

However you end up being, as you are, and perhaps unhappily stuck in whatever circumstances you happen to be in, this may interest you to think about HOW YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH LIFE IS:

I am not good with breaking down quotes but I thought this was interesting and very timing in my life right now.

I have been caught in a certain circumstance for years. I guess you could say I chose it in a degree, but not really. It just came with it all and I rolled with it the best I could and did what was right.

What I found out is that if I put myself out there to help others I may end up being used and the victum in the end. This is something I would never share in very detial here and no one really knows in real life either because it is so hard to explain to people. Well besides my husband.

When you are caught in the middle of something that had nothing to do with you, and you do the best you can for years upon years, and one day you make a simple mistake.......life doesn't remember all the good things you did, they just remember that one bad and all the good is wiped away.

So at this very moment.....being nice bit me in the ass and my relationship with life is sorta warped now.

Not sure if this is something you was going for in this thread or not. I just wanted to share.

Now I feel depressed. No, that felt good to get that off my chest.
#28 Old 12-18-2008, 12:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori~CL View Post

So at this very moment.....being nice bit me in the ass and my relationship with life is sorta warped now.

There's a book about how to avoid being over-nice, I found in a charity shop I saw, I will get the author & title for you assuming it could be worth a look.

Quote:

Not sure if this is something you was going for in this thread or not. I just wanted to share.

No worries.

Quote:

Now I feel depressed. No, that felt good to get that off my chest.

#29 Old 12-18-2008, 01:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I understand ForestGlade34. It took me a while, I have to admit. You have to kind of... absorb... his posts and the meaning just kicks in. If you think of them more as fluid prose than formal essays you'll get it.

Absorb? Maybe---Obviously some absorbtion is involved in the pickup but not always a thing I recommend people do a lot, if whatever material is too saturated or in-depth, by this or that author... Absorbtion which is sometimes-> aka mental weariness -> that understandably is not a thing very many people are willing to experience, and because they doubt there being a reward.. I wouldn't wish absorbtion too heavily on people basicly. except of course if they are reading guaranteeing rewarding literature. I don't read a lot myself if I think individual authors (official/amateur/regular ppl) are going to be too self absorbed for example, but the exception would be of course if they really knew what they were talking about and what they said did me good.

btw: the "fluid prose" rather than "formal essays", yeah thats ONE way to think to approach me, but I don't want people thinking I am a poet, coz I choose not to be poetic as such. But I appreciate Kiz for the sake of explaining what might work, your definition of how to approach my text such as your one about how I be.

Quote:

I really need to do some thinking on this topic before I can answer those sort of questions to myself let alone others.

Well I really hope you come back and let the world know so to speak.... the same for anyone else feeling that otherwise they have to keep it all locked away-

things about themselves, which if ignored too long can, like dreams, unfortunately die on us.
#30 Old 12-18-2008, 01:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Absorb? Maybe---Obviously some absorbtion is involved in the pickup but not always a thing I recommend people do a lot, if whatever material is too saturated or in-depth, by this or that author... Absorbtion which is sometimes-> aka mental weariness -> that understandably is not a thing very many people are willing to experience, and because they doubt there being a reward..

I wouldn't wish absorbtion too heavily on people basicly. except of course if they are reading guaranteed rewarding literature. I don't read a lot myself if I think individual authors (official/amateur/regular ppl) are going to be too self absorbed for example, but the exception would be of course if they really knew what they were talking about and what they said did me good.

btw: the "fluid prose" rather than "formal essays", yeah thats ONE way to think to approach me, but I don't want people thinking I am a poet, coz I choose not to be poetic as such. But I appreciate Kiz for the sake of explaining what might work, your definition of how to approach my text such as your one about how I be.

Quote:

Well I really hope you come back and let the world know so to speak.... the same for anyone else feeling that otherwise they have to keep it all locked away-

things about themselves, which if ignored too long can, like dreams, unfortunately die on us.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page