Just how is your relationship WITH LIFE ?? (Reality based, helpful philosophy >>...) - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 01-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Beginner

I wake, I roll, I rise, I drink coffee, I think, often too much, I drift to work in that morning fog and return home - after the mundane tasks that provide me with pay - in the evening fog to speak to a teenager that is bored with everything and had a day of doing "nothing". I turn on tv and don't watch, pull up the computer screen and read, and think, sometimes I find fire others times disgust, mostly just passing time. Only 40 more years of this, depression, hunger, and on to sleep to wait for waking to repeat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 01-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Scafe View Post

Wow man, you ask a really big question here.

remains on the quiet side. (feeling meditative)
#63 Old 01-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Scafe View Post

Wow man, you ask a really big question here.

I'm a little on the quiet side at the moment, certainly as regards this thread... but I like what you 2 guys post above in that you're being honest about your lives, however grinding or cursive the picture you paint of yourselves is (ie, VanGoesVeg- hope things get better!)....

And yo to Phil Scafe for mentioning "its a big question" that I ask, no problem, it sure is. Thanks for your little congratulation and for offering your sound presence in tune with what this is about I like it.

I'm feeling meditative though just now as I kinda said...

So to that tune, I do hope not to squeeze the life out of this thread MYSELF (nevermind anybody else) by gut busting the scene here with what I could say, as I've said all I feel like for the moment. So I'm kind of just enjoying/savoring what others like you guys above have to say before reimmersing myself in the thread again in anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 01-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Veggie Regular

VangoesVeg...

I really empathize with you, as I often feel that exact way about life.

Trying to convince myself that my existence isn't futile is a constant struggle.

It is the love of my husband, children, and friends that keep me putting one foot in front of the other most days.
#65 Old 01-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanGoesVeg View Post

I wake, I roll, I rise, I drink coffee, I think, often too much, I drift to work in that morning fog and return home - after the mundane tasks that provide me with pay - in the evening fog to speak to a teenager that is bored with everything and had a day of doing "nothing". I turn on tv and don't watch, pull up the computer screen and read, and think, sometimes I find fire others times disgust, mostly just passing time. Only 40 more years of this, depression, hunger, and on to sleep to wait for waking to repeat.

You need a fun hobby.
#66 Old 01-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post

You need a fun hobby.

I second that. My husband follows the same routine everyday and for anyone around him who cares, sees that he really needs some sort of hobbie. Work has become his hobbie/life, he's still cares about us of course, but I would like for him to take up something that has nothing to do with his career. Fortunately this weekend, if weather permits, he would like to go out with with clay pigeon thrower and spend a couple hours shooting. Not a favorite pastime I use to have, but it gives him some time alone.
#67 Old 01-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Beginner

I have hobbies - just never really get around to doing them because it kind of seems like work when I'm so tired. I am going to slot some time for myself each week to just do something fun and see if I can break out of the rut. Looking forward to it! Thanks all!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page