Just how is your relationship WITH LIFE ?? (Reality based, helpful philosophy >>...) - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 12-18-2008, 02:27 AM
Veggie Regular

dude your overuse of punctuation is killing me.

other than that I second what Marie said. Life rocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 12-18-2008, 07:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post

I like to be happy. I try to avoid being negative even though I don't always succeed.

I used to be pretty negative.

This is awesome, keep it up Marie, nykoelle thinks you said life rocks, but I think you said something a bit more than that, even though your words are few you're a mite better than you used to be or a lot?... Anyway yeah you WERE negative for a long weren't ya. But I mean now, even the fact you are posting in this thread, is pretty awesome, now that's what rocks!
#33 Old 12-18-2008, 07:10 AM
Veggie Regular

This thread makes me feel like I'm having a psychotic break from reality.

I do love you, Forest!

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 12-18-2008, 07:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykoelle View Post

dude your overuse of punctuation is killing me.

I'm sincerely sorry dude, but life is a big deal, in how it came about, including how we live it.

Or you could say: Life's like that, or "it just is you know", to everything life makes out to be, but a lot of things "just are" if don't think around what makes them RELATE, ETC....etc... and we can live life all ignorant if you want, but I like to look beneath the chasse a bit, and when I'm happy I've seen enough, I can still standback and look on in awe, without over-analyzing.
#35 Old 12-18-2008, 07:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

This thread makes me feel like I'm having a psychotic break from reality.

Well ok, I know the feeling, but you ain't gotta feel psychotic when you break things down, and just to know whats going on with you. Sometimes its better to invest in thinking over

what you are to the world and what the world is to you than to blindly assume life is all a given. Thinking takes a bit of work but sure is worth it, when you learn more about yourself, basicly is what I'm saying

To quote a favorite saying of mine I found recently, try this:

Vision without Action is a DayDream.

Action without Vision is a Nightmare.

I don't mean to get cryptic on you, but just think how utterly true this is!

Quote:

I do love you, Forest!

[attachment=7806:veryblushingalot.gif]
LL
#36 Old 12-18-2008, 07:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Baby, you are always CRYPTIC!

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#37 Old 12-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestGlade34 View Post

Vision without Action is a DayDream.

Action without Vision is a Nightmare.

I really like this saying.

It's hard for me to explain to anyone else, what my relationship with life is. I guess what it boils down to, is what I do in my life and how it effects others around, shows to them, what I make of it all. I use to compare my life with others, at least how I viewed it on the outside and thought my life sucked. As years go by and I gain some wisdom, I have started to recognize, we arent handed "any" cards to be delt with. I feel like everything we feel or have had happen, in a good or bad situation, is made up from decisions we make. Sometimes bad things in my life, years later have turned good, but I was blind and couldnt be expected to foresee the future. I feel like there is always something in the past I have done to form what is now; good or bad. Even when someone does anything hurtful to who I am, I am usually able to see how I allowed myself to be treated that way. I like to think everything happens for a reason; not some pre-destined plan, but one that was built on decisions. I am always in constant struggle to make sense of it all and why I care. Taking one day at a time, without being nieve for the future, puts me back to where I started. They say; we all have some divine purpose; I feel like I am just another insignificant "happing" in it. I don't have one defined way at looking at life I guess. I try to me optimistic, but most of the time I find myself cynical. Sometimes I think that by caring so much, to figure out my true feelings, is just my powerstruggle to be opinionated, to feed my negativity.

Ok, thats all I got right now. I don't know if what I typed even comes close to what your asking, but there it is. I'll end up putting myself in a daze, staring and talking to nature, all day, if I don't stop now. Of course, maybe I should be inviting those thoughts in even more.
#38 Old 12-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Veggie Regular

*applause shamandura, I like it, yep thats I'm looking for*

I'll have to have a think maybe before saying very much in response to that... Not because its anything strange, but because I don't want me dominating the way things, the wind, the passage of thought that eminates from each person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamandura View Post

Taking one day at a time, without being nieve for the future, puts me back to where I started.

I will rather briefly though wonder for a moment though what exactly puts you "back where you started" @[email protected]

Thats quite enigmatic the way you said that, kinda, (or is it just an awkward state of affairs- hehe) but it needn't necessarily be a bad thing *I guess* if being back where you started is like a refresher for your senses but in a secure and routine sort of way? A Way that maybe repetitive, I don't know but could be, and may not be all bad, including your being sometimes cynical, maybe a way for you to be grounded, a way to center yourself in times of uncertainty perhaps? Or at least in the early part of the day for example, the time of day when I'm guessing many people need a few moments in the day to suss a day to day plan at least to keep them ongoing as life ticks on by, and where your place is in it, is no mean feat is it? So of course you will be intruiged by what 'it' has to say about you!
#39 Old 12-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I'll have to have a think maybe before saying very much in response to that... Not because its anything strange, but because I don't want me dominating the way things, the wind, etc- the passage of thought that eminates from each person flows.

Quote:

Taking one day at a time, without being nieve for the future, puts me back to where I started.

I will rather briefly though wonder for a moment though what exactly puts you "back where you started" @[email protected]

Thats quite enigmatic the way you said that, kinda... (or is it just an awkward state of affairs- hehe) but it needn't necessarily be a bad thing *I guess* if being back where you started is like a refresher for your senses but in a secure and routine sort of way? A Way that maybe repetitive, I don't know but could be, and may not be all bad, including your being sometimes cynical, maybe a way for you to be grounded, a way to center yourself in times of uncertainty perhaps? Or at least in the early part of the day for example, the time of day when I'm guessing many people need a few moments in the day to suss a day to day plan at least to keep them ongoing as life ticks on by, and where your place is in it, is no mean feat is it? So of course you will be intruiged by what 'it' has to say about you!
#40 Old 12-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I'll have to have a think maybe before saying very much in response to that... Not because its anything strange, but because I don't want me dominating the way things, the wind, etc- the passage of thought that eminates from each person flows.

Quote:

Thats quite enigmatic the way you said that, kinda... (or is it just an awkward state of affairs- hehe) but it needn't necessarily be a bad thing *I guess* if being back where you started is like a refresher for your senses but in a secure and routine sort of way? A Way that maybe repetitive, I don't know but could be, and may not be all bad, including your being sometimes cynical, maybe a way for you to be grounded, a way to center yourself in times of uncertainty perhaps? Or at least in the early part of the day for example, the time of day when I'm guessing many people need a few moments in the day to suss a day to day plan at least to keep them ongoing as life ticks on by, and where your place is in it, is no mean feat is it? So of course you will be intruiged by what 'it' has to say about you and how then you respond to any challenges etc!
#41 Old 12-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Veggie Regular

*applause shamandura*.... I like it, yep thats what I'm looking for alrighty!!!

Quote:

Thats quite enigmatic the way you said that, kinda... (or is it just an awkward state of affairs- hehe) but it needn't necessarily be a bad thing *I guess* if being back where you started is like a refresher for your senses but in a secure and routine sort of way? A Way that maybe repetitive, I don't know but could be, and may not be all bad, including your being sometimes cynical, maybe a way for you to be grounded, a way to center yourself in times of uncertainty perhaps? Or at least in the early part of the day for example, the time of day when I'm guessing many people need a few moments in the day to suss a day to day plan at least to keep them ongoing as life ticks on by, and where your place is in it, is no mean feat is it? So of course you will be intruiged by what 'it' has to say about you and how then you respond to any challenges etc!
#42 Old 12-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I must say I found this very confusing at the start, but I kept reading and now it becomes a bit clearer in my head. So I will give it a go to express myself the best I know how.

My relationship with life..... I used to focus on a bad/horrible period of life and use that as an excuse for certain behaviours that I was not at all proud of. Time has changed, allowed me to mellow on the subject and few people now know/realise how badly I was affected, this is something that I strive for as I like to think that I am able to overcome adversity. For the second time in my life I am starting a new life soon... I have chosen in the past to take myself out of the first situation and purposefully give me time to get in touch with myself and who I am and who I want to be. Several years later having partially realised my goals I am removing myself from my situation again and choosing to do that same thing again but on a new and different level. Part of this new learning experience will be what I want my relationship with the earth and its beings to be, the people around me (as always) and the creatures that we share this planet with (a new realisation) but also my relationship with life itself.
#43 Old 12-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

Baby, you are always CRYPTIC!

<< look even my dancing is cryptic too!
#44 Old 12-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Veggie Regular

From www.dictionary.com:

cryp⋅tic

   /ˈkrɪptɪk/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [krip-tik]

–adjective Also, cryp⋅ti⋅cal.

1. \tmysterious in meaning; puzzling; ambiguous: a cryptic message.

That's the Forest I love!

#45 Old 12-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

*applause shamandura*.... I like it, yep thats what I'm looking for alrighty!!!

When constantly trying so hard, to insure a better future, I worry more about what is to come than worrying and dealing with what is happening now. People in my life have told me to go thru life one day at a time. By doing that I find myself in situations I could have avoided, with having had the security of worrying. So, I guess what I mean is, living life a day at a time with an idea on the future, seems to be a safe middle ground, but gets me no where further than where I started, but it works. I guess it's a matter of developing a better intuition and stop fearing life. I'm getting by a whole lot better with my philosophy on life, than what it was 5 years ago when I was extemely depressed with anxiety. I've accepted that this is just the way I am and I am actually happy with not being an optimist. It's just not in my nature to recognize the good things before the bad. My astrological sign as a scorpio, suits me well!

It's extremely hard to explain without the use of gestures/bodylanguage, especially when I dont have the ability of words, for the ideas floating in my head. Maybe I should work on my vocab!
#46 Old 12-18-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:

If people need to read between the lines that YOU feel are there, (concerning gramma or whatever else) then YOU need to ask the question about what it is you don't get or have misread.

Sorry Dieselmom, whats done is done, and *I'm mostly happy with it (what I wrote)* so I am NOT boiling things down unless you make an effort also. Thats the deal, or else come up with your own thought, about what you read the title to be, which IS CLEAR.

If this thread is not for you, that okays, and to some extent either you get it or you don't but if you don't ask whats up, about what you are not getting, then you're certain to fail understanding and thus partaking. Either you are open minded and have intelligence or you do not basicly is what it boils down to. And that is partly to weed out those who are just here to mock. And seriously, I CAN'T say fairer than that. I really CAN'T.

Well my goodness, you do seem to have me all figured out don't you. I'm so glad that you have decided that I am not open minded and am lacking in intelligence without having even spoken to me before and are so willing to set me straight.
#47 Old 12-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselsmom View Post

Well my goodness, you do seem to have me all figured out don't you. I'm so glad that you have decided that I am not open minded and am lacking in intelligence without having even spoken to me before and are so willing to set me straight.

Your first post struck me as kind of rude. It's a bit naff to come into a thread, ignore the point of the thread, and just put down the OP's writing style. I really doubt you meant it that way, I'm sure you were merely asking for clarification, but it did sound a bit condescending. I tend to come across as rude as well when I don't mean to be (part of what I referred to when I said I wasn't living up to my own expectations). Maybe we could both work on the rudeness thing?

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#48 Old 12-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykoelle View Post

Life rocks.

Life does rock. It's just my end of the relationship I need to work on.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#49 Old 12-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Me too
#50 Old 12-18-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

Your first post struck me as kind of rude. It's a bit naff to come into a thread, ignore the point of the thread, and just put down the OP's writing style. I really doubt you meant it that way, I'm sure you were merely asking for clarification, but it did sound a bit condescending. I tend to come across as rude as well when I don't mean to be (part of what I referred to when I said I wasn't living up to my own expectations). Maybe we could both work on the rudeness thing?

You are right, my post was not meant to be rude, just stating how the OP affected me and suggesting that if he restated it it might help. However, I think that the response I got from the OP was meant to be rude and condescending. It has been my experience that when you want to initiate conversation, it is a good idea to open with a clearly set out idea/question which that fellow failed to do in my opinion. Apparently I was not alone in thinking that. Some folks here might not mind spending the short time they have on this planet, wading through that sort of "writing style", but I do.

While he demeans people one this websight as being of little intellect except for a very few, with the kind of "writing style" he uses and then his prognostications concerning those of us who ask for clarification, he opens himself up to a diagnosis of a severely self inflated ego.
#51 Old 12-19-2008, 02:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselsmom View Post

ETA: AKA, A NOTE OF REDRESS/ & *GENUINE* APPEASEMENT!!

I dearly hope whomever 'sore' at seeing unsightly things here on VB, what lay here, that seeing what they saw that I wrote here, previous, see now, is GONE!!

(HAS NOW GONE/ is erased) **for the health of the thread** AND I REPLACE IT WITH SOMETHING MORE CLEMENT BELOW (to rectify).

Sooooo to that effect, I have just this to say to heal any misunderstanding:

I've decided words between me and deiselmom in pm have since this incident, concluded satisfactorily, thus I need not say anything deogatory, nor that is myself appearing to be nasty (either).

So without the need to bring down anyone as it may have appeared I did since I kind of reacted by reprimanding (sorry for that dieselmom! but at the time had to be cautious, in case people were attacking me which I now know where you're concerned is not so I am happy to announce and make mildly public!)...

Soooooooooooo in short (having restructured understanding privately) there was basicly just a misunderstanding of quite harmless ilk, and I mistook Dieselmom for someone who was provoking me aiming maybe to upset. But understand, people, that issue has now been resolved perfectly amicably, and there are no hard-feelings or wrong-doings.

So its not so complicated and also not without compassion I say this. Just a mixture of misread intentions and ways of expressing likewise, not always understood. So please excuse me anyone that feels that I bite too hard based on the reputation of a few bad guys, which I suspected dieselmom might be, hence about whom I was wrong to pick a fight with. soooo Good Will still prevails here as for this post, and this user and me the OP-commentator on the matter. Sorted. Long live mediation... and taking back words not meant to hurt.
#52 Old 12-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Veggie Regular

so, the basic question here is something to the effect of---

do i (zoebird) think that life is a series of sufferings in order to receive certain lessons or is it more pleasurable/optimistic than that?

i do not see the cosmos in terms of punishments and rewards, but rather an unconditional love experience. i have inherent value in the cosmos, a role as well, and overall the whole process is to be simple experienced with joy and thanksgiving.

i believe that we cocreate many experiences, and that some experience simple 'happen' to us (created by another. our reactions to what occurs is often what 'cocreates' the experience as either pleasurable or not, and both pleasure and pain/suffering can be personally rewarding and beneficial.

when i am in an experience of suffering, often created by my own reaction to whatever is occurring, then i consider it an opportunity for learning, it becomes an aspect of spiritual discipline--of striving to experience. in pleasurable reaction, it is far easier to experience, but it creates its own lessons as well.

not that this is any more clear than the question. . .i didn't read the whole OP simply because i found it convoluted, and, as a pp mentioned, i also felt like i was being "sold" something rather than invited to participate. but, the question at the end is worth discussing, so i answered that.
#53 Old 12-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

do i (zoebird) think that life is a series of sufferings in order to receive certain lessons or is it more pleasurable/optimistic than that?

-----------Zoebird wrote stuff here-----------

not that this is any more clear than the question. . .i didn't read the whole OP simply because i found it convoluted, and, as a pp mentioned, i also felt like i was being "sold" something rather than invited to participate. but, the question at the end is worth discussing, so i answered that.

yeah, fair enough, you answering the bit at the end of my OP. And thats ok.

Sorry you are the second person now I think, to feel or think you are being 'sold' something. Didn't right on occur to me it would come across quite as heavy or as dratastic as that. Anyway, you got round it and glad to have you post here what you said.
#54 Old 12-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

-----------Zoebird wrote stuff here-----------

yeah, fair enough, you are indeed just answering the bit at the end of my OP. And thats ok.

Sorry you are the second person now I think, to feel or think you are being 'sold' something.

Didn't "right on occur" to me (and certainly not by way of selling) that I would (to some)come across quite as heavy or as dratastic as that. Anyway, you got round it and glad to have you post here what you said.
#55 Old 12-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

...as a pp mentioned, i also felt like i was being "sold" something rather than invited to participate. but, the question at the end is worth discussing, so i answered that.

Yes, no offense meant, Forest, and I know you didn't mean it this way, but this is exactly the kind of stuff Scientologists* talk about when they are trying to get people interested! So I can see why some people might be nervous about posting.

*(My deceased uncle was a Scientologist.)

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#56 Old 12-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Veggie Regular

I never had scientology in mind (other than extremely marginally) when I started this thread. I am not a scientologist as far as I know, lol.... but I am curious (& cautious) about it.... even though there will be parts I find too mind crunching, lol.... and I don't know what.

But anyhow what is known to all apparently is that Scientology like most religions is not as friendly as it may appear.... etc.
#57 Old 12-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Right now I'm more interested in the cool things Obama is doing for green science & technology
#58 Old 12-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I like life - I just hate people.
#59 Old 12-24-2008, 08:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfbabe View Post

I like life - I just hate people.

[attachment=7826:Beware of People..PNG]
#60 Old 01-05-2009, 07:43 PM

Wow man, you ask a really big question here. You really seem to be able to keep on track. Bravo! I do ask myself these questions often yet have few people in my circles to carry on with. So, I thank you for bringing this up. We should all be more aware of human effects on the planet. The destruction of our little big world needs to slow down a lot, and that will only come about by changing our ecological philosophies as a human race. A small scale farm would be a nice lifeboat for me, but I know that there is a lot more that we can all do to make our planet cleaner. So often times I feel that my relationship with life is better as a recluse within my shell because I feel better when I can shut the world off and out. When I do crack my shell and set out anew, it saddens me that soooo many people could care less about the impact that they have on a planet that we all share. That is all that I have for now. I hope that your water tastes better in the UK than it does here in my city.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page