Cutest goof ups :-D - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-11-2008, 01:42 PM

hey all...what are the cutest word goof ups that ur kids make?...for example, my son says yuncle for uncle...and mockamole for guacamole
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Veggie Regular

My brother used to call me nanny (my name is dani). I acted as a temporary nanny durring the summer so it was pretty accurate
#3 Old 03-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Beginner

My son used to say "strawmerry" instead of strawberry. I thought that was cute.

I used to call his toes his "stinky toes." (I know, bad idea, lol) Anyway, for a while he thought that toes were really called stinky toes for everyone. This led to 2 goofs.

The first time, we were out walking, and a man was in his driveway washing his car barefoot. My son said loudly, "Mommy, why is that man out in his stinky toes?!?"

The other time, he stubbed his toe, and through his tears, he wailed, "Oh my STINKY toe!!"

It's best to use the correct terms for things with kids, lol. It just never occurred to me he would pick that one up like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Veggie Regular

My daughter says snoothie unstead of smoothie. Skibettie for spaghetti; that ones my favorite! When she sees snow or ice, that instantly means Christmas time to her.

When my sister was small she had trouble pronouncing the letter "F" and would call Firefighters; iher ighters. She also called computers "puters". Cute!
#5 Old 03-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Beginner

My older (obviously omni) sister used to say 'ham-bur-ger-turs' instead of 'hamburgers', and my whole family apparently thought it was hilarious.
#6 Old 03-12-2008, 02:28 AM
Veggie Regular

When reading out loud as a child I used to pronounce hour as whore. I got corrected on that one pretty quickly!!!
#7 Old 03-12-2008, 02:51 AM
Beginner

lol... when my daughter was little she couldn't say the letter k for some reason so when she would call the cat she would say come here titty... we all started calling the cat that... so in the summer when our windows were open i neighbors would always look at us funny whenever we called the cat lol
#8 Old 03-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Veggie Regular

lol, Muzz. When my brother was small, he used to say 'Pantycakes' for pancakes, and 'pasketti' for spaghetti.
#9 Old 03-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Veggie Regular

When I was little, I learned a lot of colors by using those huge boxes of crayons. For the longest time I thought "mahogany" was pronounced "ma-gon-a-hee". lol
#10 Old 03-12-2008, 10:42 AM
10YRvegan

This isn't really a word goof up but it is I think cute and kinda funny. My friend's daughter was watching a Yogi Bear show and a few days later when my friend was giving her yogurt she started saying yogi yogi. My friend thought that she wanted to watch the show again but as it turns out ever since she wants yogurt she calls for "yogi"
#11 Old 03-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Veggie Regular

my sister used to refer to spicy food as "spiky food" or even just "spiky".
#12 Old 03-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Veggie Regular

When I was little I thought "human being" was "human bean."
#13 Old 03-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicSheep View Post

When reading out loud as a child I used to pronounce hour as whore. I got corrected on that one pretty quickly!!!

I still pronouce horror as whore. I've tried to correct it, but it's stuck. When I'm talking to people about movies I've learned to call horror movies something along the lines of scary/slasher/thriller films to avoid strange looks I'd get when people thought I'd said 'whore' movie.
#14 Old 03-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinga View Post

I still pronouce horror as whore. I've tried to correct it, but it's stuck. When I'm talking to people about movies I've learned to call horror movies something along the lines of scary/slasher/thriller films to avoid strange looks I'd get when people thought I'd said 'whore' movie.

Dude, that's not your fault. Do you say "rural" like "rool", too? I have this theory that in maybe 100 years those words will no longer have the /r/ sound in the middle. They're way too hard to say - it doesn't make any sense. Quote me on that.
#15 Old 03-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Banned

I used to get words/sayings all mixed up when I was younger. Alzheimers Disease was 'Old Timers Disease', Dog-Eat-Dog was 'Doggy-Dog' and the cracked out mayor of DC, Marion Berry, was always 'Mary and Berry', which I thought everyone was talking about two people, which thoroughly confused me.
#16 Old 03-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post

Dude, that's not your fault. Do you say "rural" like "rool", too? I have this theory that in maybe 100 years those words will no longer have the /r/ sound in the middle. They're way too hard to say - it doesn't make any sense. Quote me on that.

I think I pronounce rural more like rurl. I did drop a syllable, just not the r. Having two syllables in a row with "or" endings is definitely a challenge for me to say. I can say it correctly, it's just too forced to come out without really thinking about it. In general, I pronounce my 'or' endings as 'er' anyway (error=err-er, terror= terr-er) so the double 'or' is just not happening.

On a completely different word, I did have a family-famous moment as a kid when I misunderstood 'cheers' to be 'chairs'. I'm 31 years old and I still get reminded of how I once shouted 'and tables' after a holiday cheers toast ... Cheers and tables
#17 Old 03-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Veggie Regular

My BFF's son calls me Auntie "Gicole" instead of Nicole.

My nephew wasn't able to say Nikki (only family is allowed to call me that) when he was a baby so he called me Auntie Nee-Nee. The name has stuck and now my other nephew who will be 10 next month STILL calls me that (The original nephew is almost 14).

Another friends daughter cannot pronounce her "c" "k" sounds so she calls me Nitole!
#18 Old 03-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I went camping once with my friend and her family, her little cousin used to say "tits" instead of 6. So obviously we made him count loads lol.

When I was little I used to call my Aunty Cressida "Aunty Cressid-da-da-da-da-da" and 'gabbies' for strawberries, no-one knew what I was talking about when I cried wanting 'gabbies'.

My cousin still calls me Fifona after not being able to say Fiona properly as a baby.
#19 Old 03-12-2008, 08:49 PM

My youngest cousin (2 years) is named Levi, and for the longest time, if he saw another young child about his age, he would shout, "Wee-Bi!" (Levi ) He also calls his sister La-La (her name is Lily). If he dosen't know/remember someone's name, he calls them, "Beh-beh." (Baby?)

At dinner, Lily (4 years old) almost always orders "Chicken, fries, and ketch." (Yeah, she is an omni...) She always orders the "ketch" (ketchup) with her meal.

Play-Doh is play-toh. Sometimes she asks me if we can play "Play-toh" and I tell her that we can't because Plato died a long long time ago. She looks at me kind of funny, then I tell her nevermind, we'll play playtoh now.

Lily used to call our grandparents dog "Noosh." His name is Snoopy, and I don't know how you get Noosh out of that, but it's a cute nickname.

For Lily, 'yellow' is 'low,' and 'boy' is 'boy-yoy.' Ok, it is hard to type that how she says it, but she stretches it into two syllables.

I have quite a colony of pet rats (3 cages, for a total of 8 rats) and Levi LOVES to go into my room to see them. However, he has to ask permission and get me to open the door to my room. He very often asks me, "Rabbits? See rabbits? Go see rabbits? Rabbits?" For awhile, Lily thought they were chipmunks, but now she knows they are rats, though she switches between calling them rabbits and rats. At first I didn't say what they were, because I know how impressionable children are, and Lily is kind of skittish, so I wanted her to fall in love with them first before I said they were rats. If I had told her they were rats, she probably would have been afraid and wouldn't have gone near them. However, she likes them now and hopefully she will grow up knowing rats aren't scary, evil creatures. Sadly, she is still terrified of my labrador (yet she is fine with my chow).

I will probably think of more later.
#20 Old 03-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Beginner

I used to refer to myself in the third person (the weird thing is, my cousin of the same age went through the same phase at the same time), which is linked to one of the most famous stories of all time in our family. When i was about three or four, my mom, dad and I went to have dinner at my aunt and uncles house. Once we were in the car pulling out of their driveway, I pulled over half a baguette out of my jacket and declared proudly, "Joe took those peoples bread". Everyone loves that one haha.
#21 Old 03-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Veggie Regular

My dad used call my mom (when she was worried), "O thou with the wrinkled forehead", until they realized that what I heard was "Old owl with the wrinkled forehead." (Old things are wrinkled, right?)

And for the longest time I was convinced that Thomas Jefferson was the "Father of dee-mo-crack-ee". (We had this book: http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Jeffers...858907&sr=8-11 )
#22 Old 03-19-2008, 07:42 PM

all ur responses are sooo cute! i guess ima mush ball at times :-D

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page