Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-09-2003, 11:00 AM
Veggie Regular

do you think there is such a thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-09-2003, 11:02 AM
Veggie Regular

eeeek! i am going thru it as we type. big time. there is a book titled quarter life crises i am meaning to buy. i lost the link. it's not very well written though but i bet it's worth checking out.

‎"I just think there's something in being lost. I never feel lost. I just think, 'Oh. I've taken a diversion'." ~ Karl Pilkington
#3 Old 10-09-2003, 11:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46 avocados View Post

eeeek! i am going thru it as we type. big time. there is a book titled quarter life crises i am meaning to buy. i lost the link. it's not very well written though but i bet it's worth checking out.

yeh i'm sure i'm going through one now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-09-2003, 11:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Maybe "out of college" or "Am I an adult yet" is more descriptive. I imagine people who have good jobs, children and homes before 25 probably go through this earlier.

I am 28 and felt very unsure of myself at ages 22-26. I didn't see myself as an adult and was fearful of taking the things I was capable of having as an adult.
#5 Old 10-09-2003, 11:27 AM
Veggie Regular

I absolutely believe in the phenomenon known as the Quarter Life Crisis. Been there, done that, got the emotional scars to prove it.

ETA: Loved it...every minute of it, if I hadn't experienced it, I wouldn't know who I am.
#6 Old 10-09-2003, 11:50 AM
Veggie Regular

bah. i am hating every minute of it....freaking out...but it will/is making me a stronger person...i hope.

‎"I just think there's something in being lost. I never feel lost. I just think, 'Oh. I've taken a diversion'." ~ Karl Pilkington
#7 Old 10-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quarter-life crisis? I've never heard that term, but I absolutely think I've been having one for the past two years... I'm nearly 27; when does it go away?? Maybe after I've found the job of my dreams, someone to share my life with, and a home that is my own? If so, it's going to be a long time coming...
#8 Old 10-09-2003, 12:21 PM
Veggie Regular

I've never been a believer in that mid-life or quater-life crisis stuff.....for most people I think it's more a case of [/I]perpetual life crisis[I]

m8itcanw8.com
#9 Old 10-09-2003, 12:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I dont think there's any such thing as quarter life crisis....i think for most of us it's more like perpetual life crisis

m8itcanw8.com
#10 Old 10-09-2003, 01:37 PM
Veggie Regular

*Snicker* *Snort* I went through the "quarter life" crisis after graduating from college. Oy it was painful. I graduated from school thinking that a college education would make me billions of dollars. Boy, I was wrong. I became very depressed knowing that I was 25 years old. There is this societal pressure to "have it all together" by 25. I didn't "have it all together by 25." I was very depressed because of it too. Some of us are blessed knowing what our calling is from birth. Most of us just bounce along on the boat of life trying to figure out just what the hell it is we are supposed to be doing.

Alison- 28 and finally figuring out what it is she wants to be.
#11 Old 10-09-2003, 01:41 PM

Ruthie-35 and still trying to figure it all out and pull it all together. Don't worry hon. I had one at 25 and one at 33 (a crisis of sorts).

Just try and enjoy the trip because you never really reach a final destination as everything is a constant evolution. Knowing that makes it less of a mental crisis and more of a wisdom in knowing you've already learned some of life's leasons.
#12 Old 10-09-2003, 01:55 PM
Veggie Regular

i went through a quarter life crisis...

i tried to change everything i could..

i moved to a new apartment, dropped out of college, decided to go to a new college with a new major, and am still working on getting a new car... i fluctuated between drinking too much and not drinking at all, drugs and no drugs...

none of these things really helped

its best to find out whats bothering you and start from there

but yes, its possible to have a life crisis at any point
#13 Old 10-10-2003, 01:48 AM
Veggie Regular

First you're an infant, and that's a big emotional crisis.

Then you're in the terrible two's, except they last until about 5.

Ahh, childhood, you're pretty good until about 11.

Then you're dealing with awkward pre-teen crap.

It's your teens, everyone talks about what a hormonal drama that is.

Now you're in your early 20's, that's fun for a bit.

I'm 25 already!? oh my god, I'm getting old, where am I, what am I doing...

..........and so on!

I'm pretty sure it never gets better, it's all about seizing the little moments that make it all worthwhile =).
#14 Old 10-10-2003, 05:49 AM

I so hear you blueserendipity

I'm 26 and some days i so feel like i'm still a kid but then other days everything around me is so grown up, running the kids to creche, paying the bills, the insurance is due on the car, paying a morgage..blah, blah, blah you get the picture and all i feel like doing is lying in bed till 4pm then getting up ordering a pizza and a couple of beers and playing playstation till 4am
#15 Old 10-10-2003, 08:04 AM
Banned

I think it's happens to a lot of women. They (some women) think that they're going to be married by the time they're 23 or 24, and then they feel like that might not happen, and they want kids soon.

If you feel like this, I think it's best to base your life on who you are, not your marital status, and don't base your worth on whether you have a husband or not. A woman is not a great person because of her man, or vice-versa. Learn to like yourself. I try to focus on who I am and what I can do to improve myself, and I actually prefer to be single (less hassles ).

I hope that helped. (?)
#16 Old 10-12-2003, 06:58 PM
Veggie Regular

These posts offer a lot of insight. I think a lot of my troubles were due to the misconceptions I had that I would be married, have kids, a nice paying job, and a PhD by 25. Whew! Now I don't even know if I want those things (Ok I'll take the high paying job).

People used to have good jobs and homes at 25 with kids already, but it takes longer for people now. You can't get a nice factory job right after highschool like many of our grandparents did.
#17 Old 10-12-2003, 11:39 PM

i think i got through some sorta living crisis every half year. dont try and figure life out. just do what ya do. thats all you can really.
#18 Old 10-13-2003, 11:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3gan View Post

i think i got through some sorta living crisis every half year. dont try and figure life out. just do what ya do. thats all you can really.

good advice. that is so true.

#19 Old 10-15-2003, 12:04 AM
Beginner

I am absolutely having a quarter life crisis. I just graduated from university moved across the country and now have no idea what to do next. I am going to be 25 in less than six months and I am freaking out. I am married and my husband who did not go to university has no clue why I am freaking now he thinks all I have to do is find a job and I'll be fine. Now I just am open to whatever calls me. Which is sort of what led me to this page. I am not even a vegetarian. I accidently happened across a PeTA page yesterday while looking for a pet store to buy my dog a new collar. Now I have no idea what I am going to eat or wear for the rest of my life. I just hope that I can survive to 26.
#20 Old 10-18-2003, 06:52 AM

Mines lasted nearly two years lol. I think it come about because at 18 I failed my exams and the only way forward was to set myself targets. Now i'm 26, 27 next month and I've either achieved my targets or dont even want to start ie having kids. So now I 'm left wondering what to do next? It doesnt help that I'm still 18 in my head but viewed by others as being a grown up. Most days the last thing I feel like being is an adult, but I keep on working, paying the mortgage and doing the housework. Still wine helps

Suz
#21 Old 10-20-2003, 01:18 PM

Maybe "out of college" or "Am I an adult yet" is more descriptive. I imagine people who have good jobs, children and homes before 25 probably go through this earlier

I am only 23, but I am married and have two kids... I was very irresponsibe and did A LOT of bad things before I had my daughter, so I think the change in my life so suddenly has made me pretty overwhelmed at times, which sometimes makes me feel like I am having a nervous breakdown! But I guess I coulnt call mine a life crisis, so now I am rambling!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page