Matchmaking 2008 - Page 21 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#601 Old 09-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I guess I scare people away.

I am a bit crazy.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#602 Old 09-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlystar View Post

I guess I scare people away.

I am a bit crazy.

You don't scare me...
#603 Old 09-23-2009, 10:18 AM

First name: Katie

Gender preference: Either

Age preference: Open

Level of veggie-ism: lacto-ovo with vegan tendencies

General interests: Pet rescue, anime, Xena:WP, writing, nature, boating, psychology, philosophy, history

What I look for in a partner: Must love pets! Must be somewhat androgynous (either a more feminine guy, or a woman who can kick my ass. ). "Big strong guy" or "damsel in distress" doesn't do it for me. I'd take Joxer over Hercules, and Xena over Gabrielle any day. I also dislike alcohol and drugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#604 Old 11-04-2009, 12:33 PM

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 165 lbs.

Orientaion: Straight.

Current Location: The Woodlands, TX (just north of Houston).

Willing to relocate: Yes.

Eating Habits: Fully dedicated vegan. I've been vegan for almost 5 years now, and was lacto-vegetarian for 8 years before transitioning to veganism. It's a huge part of my life, and it's something that will never change.

General interests: Astronomy, Autumn, Badminton, Board Games, Bowling, Cooking, Earth Science, Exploring Nature, Goegraphy, Geology, Hiking, Inline Skating, Meditation, Miniature Golf, Mountain Biking, Music, Philosophical Taoism, Pool, Reading, Swimming, Nature, Outdoors, Veganism, Vegans, Video Games, etc.

Some traits that describe me are: Affectionate, Compassionate, Creative, Curious, Earthy, Faithful, Friendly, Generous, Honest, Imaginative, Intuitive, Loving, Loyal, Open-Minded, Playful, Romantic, Sensitive, Sweet, and Unique.

What I am looking for:

*You're vegan.

*You're Atheist, Buddhist/Taoist, or Spiritual/Non-religious.

*You don't smoke/use tobacco products.

*You don't drink alcohol "excessively".

*You're affectionate and like affection.

*You like, or don't mind, a man with body hair.

*You're monogamous and faithful.

http://www.myspace.com/c_brandt

http://www.facebook.com/c.brandt83
#605 Old 11-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm gonna try this

First name: Janet

Gender preference: Male only

Age preference: If you can keep up with me, I'd take reasonable offers. :P

Level of veggie-ism: Die Hard Vegan/activist

General interests: Animal rights! I love paintball, camping, hiking and other outdoor things. I also love Greek Mythology, astrology and some astronomy. I do a lot of dog training. I teach them agility, search and rescue (they are not certified, its for their enjoyment) and swimming/boating.

Looking for: Must be animal rights activist. I like down to earth people with a clear sense of who they are. Someone who drinks occasionally is fine, but not daily, smoking is a no and drugs, no. Must be willing to handle me and my dogs, we are a package deal. A package of insanity maybe, but they're with me to stay. He can't have cats since one of my dogs WILL kill them. I can't have children since I've been "fixed". I don't mind if you have children already, but I won't provide you any. I need someone tall. :/

I am: Honest, outgoing, driven, blunt, down to earth and a realist. Enough sugar coating...I can sometimes be hard headed but I'm not unchangeable, just convince me otherwise. On animal issues I am often uncompromising. I do not like over-emotional or snuggle bunny types and I'm not the romantic sort. I do love to laugh, make me laugh and all is good.
#606 Old 11-04-2009, 02:07 PM

I have a boyfriend, but I thought this would be a good way to introduce myself and meet some of you

First name: Darci

Gender preference: male

Age preference: 18-25

Level of veggie-ism: lacto-ovo - I don't eat a lot of eggs or dairy, but I'm not picky about avoiding things that have them in the ingredients.

General interests: being outside, going out with friends, being active, having fun

I'd love to make some new veggie friends!
#607 Old 11-04-2009, 03:03 PM

First name (optional): Christina

Gender preference: Male

Age preference: 25-40

Level of veggie-ism: vegan

General interests: people, places, food, music in the form of real-life, print, video, or audio recording.

Looking for: Someone who understands my crazy need to seek out extraordinary experiences and might be willing to come with me.
#608 Old 11-05-2009, 11:21 AM

First name: Leo

Gender preference: Female

Age preference: 21-35ish

Level of veggie-ism: Vegan

General interests: Running, biking, rock climbing, music (indie, noise, folk), movies (horror, comedy, horror-comedy), books (Vonnegut, Ellis, Pahalniuk, but anything really)...

It's worth a shot! I don't know many veg*ns anymore.
#609 Old 11-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular

First name: Selina

Gender preference: I have no criteria for sex or race, I just wanna hear your voice, just wanna see your face (to quote Ani Difranco)

Age preference: Depends on the level of maturity the person has... I am attracted to strong and independent people. I would not consider dating below 20.

General interests: Politics, social movements, grassroots media, environmental issues, feminism, spirituality, music, ecology, anecdotes, raves, cooking, walking around barefoot

About me: Ask my friends... Though I have been described as loyal, funny and very friendly. I have no issue with talking to strangers, but I have dyspraxia so sometimes don't get people. I am not especially 'cultured' when it comes to the arts and not in to theatre due to having the attention span of a fish... But I am a lover of music.

Looking for: Fun, funky, open-minded people... I have a soft spot for geeks... I'd love to meet people to go to raves with, or just chill in the park.

Friendship-wise... Down to earth, genuine people. Keep hassle to a minimum and we'll get along!

Relationship-wise... Somebody spontanious, passionate and who is just as happy watching trashy films indoors and eating copious amounts of Swedish Glace, as going to a rave, or gallery, or the country. I'm not in to wining and dining, or any of that posh stuff... I'm low maintenance and don't like things moving too fast... I mean like... Take it easy, have fun... See what happens and if it doesn't, you got a friend.
#610 Old 11-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by le0p View Post

General interests: Running, biking, rock climbing, music (indie, noise, folk), movies (horror, comedy, horror-comedy), books (Vonnegut, Ellis, Pahalniuk, but anything really)...

I flirt with you!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#611 Old 11-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Veggie Regular

I am a huge flirt!!!

Marilyn Monroe
#612 Old 11-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
First name Melodie

Gender I'm a girl!

Gender preference Either (although I have never had a real "relationship" with a girl, their choice)

Age 29

Age preference 24-35 maybe

Location I am in Tampa, FL

Level of veggie-ism ovo lacto veg (cutting back a lot on the ovo part they make me not feel so good)

General interests Well I love live music and art of any kind. I play a lot of silly games and love board game nights. I love to try new and different things to do. I enjoy reading. I love to go out but also love to stay at home and snuggle. I love horror movies and cheesy B movies. anyway, I have no clue whatelse to say so ask!

I am cool!

My old one but redone because i am older.

Marilyn Monroe
#613 Old 11-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Veggie Regular

i'm not really looking to date on here, but if it happens it happens. just felt like putting myself out there and meeting new people.

First name: axia

Gender preference: definitely both, it would appear

Age preference: seeing as i met some 19 year olds more mature than some 20-somethings i know... i don't really have an age preference. it's more of a maturity level issue. i'm not looking to go cradle robbing though. and seeing someone past their 20s would be pushing it a bit. so let's just say... 19-26

Level of veggie-ism: vegan

General interests: animal rights, feminism, healthy living, art, art history, graphic design, books, shakespeare, native americans, good food, asian soap operas, coffee, running, dogs, fashion

About me: the good: i'm very shy around most people, but very outgoing with my friends. i'm fiercely loyal to people i care about, and i have a very bubbly personality. i like to make people feel special, and i love just hanging out. doesn't matter if its just us, a party, or a coffee shop. if i'm with my favorite people we're going to have a good time i may appear to be "high maintenance" but when it comes to my expensive taste, i'm self reliant. i'm a hard worker, and believe that everyone should work for what they've got. the bad: i'm a little anal...i'm possessive by nature, and get jealous easily, but only if Im insecure in a relationship. i'm passive aggressive, and have a hard time expressing my emotions verbally and physically. and i'm a bit talkative. also, not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but i'm a serious person by nature. don't get me wrong, i love acting silly, but as a rule of thumb, i'm more serious minded, and so i tend to take things (but not everything) seriously. i guess i have a bit of a "all or nothing" personality. (now that i sound like a complete *****... :P )

Looking for:
friendship, really in general, loyalty. i don't like mind games, and i don't deal well with people who try to use others. also, i'm not into casual dating. i don't like juggling multiple people, and i also don't like to share with others. i believe that if you're interested in someone, you should give them an honest chance. and if it doesn't work out, then just move on. I dont care what your taste in music is, or what your fashion sense is either. i am a major girlie girl, but don't treat me like a baby. doesn't matter if i'm with a guy or girl, i may always be the "girl" in the relationship, but i'm by no means submissive, and i mean that in everyway possible.

i like someone who can be sweet and funny, is a good listener, but also wants to share things with me. if it's a guy, i don't want him to be afraid to loosen up and tell me he's afraid of the dark, or be afraid to cry during a sad movie. if it's a girl, i don't want her to think she's got to be tough as nails or never let her hair down. i don't care if she's more feminine or boyish, but it would be cool if she'd get dolled up with me on occasion

for the most part i like non-dramatic, relatively intelligent, and compassionate people.
#614 Old 11-06-2009, 08:04 AM

Hehehe why not!

First name: Karlyne

Gender preference: Male

Age preference: 21 - 35ish?

General interests: Comics, TV shows(sci-fi, comedies, geeky stuff!), drawing, design, fashion, musicals, movies, video games, cosplay...

About Me: I'm studying fashion at the moment and am really a very odd one out amongst my peers, being vegan and a huge geek.. I'm anti-fur, wool, silk, whatever that comes from an animal, I refuse to use in my designs.. As for the geek part, I have a degree in animation, which contributes a boatload towards my geekiness and leads to me being labelled the 'anime girl' by my fashion lecturers.. Funnily enough, I hardly watch anime.. Haha~ I love video games, sci-fi, horror, fantasy, comics(american & japanese), animations, musicals, cosplay.. The geek-list goes on and on.....

Looking For: I'm very open, really.. But someone who has similar tastes would be nice! Then again, someone with different tastes can always introduce me to new things! =)
#615 Old 11-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by le0p View Post

do you live in/around philly? im from bucks county.
#616 Old 11-10-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleSau View Post

do you live in/around philly? im from bucks county.

Hey!

Yep, I'm in the Royersford/Phoenixville area. I used to have some friends in Bucks but they all moved in the last year or so.
#617 Old 11-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Nobody lives in Minnesota, it seems.
#618 Old 11-10-2009, 09:47 PM

First name (optional) Marc

Gender Male

Gender preference Female

Age 40

Age preference 30-40

Location Bellingham Wa

Level of veggie-ism Vegan

General interests Cooking, movies, dining in Seattle, anything outside.
#619 Old 11-15-2009, 12:43 AM

First name (optional): Kate

Gender preference: I seem to bond with men more, but I'm open-minded. I like geeks/intellectuals/compassionate folks. Be yourself.

Age preference: 25-40

Level of veggie-ism: Vegetarian, though I cook mostly vegan.

General interests: Cooking, reading, computers, science (meteorology, astronomy, stargazing), travel, cultural events and activities. I like to be mentally stimulated as much as possible.
#620 Old 11-15-2009, 05:14 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveVegan View Post

You guys are making me feel old.

me too...feeling old here.. lots and lots of scrolling looking for someone over 45..
#621 Old 11-15-2009, 07:10 AM
Beginner

First name: Ice

Age preference: 18 and up

Dimensions: 6' 1" 200lbs

Level of veggie-ism: Vegetarian for health reasons.

General interests: Dining out, cuddling, resistance training, martial arts, NFL.

Looking for: Long-term relationship with a woman who is intelligent, physically fit, and politically progressive.

Willing to relocate: Yes, even to another country.
#622 Old 12-03-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Veggie View Post

Bah, I'm a 'single vegan guy' that are apparently in demand, yet I have got *no* interest whatsoever from this thread.

Same here.
#623 Old 12-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Single vegan guy here as well.

Hmmmm.
#624 Old 12-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Veggie Regular

First name chelsea~lynn

Gender female

Gender -preference male

Age- umm upper teens

Age preference- anywhere between 16 to like 19 or early 20

Location- north carolina where the cows are all you need to know

Level of veggie-ism- Im a huge vegetarian in the process of going VEGAN!!

General interests- music, animal rights, writing, marilyn monrow movies,talking,democrats only please!!! politics

i may be to young but hey if any veggie teenagers look at it feel free to message me
#625 Old 12-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Veggie Regular

First name (optional) Kerri

Gender Female

Gender preference Men

Age 21

Age preference 20-35ish

Location Southern AZ

Level of veggie-ism Vegan

General interests Vegan baking, Reading, Writing, Adventuring, Music, Photography, Animal Rights

A good heart and a sense of adventure are necessary!
#626 Old 12-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Beginner

Hi Kerri.
#627 Old 12-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I think I've posted in this once before, buuuuut I can't find it. So i'll do it again.

First name (optional): Lauren! :]

Gender preference: Male, but I'm down for meeting all kinds of new people! YAY.

Age preference: 21-28

Level of veggie-ism: Vegan.

General interests: baking/cooking. SNOWBOARDING. being outdoors. swimming. being crazy. reading. listening to and finding awesome music. dancing. animals/animal rights. eating veggies. working with dogs. my dog. hiking. camping.
#628 Old 12-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Beginner

Lauren you have a pretty smile.
#629 Old 12-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by icepick View Post

Lauren you have a pretty smile.

Aww, gee. Thanks!
#630 Old 12-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Veggie Regular

First name (optional): John

Age preference: 18-30

Level of veggie-ism: Vegetarian

General interests: playing guitar, listening to music, reading, philosophy, The Simpsons, my cat.

i hear in my mind all of these voices
i hear in my mind all of these words
i hear in my mind all of this music

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page