I've developed a tick *really long/rant* - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-21-2007, 11:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Seriously. For the last three days I've had this tick over my left eye. I can see my eyelid move when I look in the mirror. I've been under a lot of stress lately both personal and at work. When I'm stressed my body does strange things (get muscle cramps, bad headaches that last for days, mess up my menses, make me a not so nice person). It starts on the drive to work and ends on the ride home unless I'm talking about work or other stressful things. Does this mean I'm going crazy?

Background: I'm 18 and I just went through/am going through a really tough breakup. As in, we've broken up four times in the last 1.5 but staying together/staying apart just doesn't quite... stick(?). We both want our cake and we want to eat it too.

He's been out of a job for the last 6 weeks and 'may not be able' to come up with his half of the rent. Forget the fact that I think he's put in a total of 10 applications over this time period. Oh, and his cell phone has been turned of so he isn't able to get any calls for interviews anyway. He's a good guy but when you add: lazy + depressed + unemployed = contempt for the whole process and an unwillingness to try anymore. My name is on the lease which is why I've been paying half anyway, if he can't come up with his half they are taking it out of the security deposit I put down.

I'm under tremendous financial stress too. I'm paying half the rent for an apartment I haven't lived in since May. I'm also responsible for my grandmothers car payment. It's $20 shy of $400 a month. That's not counting my car, my cell, my car insurance and my own food/gas/misc. necessary purchases. Including cigarettes.. I know, I know, I'm cutting way back and I'm planning on quitting after Christmas, I work retail and quitting now is just not an option for me.

I just can't get ahead! My gas bill is a month behind, the fire insurance was suspended but I did manage to get that paid today. I'm two months behind on my grandmothers car, I gave her the car payment but she used it for other bills that I didn't know needed to be paid/existed.

I'm planning to get a second job. I've done this off and on for two years already so another little bit won't hurt. My only problem is that my 'day' job needs me to be available anytime from 5a.m. until 7-9p.m. I'm trying to see if it is feasible to work at one of the three 24 hour places close to my current job so I can work the overnight then go to my store. I'm not sure how that's going to work.

When I brought up the fact that I needed to get a second job to my general manager she basically told me that once our Christmas/holiday season is over she will probably demote me. I'm head of our second largest departments in the store and she needs me available whenever the business needs me. I will add that the department head of the largest department has two other jobs and is in school. And he has been for the last six years, hes trying for the second time to finish this semester. When I brought this up she told me that she doesn't make special arrangements for his other jobs and she's only willing to work with people who are in school and not people who want second jobs. May I add that two of the supervisors have second jobs?

I want to be in school so bad I can taste it! (Literally, I want to go to culinary. ) I'm not going to be like my mom who is 43 years old and is still paying on her loans and makes less than 28k a year!

I'm stressed, freaking out and HAVE DEVELOPED A TICK! I don't even know if I need advice, I just really needed to get it out. All of my friends have left the state in the last year, my mom got married 14 months ago so all she wants to talk about is her new hubby and the rest of the family wants to complain about her new hubby. I feel completly stuck.

Thanks for reading my book!

Rebbecca

*If this isn't the correct forum will a mod be kind enough to move it please?*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-22-2007, 06:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Eye twitches can happen from lack of sleep or stress. They usually clear up on their own in a few days. Try to find some activities that will relieve some stress, like meditation, long hot bubble baths, any sort of personal time calming thing that might relax you.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#3 Old 11-22-2007, 07:03 AM
Veggie Regular

I've had eye twitches in past...I never gave them much thought and they never lasted more than a few days...sometimes less than that. I agree that given the info in 'your book', destressing might be a good idea!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Veggie Regular

My partner gave me an eye tick on purpose by startling me repeatedly during a stressful time. Ass.

You need to get your own life together before you start worrying about your partner's. Kick his ass out or find a smaller place on your own.
#5 Old 11-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm trying to destress, I'm just not very good at it. And I'm living with my grandmother (where I've been since May) - the problem is that he still lives in the apartment that legally is ours. So, if he doesn't pay I don't get my money. The twitch hasn't been too bad today. Actually, until my stepfather called me fat I hadn't had it all day! It's gone away now that I'm at home with just the pups. I'm just staying at home the rest of the day and eatin' me some leftover pie!

Thanks y'all. Happy tofurkey day!

Rebbecca
#6 Old 11-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I've experienced the eye tick too and it drove me nuts....after a while it went away when I finally stopped thinking about it. I hope things get better for you soon
#7 Old 11-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes, the eye tic is normal. Are you drinking more caffeine or smoking more? That could be part of it too. Yes, definitely try to relax and not feel guilty for relaxing once in a while. Maybe exercise, meditate, do stretching/yoga, or just read a fun book with some hot chocolate. (non-dairy of course!)
#8 Old 11-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post

Yes, the eye tic is normal. Are you drinking more caffeine or smoking more? That could be part of it too. Yes, definitely try to relax and not feel guilty for relaxing once in a while. Maybe exercise, meditate, do stretching/yoga, or just read a fun book with some hot chocolate. (non-dairy of course!)

More caffeine, less nicotine. I realized how much caffeine I've been having and I cut waaaay back this last week.

I took a nice long walk after work last night and I think I'm going to do it again after dinner. And thanks Thalia, now I have a chocolate craving and all the stores are closed.
#9 Old 11-22-2007, 10:37 PM

Why are you paying $400 p.m. for your grans car? That seems like a big responsibility for an 18 y.o. amongst all the other stuff. cant you get rid of some of these hassles before your tick turns into a stroke
#10 Old 11-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post

Why are you paying $400 p.m. for your grans car? That seems like a big responsibility for an 18 y.o. amongst all the other stuff. cant you get rid of some of these hassles before your tick turns into a stroke

The car is in my grandmothers name due to my moms poor credit score. When my mom got married she could no longer afford the car. She gave it back to my G'ma who lives on a (fixed) disability check. I've been paying on it since May and as of this month I have 10 payments left. No one else in my family can afford it/wants to bother with it. I can't leave my grandmother without a car that is so close to being hers.

I am slightly woried about the stroke bit.

Thanks y'all.

Rebbecca
#11 Old 11-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Update:

Well one stress is off. I just my last rent payment. My boyfriend and I also called it quits today. We're too young for this and I have far too much going on. So we've decided to split. I made him promise that he would date. So... Yeah. I'm slightly depressed but it was completly mutual and it's really good for both of us.
#12 Old 11-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYet View Post

Update:

Well one stress is off. I just my last rent payment. My boyfriend and I also called it quits today. We're too young for this and I have far too much going on. So we've decided to split. I made him promise that he would date. So... Yeah. I'm slightly depressed but it was completly mutual and it's really good for both of us.

Glad to hear things are changing in a positive direction.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page