Men who love cats- HOT! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Veggie Regular

http://www.menandcats.com

Devoted to men who love cats.

And there is something very sexy about the picture in this post.

http://www.menandcats.com/?p=156

This cat-loving man is certainly no pussycat. (Do I sound like a local news anchor?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Men who love cats get all the attention, and men who love mongooses (like me -- I mean men like me, I'm not a mongoose) are pushed aside

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#3 Old 10-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Beginner

Yes, I admit that one of the things that drew me to my boyfriend initially was that he loved his cat so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Veggie Regular

I agree, men who love cats are HAWT! My boyfriend, for example.
#5 Old 10-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Men who love cats get all the attention, and men who love mongooses (like me -- I mean men like me, I'm not a mongoose) are pushed aside

Well cats are related to mongooses!
#6 Old 10-20-2007, 03:31 PM

My boyfriend loves our cats. He had a Cat called Sassy who he loved very very much but unfortuately had to let someone else look after her due to his horrible dad.

He always talks about how he misses her and even dreams about her. But now we have our own home and have three of the buggers... and they are all long haired and very fluffy.
#7 Old 10-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Veggie Regular

I just found an article that Edward Gorey loved cats, living with up to six at a time.

He is famous for having a raccoon fur coat but came to feel guilty about it. He then let raccoons move into his attic without calling pest control and left his money to animal welfare groups. Click link for great picture.

http://www.harvardmagazine.com/2007/...ard-gorey.html

If you don't know who Gorey was, you'd recognize his work. I only heard of him a few years ago. He was most likely a huge influence on Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas. He did books with an absurd, dark sense of humor with interesting illustrations. He also did the intro illustration to the show Mystery!
#8 Old 10-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Beginner

That's very cool about Edward Gorey! I'm a huge fan of his illustrations.
#9 Old 10-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Animal behaviourist Kevin Richardson has such an intimate bond with big cats that he can spend the night curled up with them without the slightest fear of attack

Don't believe it. One day they just might decide to take a dislike to something he does and decide to pounce on him. It's happened to plenty of other people who work with animals.

m8itcanw8.com
#10 Old 10-21-2007, 06:19 AM
Veggie Regular

My bf loves my cats and is regularly caught snuggling with one of them. They have a routine when he gets home from work that my bf HAS to go to the bedroom and sit on the bed so Monchichi can climb on him and love him all over. If he doesn't Monchichi won't shut up. It's so cute

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#11 Old 10-21-2007, 06:44 AM
Veggie Regular

my bf loves our cats. Maggie will climb on him and sleep on him and Dorian will hug your leg until you pick him up. Allen will sit with the kitties after work and really really likes playing with them. Maggie plays "fetch" with him with her mouse, because she likes to run up and down the hall so much..
#12 Old 10-21-2007, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Contribute to menandcats.com

Just send an e-mail to [email protected] with a picture of you and your cat(s)! Please include your name, your cat's name, and a little bit about you and your cat.

You Cat lovin' VB men (brandon comes to mind!) should submit photos.
#13 Old 10-21-2007, 11:21 AM

I adore cats, they are by far the animal I most love to be around. I'm afraid I'm not much of dog person, although really like Labradors.

When I get my own flat I'm definately going to have a few cats to keep me company
#14 Old 10-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissG View Post

My boyfriend loves our cats. He had a Cat called Sassy who he loved very very much but unfortuately had to let someone else look after her due to his horrible dad.

He always talks about how he misses her and even dreams about her. But now we have our own home and have three of the buggers... and they are all long haired and very fluffy. The eldist is actually Sassy's son and the twins are her grandchildren.

I hope everyone has been spayed and neutered by now (including the other kids and grandkids).

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#15 Old 10-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

I hope everyone has been spayed and neutered by now (including the other kids and grandkids).

Really? Well I haven't been neutered yet.

--

When I was younger I preferred cats living with us. I would probably adopt a cat or few from a shelter if I could justify to myself feeding them other dead animals, but unfortunately I cannot.

I believe everything.
#16 Old 10-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogardsram View Post

Really? Well I haven't been neutered yet.

Don't worry about it until authorities start killing multiple millions of your unwanted offspring in US shelters each year.

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#17 Old 10-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Don't worry about it until authorities start killing multiple millions of your unwanted offspring in US shelters each year.

Gosh... Multiple millions you say?

I believe everything.
#18 Old 10-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Veggie Regular

My bf loves cats! Mt past bf's haven't liked them... not wonder they didn't last!!
#19 Old 10-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

When I was younger I preferred cats living with us. I would probably adopt a cat or few from a shelter if I could justify to myself feeding them other dead animals, but unfortunately I cannot.

You can try try the vegan food with supplementation, but you need to be very consistent about check-ups and blood level monitoring for them. I think it's possible to feed a cat vegan, you just have to be a lot more careful about their health at this point in history, and find a vet willing to work with you. You can also supplement with thrown-out leftovers from restaurants too, perhaps, if you want some amount of animal-based food (if you can arrange something like that). If it's the difference between life and death for a cat, and you can afford the effort and care, I think it could be worth it.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#20 Old 10-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Gosh... Multiple millions you say?

The reportation of the number of domestic animals killed in shelters in the US each year varies - from, I don't know, 6 to 8 million or so. There are many more cats than dogs killed in shelters, I understand (and not to mention all the millions of unwanted cats starving, getting hit by cars, etc. out on the streets).

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#21 Old 10-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, I've thought of that Irizary. I'm concerned about vegan cats and have not educated myself enough on the topic. I'm a little concerned I won't be able to put the time or money into making sure the cat(s) are healthy. So for now, I won't be adopting cats.

I believe everything.
#22 Old 10-21-2007, 01:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

The reportation of the number of domestic animals killed in shelters in the US each year varies - from, I don't know, 6 to 8 million or so. There are many more cats than dogs killed in shelters, I understand (and not to mention all the millions of unwanted cats starving, getting hit by cars, etc. out on the streets).

Oh you were talking about domestic animals.

I thought you were talking about my offspring.

I believe everything.
#23 Old 10-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Veggie Regular

#24 Old 10-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Brandon View Post

Attachment 10852

Awww, I wanna hug it so bad!
#25 Old 10-21-2007, 09:50 PM

I have to say out of the thousands of men I have dated - my husband is the first guy ever that grew up with cats and loves them. Most just had a dog and hated cats. "like that was not manly or something, heh."

His family has this photo album when he was little with the cats that he grew up with. It was sad how some died. At least he has pics. He talks about it sometimes.
#26 Old 10-22-2007, 09:50 AM

Quote:

Its a long story to go into... but one of the reasons we left his fathers house was because the way he was to Sassy.

You can have whatever opinions you like on people neutering their animals but there is no need for being *****y to me, that won't get you anywhere.
#27 Old 10-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Veggie Regular

You know, dog and cat people get all the attention. What about us bird and bunny lovers?

I need to get a new pet. I miss my little birdie.

--Fromper

#28 Old 10-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

You Cat lovin' VB men (brandon comes to mind!) should submit photos.

I might if I had any of he and I. I only have one older one from New Years' 1999 and the avatar one I use here sometimes.

I'll attach it here, so you can see why I wouldn't probably submit that one. Not the greatest pic.

I have tons of pics of Arlo....just none of "us".

Attachment 10854
#29 Old 10-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Conversely, are women who love dogs hot to men? Or are women in general hot?

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#30 Old 10-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Brandon View Post

I have tons of pics of Arlo....just none of "us".

Does your arm not reach that far?

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page