Boyfriend taking a next small step - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Veggie Regular

My boyfriend turned vegetarian a while ago, and is doing great!! I went vegan soon after and i never used the word "vegan" to my boyfriend... i just said i don't want to eat eggs and milk because i don't like the idea of them, and that i'm being careful to not eat anything with those things in. He asked why and i explaned it to him, he just said "far enough" lol.

Well the other day it clicked with him, we went out for a drive and he said "Hmm i guess you could say that you're a vegan now, right?" I said yeah i am.. and he laughed and said "Wow... i'm not going that far!"

Later on that evening he asked if he could have some of my soya milk, decided he liked it and said he might start using soya milk Yay hehe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-19-2007, 02:11 PM

That's awesome!!!! Several years ago, my boyfriend went vegetarian because I wouldn't ever let him bring meat into my apartment. He agreed to go vegetarian, but said he'd never do that "vegan thing". When I decided to go vegan almost two years ago, he supported it and said he would try it for 30 days, but he reserved the right to go back to vegetarianism and that I would never catch him checking the back of a package for non-vegan ingredients. Fast forward almost two years and we're both very happy vegans and let me tell you, he's the first one to turn a package over and look for the "hidden" ingredients (whey, casein, etc.) that we can't have.

It will make it much easier on you if he'll try going vegan with you, but if he doesn't right away, when he tastes all the delicious vegan food you're eating, I bet he'll be hooked!
#3 Old 09-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh that's great! =]

"May all that have life be delivered from suffering."
~ Buddha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-20-2007, 04:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh wow AJ Veggie Girl, that's ace!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page