What do you love the most about your significant other? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-04-2007, 10:52 PM

I figured it would be cool to make a post about the things you love about your significant other...maybe post something about your favorite physical feature of theirs, something sweet they did for you, or how they came through for you in a difficult situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh my gosh, where to start?

As if everyone on VB doesn't already know how many wonderful things I love about my sweetie.....

Let's see - a trip down VB memory lane....

I love how much he loves me...

...and...

how he's always thinking about me.

...and...

I love how sweet he is, even (and especially ) when he's being corny.

...and...

He misses me like crazy when I'm not around.

...and...

And he's always there for me when I need him.

...and... (one of the most important reasons I love him...)

He was willing to give 'us' a second chance.

Also...

He's romantic and thoughtful.

...and...

He takes good care of me.

...and...

Even the smallest things I do make him happy!

...and...

He's insatiable.

...and...

Mmmm, and did I mention he smells good?

Oh yeah, We're just obnoxiously cute.What else can I say?
#3 Old 02-05-2007, 03:59 AM
Banned

He likes to party as much as I do and basically, he's hawt.

*sigh* how vile...I think I just channelled paris hilton.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-05-2007, 04:29 AM
Veggie Regular

My boyfriend accepts me how I am. He fights with me in my recovery from anorexia and loves me despite the damage the disease has done to me, both physically and emotionally. He makes me feel beautiful and desirable. He is patient, thoughful and kind.

I know I can trust him, utterly. I can trust him with my heart and one day, if we are blessed, I know I can trust him to be a caring, loving and responsible father to our children. There's no price that could be put on that, I think many women would agree.

He makes me want to be a better woman, so I can give him everything he deserves, I want to be able to make him happy every day of his life.

He makes me want to live, which is not something that has come naturally to me in many years. I am a lucky woman and wanted to express my gratitude
#5 Old 02-05-2007, 04:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Genetalia.
#6 Old 02-05-2007, 05:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Everything. I love him with all of my heart and soul. He's my soulmate, my best friend, partner and lover. He is incredibly sweet, kind, caring, sensitive, passionate, supportive, and he always makes me laugh and smile. We're currently living in different countries and we're not moving together until August, so he sent me a package a few weeks ago with his favorite shirt (smelling like his wonderful aftershave), his lucky guitar pick (he's getting a Jazz Major), a DVD of his latest concert and the most beautiful letter ever... It means the world to me that he does things like that... Also, we have this thing that we never say "goodbye" to each other. The last thing we say when we talk is always "I love you", cause that's what we want the other to keep in mind... He is my life.
#7 Old 02-05-2007, 07:48 AM

I forgot a few things in my first post...

Taking me to New Orleans for a Halloween masquerade ball and buying me a ball gown to wear.

Buying me Hello Kitty things even though he hates Hello Kitty.

Telling me he loves me multiple times per day.

Always making me feel attractive.

Taking care of me when I was loopy and *****y after gum surgery (putting up with my waaaaaa my mouth hurts stuff ha ha.)

Not being offended when I bite his head off because I have low blood sugar and need to eat (I get pretty mean!).

He isn't a prude in bed.

He doesn't want me to change anything about myself.

Evil and witty sense of humor.

Genius level IQ.

We never run out of things to talk about...he actually likes chatting with me about science, sumerian mythology, disease, nutrition, classic literature, and goth music.
#8 Old 02-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Veggie Regular

well we are in lovvvvvveeeee. shes understanding.. shes the nicest girl, shes soo fun, shes beautiful, and a vegetarian!!
#9 Old 02-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Veggie Regular

hes the only guy i ever met that openly collected and named stufffed animals.

during the hardest time in my life, he stood by me and let me cry on his shoulder.

he forgets what hes talking about while hes saying it.(hes still one of the smartest people i know)

he likes Jane Austin movies.

hes not worried what anyone thinks of him.

he is vegan and loves animals.
#10 Old 02-05-2007, 09:43 AM

Heh. Despite the upgrades, VB has not enough space to store the words describing how wonderful my love is.

He came across an ocean, just to meet me.

When I'm getting all passionate and worked up over something that maybe I haven't thought through completely, he quietly says "well, maybe...."

He's this grown-up, smart scientist-man , but he's still insanely ticklish.

He eats my sometimes experimental cooking without making faces.

He knows I'm perfectly capable of taking of myself, but still locks the door when he leaves in the morning, and worries about whether I'm eating enough leafy green vegetables.

He remembers. (all sorts of things from anniversaries to cream of tartar)

He's wonderful and amazing and kind and sexy and well, perfect for me.

Or, as Marvin liked to say....

Quote:

I needed the shelter of someone's arms and there you were

I needed someone to understand my ups and downs

and there you were

With sweet love and devotion

deeply touching my emotion

I want to stop and thank you baby

I just want to stop and thank you baby

How sweet it is to be loved by you

I close my eyes at night,

wondering where would I be without you in my life

Everything I did was just a bore,

everywhere I went it seems I'd been there before

But you brightened up for me all of my days

With a love so sweet in so many ways

You were better to me than I've been to myself

For me, there's you and there ain't nobody else

I just want to stop and thank you baby

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#11 Old 02-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I think the one thing I love most about my wife is that she always surprises me. She is such a multi-faceted woman with so many sides, talents and drives I am always amazed by her. I love her more than anyone I've ever loved before and I still see her flaws and things that annoy me about her. But I'm willing to take it all because she is who she is and she's one of a kind.
#12 Old 02-05-2007, 03:50 PM

There's a lot of things I love about her but right now her spontaniety is a huge turn on.
#13 Old 02-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Veggie Regular

he's the only person I know that can beat me at Trivial Pursuit, and he's vegetarian! he's also very sweet (most of the time). he's attractive and has a nice bod, oh and he's the father of my baby.
#14 Old 02-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Veggie Regular

He's intelligent, logical, and opinionated (I know, you're all thinking, "he's opinionated? Why doesn't he ever show that side here?" ).

He has a different perspective on life than I do, but not TOO different, and we keep each other in check.

He is motivated & career-driven, but balances that interest with hobbies & personal development.

He shows constant interest in his own self-improvement, and checks in with me on my own personal goals.

We share many similar life goals in regard to finances, retirement, vacations, family, etc.
#15 Old 02-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Veggie Regular

He loves me utterly and unconditionally.
#16 Old 02-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonAmy View Post

He's intelligent, logical, and opinionated (I know, you're all thinking, "he's opinionated? Why doesn't he ever show that side here?" )..

Who are you, and what have you done with remilard? :P
#17 Old 02-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Veggie Regular

He is is the yin to my yang. Or the yang to my yin. Or maybe both.

The way he can pick me up like I was a sack of feathers.

His lips.

The few strands of gray hair in his goatee.

The way he makes me communicate, even if I don't want to.

The way he encourages me to be my best, and to do my best at all times.

How when I told him I was going vegan again, he said "Good!" instead of "why?"

How he wears 3 piece suits at work. (BTW- 3 piece suits are sexy).

The way his Jamaican accent sneaks in to his speech occasionally.

So many other things too- way to many to mention.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#18 Old 02-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Veggie Regular

^^^^ *sigh*...sweeeeeet...

(Oh, and the whole "3-pc. suit" thing? and a little grey in the goatee? Mmmmm.... yeah....)
#19 Old 02-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Veggie Regular

He is always making me weird new food (and old food that I love)- even thought I don't like some of it.

He is a vegan. We both like to travel.

We both want to move to California.

My cats love him. (very important!)
#20 Old 02-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Beginner

With the guy I'm seeing at the moment, what I like best is that he's really interesting, smart and gentlemanly.

Also, he's got a great smile and a cute butt.
#21 Old 02-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Veggie Regular

I love that my partner is so loving and loyal. It's amazing how he's put up with my baggage for the last 12 years that I accumulated from going out with those other ****heads who weren't so nice.

m8itcanw8.com
#22 Old 02-05-2007, 11:31 PM

What a thread to stumble on the day my beloved boy left to be out of the country for two weeks for work...I will try to keep it under 5,000 words though. HA!

- He knows what I need even before I do.

- When he talks in his sleep he says how much he loves me...even while stealing the covers.

- My happiness truely is his first prioity and vice versa.

- He knows I hate cooking so he cooks for me. Even if he's not hungry.

- He's such a deticated, hardworking, brilliant man while also being sensitive, artistic and funny.

- The way I catch him looking at me while smiling that cute little half smile of his.

- And of course...his eyes, butt, body, and so forth and so on.....lol

We're planning on becoming engaged soon. He wants it to be a surprise and it most likely will happen in the next month or so. I'm just so elated that I had to tell the world.
#23 Old 02-06-2007, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

^^^^ *sigh*...sweeeeeet...

(Oh, and the whole "3-pc. suit" thing? and a little grey in the goatee? Mmmmm.... yeah....)

Heh. I was giggling at the grey hair thing too. (I am so going to be in trouble for posting this.) I keep telling my love that it only makes him look smarter, more distinguished, but I don't think he believes me.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#24 Old 02-06-2007, 06:00 AM
Veggie Regular

He's everything I could have possibly wanted in a husband -- and all I never expected to find.

He's gentle, loving, patient, kind. He knows how to work AND how to relax. He's intelligent and interesting. He loves me as I am, foibles and idiosyncracies not withstanding. He doesn't just say he loves me, but shows it in so many little ways -- from hunting down a video clip I'd casually mentioned that I'd like to see to making sure I don't run out of vanilla S'ilk.
#25 Old 02-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Veggie Regular

well lets see shes funny,smart,beatiful,talented,patient,caring,lovin g,lovable,listens,laughs,cute,fun to be around,strong,idpendent,nice,sweet,thoughtful, and anything i could ever wish for.whene i was 8 i would dream of girls like her i love my sweet
#26 Old 02-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Veggie Regular

TNS gives me what I've been looking for in that "perfect person":

She's willing to talk when we get upset. We both have our defense mechanisms, but we actually manage to make our way through them to the talking stage.

She actually tries to understand me and she understands me well.

I can tell her my deep, dark secrets.

She gives me lots and lots of affection. She actually is as affectionate as I am, which is a rare thing.

She loves to give me little gifts.

We just love being around each other and can do simple everyday things together.

She cares about my hopes and dreams and how I am doing on a minute-to-minute basis.

I just love her a lot.

... Oh, and she posts posts like her very first one in this thread.
#27 Old 02-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Everything, of course! He accepts me, he always wants to be with me, and he caves whenever I want something even if he'd rather I not have it. ^_^
#28 Old 02-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Veggie Regular

What can I say about the amazing spiderman?

He is the first person I ever met who loved spiders like I do.

He knows when to be silly and when to be serious. And when he is silly he is incredibly silly. He once did a Monty Python sketch where he played an old woman wearing a scarf on her head and used a funny voice as a birthday gift to my mother. Or once we made up a puppet show about Godzilla versus Rodin (meaning the sculptor)

He can turn the most mundane of activities like shopping for groceries into something fun.

He makes me laugh.

He sends me secret signals in a crowded room that say I love you by making a tk tk tk sound like Skippy the Bush Kangaroo.

He "gets" me. He lets me loose when I need to be and reigns me in when I need to be.

He has never told me what to wear. That sounds strange but when I felt the call to go plain he told me I looked beautiful in an apron and a shawl. I have never shaved my legs or pits in our 18 years together and he still says I am the sexiest woman on earth.

He makes me glad to be alive. He has stood by me in dark days of depression and anxiety...never once giving up on me.

He does these amazingly thoughtful things like writing all my favourite children's authors and illustrators from my childhood and asking them to send me a birthday card. I got cards with drawings from people like Quentin Blake and Eric carle.

He still makes my knees tremble when he touches me--even after 18 years.

I nearly lost him to cancer in 1996 and I am thankful every day that i have him in my life. I love him because he fought death and won and I am allowed a few more years with the man who makes me whole.

****I have a blog--check me out!
http://spidergrrlvstheworld.blogspot.com/****
#29 Old 02-06-2007, 02:12 PM

*cries*

Love is good, yes?

This: "He "gets" me. He lets me loose when I need to be and reigns me in when I need to be." is exactly how I feel about my love. That he knows sometimes I need space, or quietude, whilest other times I *need* him to smother me with hugs and attention, and furthermore that he can tell the difference between those times...well that, that is a gift for which I am eternally thankful.

*cries some more*

#30 Old 02-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I thought of 2 more:

I love the grey that is creeping into his beard and temples. another symbol that we are growing old together and I that I didn't become a widow at age 27.

And I love the way his whole face lights up and he says "Ohhhh yes!" when i announce what we are eating for dinner every night. Because it was my decision to be be vegan i work hard to provide really good food. He makes me feel really good about the choices I've made--and he is making now as well.

****I have a blog--check me out!
http://spidergrrlvstheworld.blogspot.com/****

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page