What do you love the most about your significant other? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 02-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular

It is hard for me to think ... lolz ... I'm really tired but I may as well add to it.

- He loves my animals as much as I do. We can spend hours smothering the animals and never once feel left out from each other.

- We can discuss things no matter how upset we are, whether it be at others or at each other. No one goes to bed mad.

- He cares about me, about how I feel, about why I feel that way.

- He's always interested in what I'm doing, even if it isn't anything at all.

- Kind of like Spidergrrl, I have had spells where I have not shaved my legs and I felt gross, but he never cared and assured me he wouldn't care if I never shaved again. He still wanted me, even if I was a beast.

- Every move he makes isn't sexual, but sensual. He doesn't always go for my lips in a kiss, sometimes he goes for a cheek or my forehead or right next to my eye. I love that about him. My ex could never keep his tongue to himself and it took all the depth out of everything.

- Also like Spidergrrl said, he "gets" me. I have severe mental illnesses and make me a very hard person to deal with, and my fear and paranoia of heartbreak make me an even harder person to date. But he is always there, and he never gives up no matter how bad I get.

- I can act however I want in front of him without feeling like I need to hide or act a certain way. I love that we can be silly together and not feel like jackasses.

- We have similar interests, especially when it comes to video games, and so we can get into fun discussions about the most mundane things that no one else would understand.

- We both had a good laugh in the Erotica section of the bookstore.

- He wants to appease me and my every whim. If I want something, he's scrounging up resources to get me that something. If I say, "I want to go out to eat." he says, "Where and when? Don't worry, I'll cover it."

- He knows what to say and he knows when to say it.

- He makes it easy for me to sleep. I am wide awake until he shows up but then he gets here and I pass out, because he just brings me that much comfort where it is so easy for me to just drift off.

- He helps, he likes helping, he wants to help. He helps clean cages, he takes the dog out, he helps feed and water all the animals.

He completes me, and I hope he continues to do so for a long time coming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 02-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Banned

What do I love most?

~His [sometimes inappropriately timed, often cheesy and always sarcastic] sense of humor. NO ONE can make me laugh as much as he can. We can lay in bed or sit on the couch for hours just laughing and giggling at eachother. He's also the only one who can regularly make me laugh so hard I snort. We share the same kind of dark, sarcastic humor that not everyone we know gets.

~His refusal to accept the status-quo. He prefers quality over quantity.

~How he is always supportive of my eccentric/off-the-beaten-path lifestyle, attitude and interests. He never makes me feel 'weird' or 'crazy' and never tries to change who I am or tries to quiet any of my silly obsessions with things.

~The way he will hold me when I am upset and tells me to "let it all out". He will let me ugly cry all over him and still tell me how sexy I am when my mascara runs and my eyelashes are wet and sticking together.

~How intune we are to each other. We don't even have to speak words in order to communicate. And then when we do, we often will finish eachother's sentences or say the same things as the same time.

~How much he loves animals and how he supports just how much I love animals. How he doesn't even bat an eye or think I am weird when we find a dead animal and I want to bury it and give it a final home and say a prayer. Or when we spend two hours in a parking lot, at night durring winter, trying to coax a stray cat out of a gutter to feed/capture them.

~How he puts up with all of my nutty, anxious, ocd, ptsd, bdd, etc. issues. And how much he respects me and my decisions regarding my own body, mind and health. He never forces, pressures or tricks me into anything he knows I am against.

~The way he can recall exactly what I was wearing and what I said when we first met (I can't even remember that). And how he says that it was 'love at first sight' for him, as well. We have this connection that is far deeper than any problems we have faced.

~How he always makes everything O.K. ... sometimes all I need in a day is to hear his voice and I know I can go on.

But I think that the thing I love most about him is that he is Who he is. It's not anything that he says or does but Who he is that I love him for. His spirit is the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced.
#33 Old 02-06-2007, 04:33 PM

He's non violent, non threatening, and totally respectful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 02-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Veggie Regular

The way he smiles.

The fact that he's always thinking and worrying about me.

He texts me lovely messages like "l love you", "I miss you so much, I wish I could kiss you right now", "I'm doing this or that, I wish we were together", "I can't wait till we're together" several times a day.

He sends me flowers to my class.

The way he tells me "I'm with you, baby, I can feel you" when I'm down and missing him, even though he's on the other side of the world.

He always asks me "how was your day?".

The fact that he wants to know everything about me. Even the smallest details.

He's not afraid to tell me what's on his mind, but he does it in the most lovely way.

He knows me better than anyone and we are so alike. We often say the same thing at the same time and finish each other's sentences.

He's always saying "I love you".
#35 Old 02-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

*cries*

That he knows sometimes I need space, or quietude, whilest other times I *need* him to smother me with hugs and attention, and furthermore that he can tell the difference between those times...well that, that is a gift for which I am eternally thankful.

*cries some more*

That's sweet. The only ones that can read me that well are my dogs.

Not that I'm comparing IS to a dog. I just think it's sweet.
#36 Old 02-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

TNS gives me what I've been looking for in that "perfect person"...

Awww... :swoon: Is it any wonder I'm crazy about this guy?
#37 Old 02-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I am going to have to go with the classic "her love for me", but thats because I think there is alot to be said for it. We sometimes argue, we don't always agree on everything in life. But if I just step back for 2 seconds to think I always know she would never do anything to hurt me, I know this because in her heart I know she only wants to love me and for me to be happy.
#38 Old 02-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I <3 this thread

*resisting the urge to add pages to the list*

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#39 Old 02-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Although he isn't that great about picking up after himself (which is annoying) if I ask him to do a chore around the house he usually does it without complaint.

If he is out by himself and he picks up food, he always remembers me.

Whenever we go out if there is something qustionable in the food (meaning, something not vegetarian) he always finds out for me.
#40 Old 02-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Banned

This is a precious thread.
#41 Old 02-13-2007, 02:44 PM

Yes! It is precious. We need some more lovin'

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#42 Old 02-13-2007, 09:23 PM

I'm happy that so many replied to my thread! I was worried people would think it was dumb
#43 Old 02-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Are you kidding? You made this thread and my girlfriend posted the best post ever!
#44 Old 02-14-2007, 04:22 AM
Banned

We have been married 30 years in July. I don't think my sweetie will ever understand me, communicate well, or a whole lot of things many of you have mentioned, but I can always depend on him to be standing when our whole world crumbles around our ears. He never gets bent out of shape over anything on the outside. I have never heard him curse, talk badly about anyone, hold a grudge, judge anyone, or waiver in the storms of life. His arms are big enough to hold me when Mom died, and cry with me, and they were big enough to hold an adult son whose marriage failed as the kid wept his heart out on his dad's shoulder. He's not a talker. He's a doer. His love runs deep and quiet and forever. Ever so often he's a royal pain, but then so am I so over 30 years we just try to not be pains at the same time. He is a brilliant computer genius, musician, man of God, father, husband, and lover. I don't always understand him either, but give us 30 more years, and I think we will have it down. He is my life. When he is not around. I am incomplete.
#45 Old 02-14-2007, 10:30 PM

Ooooo, gotta use pictures in this one!

What can I say? I know I'm gonna kiss some things (edit: I meant "miss". I guess I was thinking too hard about him!). Neil is my best friend on this earth, my balance, for four years so far. He's a kind, sweet, good Christian guy who really doesn't want to hurt anyone. He's not afraid to cry. He has supported me in so many things, he's been strong when I was weak and let's me help him when things are reversed. He'll hold me when I'm anxious. He's creative and funny. He's ticklish. He's become a cat person, even though he at one point had bad cat allergies! He trys to treat my family with respect, even though they are much different from his own. He gives me his honest opinion.

He treats me with respect, to the point of even giving up sex until we get married and it has alomst been a full year without. (Long story. Morals, wanting to see if our relationship could last without it, some other stuff...) He's patient with me.

He'll drive long distances (edit - he even helped me to spell that right.) to see me, and has worked crappy jobs to help me out. He doesn't mind that I want to be a homemaker as well as a business owner. He eats veggie sushi with me. He really enjoys car trips with me, even though he's stuck driving.

He's a snuggler.

He's handsome. Gotta love that.

He'll let me run the campains when we play DnD. I guess it goes without saying that he is as much of a "geek" as I am...

He brings me lunch at work when he can.

He compliments me in so many ways. I'll write a script to a comic or come up with an idea and he'll cover the artwork. He'll chop up my veggies and such to help me out with cooking (and he cooks for me, too!).

He is an artist and draws me pretty/funny/cool pictures. I keep stressing this don't I...

One of the coolest things about him? When I wanted to go vegetarian, I asked him to try it out with me for a month. He did it, and it stuck! While he's not going compleatly vegan anytime soon, he's given it a good try.

He is the Warrior to my Rouge, the Lister to my Cat, the Sam to my Max, the the Luigi to my Mario. Hehe.

Plus, he's good to have around when I need things in higher places. I'm around 5 feet, he's 6'2. It's nice.

Edit: I forgot something! He understand my girlish need for dark chocolate and cherries.

AND he wants me to marry him in a few months and days. YAAAAAAY!
#46 Old 02-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Banned

Mandy, he sounds like a 30 year keeper. Don't let him get away.
#47 Old 02-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life2k View Post

I can always depend on him to be standing when our whole world crumbles around our ears. He never gets bent out of shape over anything on the outside. I have never heard him curse, talk badly about anyone, hold a grudge, judge anyone, or waiver in the storms of life.

Nice. That pretty much sums up the perfect guy right there!
#48 Old 02-15-2007, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life2k View Post

Mandy, he sounds like a 30 year keeper. Don't let him get away.

Only 30 years? I'm thinking more. June is so close and so far away! I hope to keep him a good long time.

Hehehe! This thread *is* so cool...
#49 Old 03-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Beginner

She longs to be close to me; she isn't always a prude in bed; she's very smart; she's vegan, loves animals, and living green; she will never cheat on me.
#50 Old 03-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Hey MandyLikesTomatoes, my fiance and I sometimes talk about your name. Her name is Mandy and she likes tomatoes too. I've told her she should change her name to MandyLovesTomatoes.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#51 Old 03-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang~Ten~Honey View Post

What do I love most?

~His [sometimes inappropriately timed, often cheesy and always sarcastic] sense of humor. NO ONE can make me laugh as much as he can. We can lay in bed or sit on the couch for hours just laughing and giggling at eachother. He's also the only one who can regularly make me laugh so hard I snort. We share the same kind of dark, sarcastic humor that not everyone we know gets.

~His refusal to accept the status-quo. He prefers quality over quantity.

~How he is always supportive of my eccentric/off-the-beaten-path lifestyle, attitude and interests. He never makes me feel 'weird' or 'crazy' and never tries to change who I am or tries to quiet any of my silly obsessions with things.

~The way he will hold me when I am upset and tells me to "let it all out". He will let me ugly cry all over him and still tell me how sexy I am when my mascara runs and my eyelashes are wet and sticking together.

~How intune we are to each other. We don't even have to speak words in order to communicate. And then when we do, we often will finish eachother's sentences or say the same things as the same time.

~How much he loves animals and how he supports just how much I love animals. How he doesn't even bat an eye or think I am weird when we find a dead animal and I want to bury it and give it a final home and say a prayer. Or when we spend two hours in a parking lot, at night durring winter, trying to coax a stray cat out of a gutter to feed/capture them.

~How he puts up with all of my nutty, anxious, ocd, ptsd, bdd, etc. issues. And how much he respects me and my decisions regarding my own body, mind and health. He never forces, pressures or tricks me into anything he knows I am against.

~The way he can recall exactly what I was wearing and what I said when we first met (I can't even remember that). And how he says that it was 'love at first sight' for him, as well. We have this connection that is far deeper than any problems we have faced.

~How he always makes everything O.K. ... sometimes all I need in a day is to hear his voice and I know I can go on.

But I think that the thing I love most about him is that he is Who he is. It's not anything that he says or does but Who he is that I love him for. His spirit is the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced.

From the descriptions in this thread that I've read, this struck me the most.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#52 Old 03-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I love the way he talks in that weird fantasy-like Roman accented voice sometimes... it makes me so excited I just want to jump on him there

I also like it when he talks about the Mother Russia in that Russian accent he does
#53 Old 03-07-2007, 02:01 PM

Ray brings balance to my life -- he calms and nurtures my overexciteable spirit. He also brings me breakfast in bed EVERY morning that he is in town, which for a morning zombie like me is nirvana. He makes my heart sing, and my pulse race, even after 16 years, it's like we're newly in love.
#54 Old 03-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Veggie Regular

So many things!!

I love him because... he's sweet, caring... tells me how he feels about me, tells me he loves me, cuddles me all night, takes me everywhere i need to go.. he loves spending time with me, he's not afraid to cry infront of me... he'll stay up all night if i want to talk, he makes me feel safe..... he's great!
#55 Old 03-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Beginner

My boyfriend is visiting his family for three weeks right now, and I really miss him....so..here I go...

I love my boyfriend because...

Even though he's an omni he eats like a vegan at home.

He can whip up the best salads in the world!

He left his family and friends behind in Germany to be with me 3000 miles away.

After my constant rattling about the environment and the animals, my baby takes his own REUSABLE bags when going shopping. An environmentalist...how dreamy.

He thinks I'm cute when I get excited about health foods.

He reads labels and is fully supportive of my veganism. He defends me when his mother tells him I'm "extreme."

When I make a huge mess in the kitchen trying to make my own beauty concoctions, he pokes fun at me and calls me a hippe. Then I throw a couple insults back at him, and before we know it we're wrestling on the bed.

Sigh...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page