Relocating to Arizona... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-28-2006, 07:34 AM

hi, y'all!

just wondering if there are any of you in AZ and, if so, do you know of any veggie- and family-friendly groups, locations, activities, etc. for me and my family?

i'm extremely nervous about the move and am really seeking a place in which we feel comfortable and not "different".

also, you all in AZ ever have get-togethers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I lived in AZ for 4 years (1998-2002. I relocated from Boston, and I was worried just like you. (I'm back in New England now)

I never found a veggie support group, but there are plently of places for a vegetarian to eat (If you will be living in a densly populated area such as Phoenix). A particularly good place for vegetarians is Tempe, AZ (where ASU is located). Glendale and Mesa are also good in certain areas.

Many small towns/rural areas within AZ, however, are extremely veggie unfriendly.

BC

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
#3 Old 02-28-2006, 01:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I just moved from there. I found that where I lived at (near Avondale, just on the outskirts of Phoenix) to be extremely un-veggy friendly. Tempe is much better that way though. I know there is a veg-Indian restaurant, there was also a vegan fast food asian type place, as well as an Ethiopian place. Plenty of places to shop in Tempe. I believe there is also a meetup group there. I never went to it though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I live in Tucson, which is very veg-friendly. There are plenty of places to eat, there's a Vegetarian Resource Group (VRGT) and a vegan meetup group. I agree that Tempe is veg-friendly too, due to ASU being there. Flagstaff is also pretty good since there's definitely an earthy-crunchy element there. Where are you moving to?
#5 Old 02-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Veggie Regular

eggplant, do you know if The Oasis is still open? I thought they had the best BLTs & really good falafel wraps...
#6 Old 02-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicious View Post

eggplant, do you know if The Oasis is still open? I thought they had the best BLTs & really good falafel wraps...

Nope. They closed down a while ago and guess what took it's place...A RIB JOINT! Oh the cruel irony! There is a new vegan restaurant called Lovin' Spoonfuls though.
#7 Old 02-28-2006, 09:48 PM

Tastemaker..do you know what part of Arizona you'll be in? I lived in Phoenix/Tempe back in the day.

aside....

<<<misses FafaFrappy

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#8 Old 02-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I live in Phoenix. There's a WONDERFUL restraunt here, Veggie Fun. It's in Tempe, I think.
#9 Old 03-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

Nope. They closed down a while ago and guess what took it's place...A RIB JOINT! Oh the cruel irony! There is a new vegan restaurant called Lovin' Spoonfuls though.

Very sad. But, thanks for the info!
#10 Old 03-14-2006, 11:51 PM

I was looking around this website and it reminded me of this thread.

http://www.azvegan.com/
#11 Old 03-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokara View Post

I was looking around this website and it reminded me of this thread.

http://www.azvegan.com/

That is a really great site. Thanks for posting it, Sokara.
#12 Old 03-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey, don't know f anyone mentioned this yet or not, but I just heard about a fantastic vegan restaurant in AZ. All the food is vegan...literally.

You should try it out and tell us about it if you get a chance.

http://www.lovinspoonfuls.com/index.html
#13 Old 03-22-2006, 02:30 PM

thanks for that sokara, i'm in tucson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page