Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Banned

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Banned

those are great.

this description is clearly truncated, though, as there is no cuddle party involved.

ebola
#3 Old 01-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Veggie Regular

you mean metal cuddle party... sans boners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-05-2006, 12:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnome Chomsky View Post

those are great.

this description is clearly truncated, though, as there is no cuddle party involved.

ebola

Actually censored from the right, not truncated. I have the rest of the information.
#5 Old 01-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Banned

Then, in the ensuing months, OregonAmy sent me several PMs of a moderating nature, wherein she also flirted with me (though I did not realize this at the time).
#6 Old 01-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Veggie Regular

what, me, flirt? I would *never* do that...

#7 Old 01-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Banned

Then, on another message board, I sent a flirtacious PM of my own to OregonAmy (or DirtyMartini as she is known there). In her response she suggested that she would be willing to play four square with me (hawt).
#8 Old 01-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Veggie Regular

then my purse got stolen (thank you SallyK for being my pillar when I needed you!) ...

... and I sent a PM to mayu from my cousin's house, because I needed to go to Portland to get my ID replaced... I wanted to see if she wanted to hook up... she did, and asked remilard & ebola if they wanted to get together as well... they did... score! We agreed to meet at Rogue Brewing.

And so we did...
#9 Old 01-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Banned

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ola#post889608

I forgot this post, which I know now was made by OregonAmy. That may have been before the PM on the other message board.
#10 Old 01-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Banned

I would check the VB members list the next day to see how close I was to getting on the first page when sorted by posts to find that OregonAmy and I had the exact same number of posts.
#11 Old 01-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Veggie Regular

#12 Old 01-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Banned

Clearly a sign, okay I am just padding my post count at this point.
#13 Old 01-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Veggie Regular

this was my favorite remilard thread for ages... https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=37463
#14 Old 01-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Veggie Regular

dorks.

#15 Old 01-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Awwww.... such a sweet story, you two... I love mushy stuff...

But I agree... where's the whole "cuddle party" part of the story - that seems to be rather abbreviated here... I want details. And I think any other couples that may have resulted from said cuddle party should post their story as well...
#16 Old 01-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Veggie Regular

cuddle party? Apparently newstars was right in that cuddle parties aren't exactly innocent... who knew.

In any case... this is it... in not-so-brief.

In June, I had planned on meeting up with remilard for a couple of beers at Rogue, but my friend (who was down from Canada) was being moody and didn't want to meet "some guy from the internet" and didn't want to go downtown, so I canceled with remi. I felt soooo bad but figured we'd have another time to catch up. We joked about me standing him up though... I did feel really bad about it.

fast forward about 5 weeks... I'm out with SallyK in Minneapolis and my purse is stolen. I'm freaking out, I'm angry, upset, worried about getting back to Sydney, being pressured to go to Canada for a project, and not sure what the hell to do. I have no ID, no money, no credit cards - nothing...

I figure out that if I can get to portland, I can get a replacement driver's license, get my birth certificate, then go to seattle for a new passport. So I call the airline and find out that I can get on the plane with my police report (real secure, I know), and book a ticket to portland.

I stayed at my cousin's house, and the night before I flew out to portland, I PM'd mayuko and remilard (I thought mayu had PM'd remi, but I did) to see if they wanted to get together the next day for a couple of drinks for a couple of hours. Mayu invited ebola.

I got to portland, stayed at my mom's, and took the bus in to the city to meet up with them on sunday afternoon.

I sat & waited outside Rogue for a while... waited... waited... we agreed to meet at 4, and it was something like 4:20... I was starting to worry that remilard was standing me up, in retaliation for what i did in june :P I was looking inside the bar and when I turned around, there was this guy walking toward me and i KNEW it was remilard.

I walked over and gave him a big hug and he was like and we went & sat down & he ordered a beer (I was nearly done with my american amber, mmm) and we engaged in small talk for a little while....

a little later, ebola showed up, then mayuko...

the 4 of us stayed there for ~3 hours then headed to whole foods for beers & food, then to safeway for more of the same (had to get tings!), then to remi's apartment for the First Ever VB Cuddle Party

We ate our food, played a bunch of music, drank more beer (some ungodly amount), and cuddled. and talked. and danced. and cuddled. and danced. and left remi's apartment around 4 in the morning.

By the time i left, my head was spinning and it wasn't from the beer.

The next day, I took care of all my ID stuff, and the following day went to Seattle. While I waited 6 hours for my passport to be created, I sat in a starbucks with wifi and chatted with remilard all day :P

that's pretty much how it went. there's obviously a lot more behind it and life's kinda messy at the moment, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
#17 Old 01-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

And I think any other couples that may have resulted from said cuddle party should post their story as well...

yeah, eventually...
#18 Old 01-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Veggie Regular

well let's just say that at the cuddle party, it quickly became two cuddle parties.

#19 Old 01-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Sounds like junior high.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
#20 Old 01-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Veggie Regular

junior high would have been a MUCH more enjoyable experience if I had been hanging out in brewpubs then going over to someone's apartment to hang out with friends, listen to music, and drink beer.

Way better than playing castle wolfenstein in my bedroom & drinking orange pop.
#21 Old 01-07-2006, 01:55 AM

I can't believe you guys actually had a cuddle party
#22 Old 01-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonAmy View Post

junior high would have been a MUCH more enjoyable experience if I had been hanging out in brewpubs then going over to someone's apartment to hang out with friends, listen to music, and drink beer.

That's not what you did in junior high? Just add "talked an older friend into driving", and it fits what some people do in middle school.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#23 Old 01-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Veggie Regular

no. in junior high I was studying, playing soccer, and pining over this one guy who didn't know I existed... I didn't even try alcohol until I was 18. (purposefully - once I accidentally sipped one guy's gin & tonic at my parents' party when I was ~7)

I am, however, doing pretty well in making up for lost time.
#24 Old 01-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonAmy View Post

no. in junior high I was studying, playing soccer, and pining over this one guy who didn't know I existed... I didn't even try alcohol until I was 18. (purposefully - once I accidentally sipped one guy's gin & tonic at my parents' party when I was ~7)

I am, however, doing pretty well in making up for lost time.

That was me, too. Well, take out playing soccer and replace it with band practise.

Even when I was 16 and had an older boyfriend who was legal age (19), I didn't drink. Not until I was 18 and in University, and a female friend talked me into a drink in her dormroom.
#25 Old 01-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Veggie Regular

heh. my dad actually got me into drinking, believe it or not. he bought me wine coolers after i graduated from high school

then they moved to germany and I got to try REAL beer and it was all over at that point...

(oh yeah, and i was in orchestra in jr high - a real winner with the men, let me tell you )
#26 Old 01-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Banned

>>no. in junior high I was studying, playing soccer, and pining over this one guy who didn't know I existed... I didn't even try alcohol until I was 18. (purposefully - once I accidentally sipped one guy's gin & tonic at my parents' party when I was ~7)>>

I was too busy designing doom levels and playing mortal kombat.

I also didn't drink until age 18. I'm not going to name the ~7 substances I tried prior to alcohol.

ebola

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page