Holidays ? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-24-2005, 11:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I feel hyppocrital that I do not belive in Christms but my family dose. We give each other gifts every year. I participate because I love my family and want any excuse to spend time with them. I just feel weird that I do not belive what they do. Is that allright?

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Veggie Regular

You just described me. Don't worry 'bout it.
#3 Old 12-25-2005, 04:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Of course it's alright. Well, in my opinion, it's alright. I think it's great that you would participate in something out of love and caring for someone else when you don't hold the same beliefs as they do. I would (and have, actually) be more than willing and happy to participate in a Seder or Chanukah tradition with my Jewish friends. I am pro-diversity. It in no way takes away from what I personally feel about my holidays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-25-2005, 06:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I am exactly the same way. If I had a choice, I would just not celebrate it anymore. Of course, my family would never forgive me for THAT (or even take me seriously) so I just go along with it. I see it as a celebration of being together...despite the fact that they spent the entire christmas dinner and dessert making fun of me for not eating a dead bird with bread shoved up its ass. Then there was the distasteful joke about the lamb...uhh anyway yeah don't worry about it. I actually don't know that many people who consider christmas to be a religious holiday anymore. I know I don't! lol.

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#5 Old 12-25-2005, 06:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Yep - same. Although I have no religious beliefs at all (unless a lack of beliefs is a belief?) my family celebrate and I am happy to spend time with them while they do.
#6 Old 12-25-2005, 11:34 PM
Banned

>>Is that allright?>>

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page