those veg*n dating sites - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-13-2005, 06:38 PM
Veggie Regular

So, I was browsing a couple of those sites today and I didn't intend on actually answering any ads or placing one myself but this one ad caught my eye. This guy seems great and we seem to have a lot in common. The only problem is that he lives half way accross the country I wonder if there is even any point in trying to make contact or if people who place those ads are trying to meet people in their area. No one in my area caught my eye and for some reason this guy really did. Has anyone had any good/bad experience with meeting people who live far away online?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-13-2005, 07:14 PM
Veggie Regular

If you are willing and able to close distance if you meet that right person, it can be worth it.
#3 Old 07-13-2005, 07:36 PM
Administrator

I wouldn't.

It wasn't me was it?

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Ooooo, another unsuspecting Vber who hasn't heard it yet! XD

I met my fiance online, here on VB, three (almost?) years ago. He lives all the way across that big ocean to the east of the US. Meeting him was the best thing to ever happen to me, seriously.

I think you should at least drop him a line. It's worth a shot. Who knows? You might find your soul mate like I did.
#5 Old 07-13-2005, 09:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegankat View Post

I think you should at least drop him a line. It's worth a shot. Who knows? You might find your soul mate like I did.

I love your story every time I read it - it's always good to hear about others with happy VB romance stories....
#6 Old 07-14-2005, 07:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegankat View Post

Ooooo, another unsuspecting Vber who hasn't heard it yet! XD

I met my fiance online, here on VB, three (almost?) years ago. He lives all the way across that big ocean to the east of the US. Meeting him was the best thing to ever happen to me, seriously.

What a lovely story! Who's the lucky guy?
#7 Old 07-14-2005, 07:23 AM

I met someone on the other side of the country and we remain friends, but never found the desire for one of us to move to be with the other. It can certainly work out, though.
#8 Old 07-14-2005, 07:55 AM
Veggie Regular

I met my b/f in person once but we talked online for 2 years before we actually started dating. He doesn't live quite accross the country (about 4 hours away) but its long distance. Anyway we're horribly in love, have been dating for 3 years and I'm moving to live with him in january if all goes as planned. So long distance isn't all that horrible and you'll never know unless you try.
#9 Old 07-14-2005, 08:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

I wouldn't.

It wasn't me was it?

No, I don't believe it was. But have you had any success with those sites?

And Vegankat, that is a great story! If it could work for you with someone on another continent than maybe it could work for me. I think I will contact the person. It can't hurt, can it?
#10 Old 07-14-2005, 11:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Long distance relationships take a lot of effort. They are easier to start then in-person relationships, but MUCH harder to maintain. That being said, if you find that perfect person, maybe that effort will come easily.

But the way I see it, there are plenty of girls right here at home to shoot me down :P
#11 Old 07-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Veggie Regular

If you want to contact him, I see no problem with that. Just keep your eyes and ears alert. Sometimes people sound wonderful in their profiles. Then when you start talking with them, they show how little they really have in common with you. Don't get snagged into talking on and on with someone who gives you the creeps. Like in offline life, most people you meet aren't people you'd consider dating.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#12 Old 07-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Beginner

A friend of mine met her now husband online. They kept in contact for over a year without even meeting and just one day decided they should get married. She was from the UK and he was from the US, and they've been married a month now and are as happy as can be!!! They always left messages to each other all the time, so I guess the distance didn't bother them. I was once in a relationship with someone who lived 2.5 hours away and it worked for a while but eventually it fell apart. I was willing to keep it going but he was not! Oh well~ it all worked out for the best!!
#13 Old 07-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Beginner

A friend of mine met her now husband online. They kept in contact for over a year without even meeting and just one day decided they should get married. She was from the UK and he was from the US, and they've been married a month now and are as happy as can be!!! They always left messages to each other all the time, so I guess the distance didn't bother them. I was once in a relationship with someone who lived 2.5 hours away and it worked for a while but eventually it fell apart. I was willing to keep it going but he was not! Oh well~ it all worked out for the best!!
#14 Old 08-07-2005, 02:02 PM
Beginner

Let me tell you long distance relationships can work. Im orginally from Texas. Met my now hubby on line. He' s from canada almost 1year ago to this day. We talked for a few months and exchanged pictures before we decided to me. i left Texas and made my way too canada. It was the best thing i ever did. I stayed and visisted him for 2weeks and soon after that got married. Now we are happy its almost our 1year anniversity and we have a 3month old so. WE couldnt be happier. So do give it a shot you never know whats going to happen.
#15 Old 11-02-2009, 01:48 PM

I would definitely be willing to relocate for the right person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijahbaby View Post

So, I was browsing a couple of those sites today and I didn't intend on actually answering any ads or placing one myself but this one ad caught my eye. This guy seems great and we seem to have a lot in common. The only problem is that he lives half way accross the country I wonder if there is even any point in trying to make contact or if people who place those ads are trying to meet people in their area. No one in my area caught my eye and for some reason this guy really did. Has anyone had any good/bad experience with meeting people who live far away online?

#16 Old 11-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Closing this thread, as the o.p. hasn't been around in over 2 years.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page