Why be tolerant of Meat Eaters? - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#61 Old 10-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristadb View Post

I guess to those people, eating meat is the same as catching their child doing drugs, skipping school, sleeping around, raping girls....

Actually, I'd rather catch my kid skipping school than eating dead animals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 10-12-2004, 09:51 PM

Oatmeal - take your own advise and stop letting your opinion of me and our disagreements cloud your comments. It would be nice to see you, a mod, for once respond to me without going into the same discussion about how I discredit veg*ans, how I'm a meat-eater, and how I'm out of place here. I don't discredit veg*ans as a whole; only the ones that happened to be your friends.
#63 Old 10-12-2004, 10:04 PM
Veggie Regular

kristadb:

What would be nice is to see you backing up your arguments FOR ONCE and not, like always, resorting to these vague posts about "some people" that are good for nothing but badmouthing people and categories of people, and VB. I bet you would do a great job at scaring little children, because your posts have that same style.

You want me to stop, simple. Stop making vague and generalizing posts about "some people" doing and thinking outrageous things. Make actual points, back them up with facts and reason and you will see me replying to them in a civil and respectful manner. But for your current posting style, I have no respect at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 10-12-2004, 10:13 PM

This is getting ugly, and personal. Take it to PMs.

Thread closed.
#65 Old 10-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Sorry Fafa, but I will reopen this thread. I don't think it's out of control, and I think this ought to be discussed openly, not in PM's (you on the other hand, could have PM'd me before closing it).
#66 Old 10-12-2004, 10:39 PM

Oatmeal - kindly take your personal attacks somewhere else.
#67 Old 10-12-2004, 10:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Errrm, more on topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

That said, I think most of the time if you raise your kid to be compassionate of all beings and teach from the start that killing is wrong, they'll likely keep those values when they're old enough to make their own decisions. Most people eat meat because they've been brainwashed to believe it's normal, healthy, even necessary for proper nutrition and have been taught from childhood that animals are lesser beings w/o feelings and are ours to do as we please with.

Well said, Wolfie
#68 Old 10-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Banned

Regarding "rape" and animal exploitation, those in the industry use the term "rape rack". So there's nothing wrong with vegans/ARAs equating it with rape.
#69 Old 10-12-2004, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristadb View Post

There have beem some posters here that have declared said child would not be welcome to have their own choice of food in the house and would be "in trouble" if the parent "caught" them eating meat.

I guess to those people, eating meat is the same as catching their child doing drugs, skipping school, sleeping around, raping girls....

wtf krazaydb.

There's no one here that would equate eating meat to raping girls.Sure there are some people who think that it's very bad. Maybe as big as skipping school (Which I don't find to be that bad anyway).

I think also it's not just the fact that they "ate meat" I think it's more the fact that they are ignoring the reality of the meat industry. Most people raised in Vegetarian house holds will probably be aware of the crueltys, therefore they'd be most likely to not eat meat.

It's different to going and drinking after your parents say "OMG DUNT DRRRINK ALKOHOLL!!222111!! ITZ BAD FER j00" without any facts, or reasons, or evidence.
#70 Old 10-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKass View Post

It's different to going and drinking after your parents say "OMG DUNT DRRRINK ALKOHOLL!!222111!! ITZ BAD FER j00" without any facts, or reasons, or evidence.

My parents were always saying that! cLu3L355 n00b5!!!!111one
#71 Old 10-12-2004, 11:43 PM

Mod post

Back to the topic please, before I close it *again*.
#72 Old 10-13-2004, 02:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Why be tolerant of Meat Eaters?

We could all stand to be a little more tolerant, period. It's amazing what can be accomplished when you use a little Love, Valor, and Compassion. I applaud everyone who lives their lives based on the courage of their conviction. Living your life according to your well thought-out ideals is a wonderful way to spend a day!! Personally, my ideals are centered around those three words: Love, Valor, and Compassion. I have varying levels of success in living by those ideals on a daily basis. But I shall always strive to remember...

Nec Aspera Terrent
#73 Old 10-13-2004, 05:33 AM
Administrator

That's the perfect note to close this thread on.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page