O' Brother - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Veggie Regular

This is a rant...My brother (37) and I (33) have become close over the past couple of years. So close in fact that when his fiancee left him, my dogs and I opened our tiny home to he and his dog for six months free of charge. When he and his ex were settling their jointly owned property equity, I co-signed on his loan so he could qualify on his own for the house and pay her out. All of this I gladly did, because he's my brother and was in a difficult situation, and was hurting. I've taken days off work to help him do plumbing repairs and hang a 12'x14' drywall ceiling because it caved in from the bathroom leak above. I have watched his dog so he could go out of town without the extra expense. I took him to Las Vegas for Christmas. A couple of months ago I asked him if he wanted to go with me to see the Dead shows that were within driving distance from our town. The answer was yes, so I bought the tickets (8) total ~ 4 shows, and booked hotel rooms for the 4 nights. I'm thinking "cool, our little summer get away/reunion". So the shows start this coming weekend (8/7-8 and 8/13-14) and for two weeks I've been calling to say "hey dude, if you're still going with me maybe we should talk, if not, let me know so I can try to sell the tix before I hit the road". He calls last night, after I called him 3 times yesterday and says "bad news, I'm not going" and offers a very lame excuse. I wanted to SCREAM. I've got $ tied up in tickets and hotel reservations set up. In all fairness, he's helped me out quite a bit in my life, don't get me wrong. I do things because he's my bro, and he's family. I don't expect anything from him but common courtesy. Am I being unreasonable?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-03-2004, 02:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I would whoop him. Nuff said.
#3 Old 08-03-2004, 02:11 PM
Banned

No, you're not being unreasonable, but you can't force him to go. Is there another person you could ask?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-03-2004, 02:12 PM
Veggie Regular

It's less about him going A47 than it is about being considerate of me. I can sell the tix on the road, no prob. and have some girlfriends I met on the road last year that I plan on catching up with. That is all.
#5 Old 08-03-2004, 02:15 PM
Banned

Yes, that was very inconsiderate of him and I would tell him so.
#6 Old 08-03-2004, 09:07 PM
Veggie Regular

yeah, pretty rude and he needs to be made aware of it. maybe that will keep him from being rude to you in the future. i hate quoting dr. phil, but we do teach people how to treat us.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page