trapped - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-23-2004, 09:34 AM
Veggie Regular

I can't stand my life anymore. I am going to find someone to look after my kids and i am leaving. I don't want to deal with this anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-23-2004, 09:36 AM

Yikes! Are you okay? Did the kids burn down the house or something?

The Rev
#3 Old 07-23-2004, 09:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Leaving as in permanently or just for like an afternoon of "you-time"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Breathe....
#5 Old 07-23-2004, 10:24 AM
Veggie Regular

sorry i am just having a very hard day and want to run away from my marriage my kids everything. it is hard i really don't like were i am at right now. i think things will get better. I just have a hard time i have no hobbies friends etc. stuck in a small apt. no transportation . i went back to seattle for a visit and was so happy. I even felt stronger happier more in conrtol of my life. I just want to feel like that again. I can't leave my family 'cuz I love them . I know i should see a shrink I just can't afford it riight now.
#6 Old 07-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Veggie Regular

I can't give you any advice. But this reminds me of a book I added to my reading list of family/marriage memoirs: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=3L5YG1LRG7C66

It might not help you other than giving you a laugh or helping you to feel less alone.
#7 Old 07-23-2004, 03:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Try to get some alone time if you can, berrykat. Send the kids away with hubby or a sitter for the day. Relax or do something you've wanted to for a while. It will help put things into perspective a little. You'll be in my prayers.
#8 Old 07-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Berrykat,

Go to your family doctor as quickly as you can. He can diagnose depression and stress and possibly give you something to take the edge off while you figure out what to do.

I was recently treated for depression and I thought my world had collapsed around me. Depression can be caused by an imbalance in your brain chemicals and I learned that prolonged stress can cause that imbalance.

You can also take the depression test on www.celexa.com and print off a copy to bring to your doctor. That's what I did and it literally saved my life.

Please get help.
#9 Old 07-23-2004, 09:06 PM
Beginner

are there any community groups who offer counselling on a sliding scale? i did this and it was like 5 bucks a week. even just talking it out to an impartial person might help you get perspective... i feel like this alot ... i'm taking celexa right now, but i've moved alot etc in the past just to change and get away and it never works. if you do decide to take meds make sure you are working through your stuff also or its just a waste of time...
#10 Old 07-23-2004, 09:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't want to start a debate, but man, would national health care be nice. We gave it to the Iraqis, after all. I've seen too many people not get the care they need due to finances. Has happened to me, too.

Good luck, and hang in there. If you've identified that Seattle makes you happy, maybe you can enumerate specific parts about it that enhance your mood, and incorporate those into your personal life? Or visit more often, and eventually move there.
#11 Old 07-24-2004, 03:23 PM
Beginner

BerryKat,

I know exactly how you feel.I am also stuck in the house all day with my 2 kids,I dont go out,and dont have any friends.Well,I do have one,but she lives in Kansas,Im in Nevada.

Just wanted to tell you that your not alone.Maybe you can have someone watch the kids for awhile so that you can have some "me" time?

VM
#12 Old 08-20-2004, 10:25 PM

ur gona emotianally hurt ur children my daddy left me when i was like 2 and iv been in hospatilized for deprssion and im in a school for gifted chidren with eotional illnesses all becauce my dad so i woud not do that please dont hurt ur children
#13 Old 08-21-2004, 09:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Mike, I know you mean well, but just because she's stressed out doesn't mean she'll hurt her children or leave them--this thread is a month old anyway (she's just venting her frustration).

I'm sorry that your dad left you and that you've had to deal with that kind of pain. It's not easy. Lots of children have to go through this sort of thing. It's not fair, but unfortunately, it's very real. Some pull through just fine, some unfortunately don't. It all has to do with the circumstances under which their parent(s) leave them, the individual child's environment, and their ability to cope. Hang in there.
#14 Old 08-21-2004, 11:49 AM
Banned

"I can't stand my life anymore."

I can't stand mine anymore either.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page