Vegan dating and relationships - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 02-22-2014, 02:48 PM

I don't think I could date someone who wasn't at least vegetarian.  That being said, when I started dating my boyfriend, we both ate meat and we transitioned to being vegetarian together.  We're not vegan but I avoid animal products as much as possible, I'm kind of lactose intolerant anyway.  He, not so much.... avoids it but not the same way I do.  Still.  Similar views.

It's hard dating someone with different views in general - politics, religious, etc.  Things like this are just the same.  While your views don't necessarily have to be identical, it's probably important that they are relatively similar.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 03-06-2014, 05:32 PM

I would only date at least a vegetarian girl. I'm a so cal college student, and so far I've met 0 veg girls.
#33 Old 03-13-2014, 02:41 PM
Veg & two wheels

I was wondering where you guy & girls look for veg*n people to date.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 03-13-2014, 02:46 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurak View Post

I never really "looked" for people to date, it just always kind of happened. I really am one of those vegans who let other people know exactly where I stand if the subject of food comes up, or clothing, or world issues, so I tend to find out who is a vegan pretty fast.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#35 Old 03-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurak View Post

Go to whole foods, chat with people buying plant milks, faux meat, and large quantities of fruit. Ask if they're veg*n and single, then profit. You can tell a lot about a person from what food they buy.

For an older crowd, vegan potlucks and meet up groups would be a safe bet.
#36 Old 03-14-2014, 10:55 PM

That's a really bad ass idea. Wow. And whole foods has the fancy health conscious women too!
#37 Old 03-25-2014, 02:19 PM

I've personally been in a lot of situations where I had to stay true to myself no matter what everyone else around me thought or did so I know I can do it again. As with relationships, there are certain things that strike more cords in me than others.  I could personally be with a meat eater, because I know that I am doing the best I can by not pushing my beliefs on others and just being the example.  Although I do care about animal welfare, I must admit that I'm not as passionate about that as I am about helping people improve their lives, giving back, etc. 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page