sexism - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Veggie Regular

so guys my mom and dad are pretty nice and i love them bt they are kind of sexist as they treat me better than they treat my sisters and it's been horrible for me those days cause i am trying to go and study in the uk so i asked my mom and dad did you ask my sisters if they wanna study in another country they said that yeah we did and that my sister said no we don't wanna go to study in another country now if i go to school i can't go with a clear conscience as i wanna be equal to my sisters i really need your opinions and help on what i should do to change my mom and dad to the better?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Banned

Okay Sam, I'm going to put my hand in the air and admit I don't understand this one.

"so i asked my mom and dad did you ask my sisters if they wanna study in another country they said that yeah we did and that my sister said no we don't wanna go to study in another country"

So your sister was given the same opportunity as you but chose not to take up the offer?  No problem, it just wasn't for her.

"now if i go to school i can't go with a clear conscience as i wanna be equal to my sisters"

But you are being treated equal to your sister ~ she was given the same options.

#3 Old 08-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet-Vegan View Post

Okay Sam, I'm going to put my hand in the air and admit I don't understand this one.

"so i asked my mom and dad did you ask my sisters if they wanna study in another country they said that yeah we did and that my sister said no we don't wanna go to study in another country"

So your sister was given the same opportunity as you but chose not to take up the offer?  No problem, it just wasn't for her.

"now if i go to school i can't go with a clear conscience as i wanna be equal to my sisters"

But you are being treated equal to your sister ~ she was given the same options.

i am sorry forgive me for the typos 

my sisters said that they were given the question bt then i called my other sister who lives in the states and she said that dad doesn't really care much of her and now i feel really bad because she studys a lot and she works hard alot she has been working alot since a long time and i think that she should be rewarded on the other hand i am nothing like her like i don't study like her i am not as nicee and caring as her

and i wouldn't go happy to collage unless all of my family is treated just like me and that we are equal?

Thank you

#4 Old 08-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Even if your sisters hadn't been offered the same opportunity, do you think it's likely that your parents would start treating your sisters more fairly if you didn't take the opportunities they offered you? If so then by all means stay and convince your parents to change. If not then maybe it makes more sense to come up with another creative solution. For example, maybe you go study abroad and once you're settled invite your sisters to come join you and figure out a way to help them. Or maybe figure out a way to help other women obtain educational opportunities as proxies for your sisters.
sam alshebany likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page