Vegan Significant Other A Must? - Page 10 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#271 Old 11-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Impeach the gangster

Just yesterday, I met a woman online at a dating site. I'm a little amazed. She's 17-years younger than me, successful and gorgeous, and she contacted me. We chatted for six-hours. She's an antique dealer and is currently in Malaysia on a buying trip. We even made a pact to cancel our subscriptions to the dating site, so we can concentrate on each other. There are problems to be overcome; for example, she lives in Kentucky, while I live in Wisconsin. She says age and distance don't matter; she wants to find out if we're right for each other. I mentioned to her that I'm vegan, without making a big deal of it. She made no comment, but I feel pretty sure she's an omnivore. This is a big conflict for me, because otherwise, she seems to be everything I could ever want in a partner.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 Old 11-27-2012, 06:15 AM
Veggie Regular

i am not a vegan but vegetarian became one after i got married to my husband, we have been together for 10 years married for 3.

all i know is that its much harder if one partner is omnivore and one is vegetarian, he cooks for himself and buys his own food, i also buy and cook my own food.

when i fell pregnant we argued almost everyday because i was vegetarian and i fell of the wagon cause i just couldnt argue anymore.  he just didnt want to let it go and made me feel so guilty for my believes.

he knows that i have always had a problem with eating meat but situations come up where we bumps heads.

the forever you are not getting in enough protein etc. really drains me sometime. now he makes sure i drink a protein shake everyday.

as i love my husband we make it work but if i had a choice i would def have dated and married a vegetarian or vegan.  He married an omnivore who became a vegetarian so bit harder for him i think dozey.gif

hard when you share different views.

#273 Old 11-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

That must have been so hard. My bf knows that if I got pregnant and he tried to get me to eat meat, he would have at least one broken limb laugh.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#274 Old 11-27-2012, 12:07 PM

I've literally just met someone... kinda.
We seem so compatible, but when we mentioned diet, he joked about me having salads and him pork or something.
And I made a face...

And he said "Hey, I won't try to change you, so don't try to change me."

Don't know what to think about that, because it does bother me ...

#275 Old 11-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

That must have been so hard. My bf knows that if I got pregnant and he tried to get me to eat meat, he would have at least one broken limb laugh.gif

It def wasnt easy at all danakscully64, i really wanted to stay vegetarian but he really took a hard stand against me, i regret not staying true to myself but one can only learn from your mistakes and move on.

It will not happen again.

Next time will give you a call, you can sort him out... PUNCH PUNCH KICK

#276 Old 11-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindofeclipsed View Post

We seem so compatible, but when we mentioned diet, he joked about me having salads and him pork or something.
And I made a face...

Don't know what to think about that, because it does bother me ...

Unfortunately what he says is true.  If you are going to be in a relationship with a guy eating meat you will have to learn to accept that.  AND its not easy. ESP if they bring their midnight snack to bed which is 'biltong' dried out meat.  "run for the hills"

but being vegetarian for me is everyones unique and own journey so i just live my life and if that changes someones views for the better, excellent, i try not to judge or make comments.

#277 Old 11-27-2012, 11:52 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasandra View Post

but being vegetarian for me is everyones unique and own journey so i just live my life and if that changes someones views for the better, excellent, i try not to judge or make comments.

I think it's perfectly okay to comment, especially since the animals are the ones that are suffering. They are the victims, and I know you'd want someone to stand up for you as well. Society wants us to keep our comments to ourselves so that they can keep exploiting animals. While I think being a good influence is great, there needs to be some room for a firm stance of right and wrong, hence why I'd have trouble dating someone who would continue to eat meat after I have shown them what the animals go through.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#278 Old 11-28-2012, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasandra View Post

It def wasnt easy at all danakscully64, i really wanted to stay vegetarian but he really took a hard stand against me, i regret not staying true to myself but one can only learn from your mistakes and move on.

It will not happen again.

Next time will give you a call, you can sort him out... PUNCH PUNCH KICK

I got your back, Yo afro.gif

#279 Old 11-29-2012, 01:06 AM

Dating a veg*n was always something that was incredibly important to me a when I first went veg. About 4 years ago when I started travelling to remote areas, I put myself in a "well... if you don't date a carnivore, you're gunna be lonely for a long time..," situation. I find every person I have ever dated/had a fling with/whatever has been incredibly respectful of my beliefs and would pretty much eat vegan around me with very few exceptions.

I think they only time I'd ever have issues with someone not being veg is if we lived together or had kids. I'm don't want kids so I guess there's only one issue that would ever come up.

All that being said, I've been dating a vegetarian for the last few weeks and it's been absolutely wonderful being with someone that has the same passion as I do. It's also very nice not worrying if someone ate a tuna sandwich 20 minutes before I kiss them.

#280 Old 11-30-2012, 05:37 PM

This is a very interesting thread.

I think....we all need to think about our own personal values.

Then we need to think about 10 qualities we look for in a significant other, mate, love, partner, etc. Out of the 10, which four are MUST haves/deal breakers? Which are gray areas in which you might bend and compromise? Which ones would you be more flexible and open-minded about?

I would imagine it would depend where you placed your vegan/vegetarian lifestyle on the continuum....

“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” ~ Mohandas Gandhi

#281 Old 11-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veganesque View Post

This is a very interesting thread.

I think....we all need to think about our own personal values.

Then we need to think about 10 qualities we look for in a significant other, mate, love, partner, etc. Out of the 10, which four are MUST haves/deal breakers? Which are gray areas in which you might bend and compromise? Which ones would you be more flexible and open-minded about?

I would imagine it would depend where you placed your vegan/vegetarian lifestyle on the continuum....

O.o

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#282 Old 11-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindofeclipsed View Post

I used to think that. "If he's accepting of my diet, I will accept his." Definitely doesn't work that way!
I live with my omni boyfriend and we buy/prepare our own meals. He eats a LOT of chicken, and doesn't clean up after himself very well. He uses the George Foreman and there's crap all over the counter after...chicken chunks in the sink...I let him know it bothers me- not only does it gross me out but it is not sanitary- and he's been better about cleaning up.
I'm planning on watching Forks Over Knives with him tomorrow in hopes that he will at least make some positive healthy changes. He does not like/eat ANY VEGETABLES. Pickiness is a huge part of the problem. He also just has weird ideas about what is healthy...he won't even eat whole grains because he is trying to avoid carbs.

I really am hoping that some day he will eat a veg*n diet, and I know that's not good in case it never happens...
#283 Old 12-01-2012, 07:25 AM

It's really tricky, what a person is willing to accept from others, and what they are willing to accept in return. 

I'm willing to accept a girl who's not vegetarian, but I just can't understand when people (mostly guys you hear about), are nasty and judgemental about their partners vegetarianism or veganism. I think a key think to look for in a partner is some who's understanding.

Btw stoked you found someone nice Capstan, shame about the distance. Hope it works out. 

Awesome vegetarian and vegan dating at http://www.myvegetariandating.com/
#284 Old 12-22-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

i can't answer this adequately at the moment, but I can't let the "compassionately treated animals that were slaughtered humanely" phrase exist here without saying that I think you might look into the issue of what that means a little further.  The meat industry really tries to convince consumers that this is realistic, and it's not.  Also, I urge you to learn about animal treatment in the dairy and egg industries.  For the dairy industry, the idea of "compassionately treated animals" is so nonexistent as to be meaningless.

I know it's a rare thing to be able to say honestly that an animal was treat humanely, but I DO know that some are. Why? Because my dad insists on raising beef cows. I am 100% against it, but I give a lot as far as care for those animals, and I can truly say that they were treated like angels and died in a split second with no pain. It's still an awful, terrible thing to think about, but at least they didn't suffer.

As far as the eggs and milk, I will continue eating them as part of my normal diet. Why? Because I know exactly where it came from. My parents buy fresh eggs straight from a farm. The chickens are fed chicken feed (vegetarian, I believe) and are allowed to roam free. The cows are the same way. Fed right, treated right. 

If I lived in a city, or else where where I couldn't access fresh eggs and milk and had no clue where it came from, I'd become a vegan. But right now, I'm not. Because I just don't see how doing what is natural, doing what God designed them to do, hurts them. A chicken's gonna lay eggs, whether their fertilized or not, and whether we eat them or not. I don't think that should go to waste. I actually have my own ducks. While they're not laying right now, for some unknown reason, I don't hesitate to eat the eggs that they lay. Only when it's not mating season, of course. 

I am about to test out a vegan diet in January, but not because I think that eggs and milk hurt animals, but because I know I need more vegetables in my diet. After I'm used to practically living off of veggies, I'll slowly add yogurt and eggs back in. 

I do really appreciate you trying to educate me, but I think I have my beliefs straight. :-)

#285 Old 12-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

Just yesterday, I met a woman online at a dating site. I'm a little amazed. She's 17-years younger than me, successful and gorgeous, and she contacted me. We chatted for six-hours. She's an antique dealer and is currently in Malaysia on a buying trip. We even made a pact to cancel our subscriptions to the dating site, so we can concentrate on each other. There are problems to be overcome; for example, she lives in Kentucky, while I live in Wisconsin. She says age and distance don't matter; she wants to find out if we're right for each other. I mentioned to her that I'm vegan, without making a big deal of it. She made no comment, but I feel pretty sure she's an omnivore. This is a big conflict for me, because otherwise, she seems to be everything I could ever want in a partner.

Just as a follow-up, this turned out to be another scam artist. Please be careful when using online dating sites. After a week of intimate conversation, the Malaysian banks suddenly wouldn't cash "her" checks, and she wanted to temporarily borrow $1400, so she could get back to the States and we could meet. I checked with the FBI and found this is a common scam. I filed a complaint with them, the FTC, the dating site, and Yahoo Messenger. There were probably several people involved. The pictures they sent me of "her" were likely stolen, and they likely got the name out of the phone book. Filthy *******s!

No, I didn't "loan" them the money.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#286 Old 12-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustFlower35 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

i can't answer this adequately at the moment, but I can't let the "compassionately treated animals that were slaughtered humanely" phrase exist here without saying that I think you might look into the issue of what that means a little further.  The meat industry really tries to convince consumers that this is realistic, and it's not.  Also, I urge you to learn about animal treatment in the dairy and egg industries.  For the dairy industry, the idea of "compassionately treated animals" is so nonexistent as to be meaningless.

I know it's a rare thing to be able to say honestly that an animal was treat humanely, but I DO know that some are. Why? Because my dad insists on raising beef cows. I am 100% against it, but I give a lot as far as care for those animals, and I can truly say that they were treated like angels and died in a split second with no pain. It's still an awful, terrible thing to think about, but at least they didn't suffer.

As far as the eggs and milk, I will continue eating them as part of my normal diet. Why? Because I know exactly where it came from. My parents buy fresh eggs straight from a farm. The chickens are fed chicken feed (vegetarian, I believe) and are allowed to roam free. The cows are the same way. Fed right, treated right. 

If I lived in a city, or else where where I couldn't access fresh eggs and milk and had no clue where it came from, I'd become a vegan. But right now, I'm not. Because I just don't see how doing what is natural, doing what God designed them to do, hurts them. A chicken's gonna lay eggs, whether their fertilized or not, and whether we eat them or not. I don't think that should go to waste. I actually have my own ducks. While they're not laying right now, for some unknown reason, I don't hesitate to eat the eggs that they lay. Only when it's not mating season, of course. 

I am about to test out a vegan diet in January, but not because I think that eggs and milk hurt animals, but because I know I need more vegetables in my diet. After I'm used to practically living off of veggies, I'll slowly add yogurt and eggs back in. 

I do really appreciate you trying to educate me, but I think I have my beliefs straight. :-)

What does the egg farm do with the male chicks when they are born? On the dairy farm, what happens to the male calves? When the cows stop producing milk, and the hens stop laying, what do these farms do with them then?

And you don't get cheese pizza or anything with unsourced dairy or eggs? I am not trying to be mean, but most people don't know of the sad short life of the male dairy calf (killed for veal at a few weeks of a torturous life) and male baby chicks, who are often chucked in a grinder alive.
#287 Old 12-26-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

What does the egg farm do with the male chicks when they are born? On the dairy farm, what happens to the male calves? When the cows stop producing milk, and the hens stop laying, what do these farms do with them then?
And you don't get cheese pizza or anything with unsourced dairy or eggs? I am not trying to be mean, but most people don't know of the sad short life of the male dairy calf (killed for veal at a few weeks of a torturous life) and male baby chicks, who are often chucked in a grinder alive.

Oh, yes. The pizza, I totally understand. And really, the yogurt I eat can't contain milk from rightfully treated animals. I may just cut all of that out of my diet completely. I suppose I wasn't considering the little things like that.

The farms are not dedicated to one animal, actually. They're small family farms. The store we get them from is a small business, not a chain store or anything, that buys from those families. Then we also get eggs from a man who gives eggs away as a ministry. He completely babies his chickens and gives the eggs away. 

I'm really not certain what they may do with the male cows and chickens. But I can say that they don't have the means to torture the poor things. If they are killed, I'm certain that it's in the most humane way possible, and that every single part is used. 

I dunno. I've had a LOT of headaches over the last few days. Maybe I'll become one of those "relaxed" vegans. You know, never eating eggs or milk on purpose, but not freaking out if they do. That wouldn't be a terrible thing of me to do, right?

#288 Old 12-26-2012, 10:28 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:

Just as a follow-up, this turned out to be another scam artist. Please be careful when using online dating sites. After a week of intimate conversation, the Malaysian banks suddenly wouldn't cash "her" checks, and she wanted to temporarily borrow $1400, so she could get back to the States and we could meet. I checked with the FBI and found this is a common scam. I filed a complaint with them, the FTC, the dating site, and Yahoo Messenger. There were probably several people involved. The pictures they sent me of "her" were likely stolen, and they likely got the name out of the phone book. Filthy *******s!

Oh wow. That sucks. Yeah I have heard of those type scams. 

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#289 Old 12-26-2012, 10:31 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:

Oh, yes. The pizza, I totally understand. And really, the yogurt I eat can't contain milk from rightfully treated animals. I may just cut all of that out of my diet completely. I suppose I wasn't considering the little things like that.

The farms are not dedicated to one animal, actually. They're small family farms. The store we get them from is a small business, not a chain store or anything, that buys from those families. Then we also get eggs from a man who gives eggs away as a ministry. He completely babies his chickens and gives the eggs away. 

I'm really not certain what they may do with the male cows and chickens. But I can say that they don't have the means to torture the poor things. If they are killed, I'm certain that it's in the most humane way possible, and that every single part is used. 

I dunno. I've had a LOT of headaches over the last few days. Maybe I'll become one of those "relaxed" vegans. You know, never eating eggs or milk on purpose, but not freaking out if they do. That wouldn't be a terrible thing of me to do, right?

Animals don't deserve to be exploited. Period =/. I'm kind of a relaxed vegan. I have to be at my college otherwise I'd just be eating salad all day. If it looks vegan, I eat it.  No it's not a terrible thing to do. I actually prefer doing this rather than constantly asking waiters about what's in the bread or pasta (not because I'm lazy) but because I actually read that this can be detrimental and make us look like we are starving ourselves. (In the long run, forgoing  "trace ingredients" are also not at the forefront of helping these poor animals) I remember being at a restuarant and not even getting the pasta because it contained honey...it was about the only thing I could eat. I had a salad but it was not what I needed,not filling at all. I kind of think it would have been better in the long run had I just gotten the pasta cuz I'm sure the waiter who probably doesn't understand veganism, thinks I was depriving myself.

#290 Old 12-26-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post

Animals don't deserve to be exploited. Period =/. I'm kind of a relaxed vegan. I have to be at my college otherwise I'd just be eating salad all day. If it looks vegan, I eat it.  No it's not a terrible thing to do. I actually prefer doing this rather than constantly asking waiters about what's in the bread or pasta (not because I'm lazy) but because I actually read that this can be detrimental and make us look like we are starving ourselves. (In the long run, forgoing  "trace ingredients" are also not at the forefront of helping these poor animals) I remember being at a restuarant and not even getting the pasta because it contained honey...it was about the only thing I could eat. I had a salad but it was not what I needed,not filling at all. I kind of think it would have been better in the long run had I just gotten the pasta cuz I'm sure the waiter who probably doesn't understand veganism, thinks I was depriving myself.

notworthy.gifWow, I believe you just lifted a huge weight off of my shoulders. I keep asking myself all these questions that I know I can't answer. I get what's in the ingredients and why I shouldn't eat them and all. I just keep wondering if I should leave if off completely. If depriving myself of nearly every store-bought thing out there is really a good idea. 

This is what I'll do then. If it looks vegan, eat it up. And not worry over the teeny-tiny little less-than-2%-of's. I think some veggie sausages have just a little tiny bit of egg whites in them, and I was worried that I might have to throw them out because I wouldn't eat them! 

#291 Old 12-26-2012, 11:20 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:

notworthy.gifWow, I believe you just lifted a huge weight off of my shoulders. I keep asking myself all these questions that I know I can't answer. I get what's in the ingredients and why I shouldn't eat them and all. I just keep wondering if I should leave if off completely. If depriving myself of nearly every store-bought thing out there is really a good idea. 

This is what I'll do then. If it looks vegan, eat it up. And not worry over the teeny-tiny little less-than-2%-of's. I think some veggie sausages have just a little tiny bit of egg whites in them, and I was worried that I might have to throw them out because I wouldn't eat them! 

I'm glad ^_^ You can but you don't really need to stress over it so much as I thought I needed to before. No one expects you to memorize the animal ingredient list A to Z, though it is available (plus some things like glycerin could be vegetable or animal and you'd have to take the time to ask the company to find out. I usually don't sweat about that too much but I completely understand if other vegans want their food to be as veganly as possible) Just be aware of the common ones that vegans expect you to know like gelatin, rennet, whey, confectioner's glaze,  and to avoid them when practical.

If you are out at a restuarant or party and something is vegan except for some minute trace ingredient (I don't mean a veggie burger covered in cheese here, I mean like you're not really sure or otherwise it looks, or you can alter it to be, vegan. Just ASK to make sure a veggie burger is a veggie burger and NOT a meat burger. =x  It can get tricky sometimes. I had a "shroom burger" turn out to actually be a meat burger once to my shock. Glad my family caught that one before that got registered) then don't sweat about it so much. It's not worth it. Just when you buy your own food make sure it's generally vegan. I tend to not worry so much about the full ingredient list of a dish at restuarants, but in grocery stores I read the labels to make sure there are none of those common animal ingredients on there. You can look at Peta's Accidentally vegan page and you might be surprised to find the foods you love that are generally considered vegan, though not labeled as such.

You also may want to look at Happy Cow.net and they can tell you what places are more so vegan friendly. You can read reviews from other vegans on places to eat! :)

http://www.happycow.net

As for those veggie sausages, I'd say use them up but don't get them again if they do contain egg white (I don't mean the "may contain" I mean if they DO contain) get a vegan brand :)

#292 Old 12-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:

Oh wow. That sucks. Yeah I have heard of those type scams. 

Yes, please be careful. If someone asks you to cancel your account with the dating site, so you can get "closer," report them at once to the site administrators, because they are trying to isolate you and protect themselves. Never give personal information, like e-mail addresses or passwords, no matter how attractive your new "friend" may appear.

"She" even professed a willingness to go veg*n, in order to farther win my confidence. These scammy low-lifes will do anything to steal your money.

#293 Old 12-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:

I'm sorry, that's very sad :-(

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#294 Old 12-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

I'm sorry, that's very sad :-(

Sad isn't the word I have in mind. I'd like to catch these mother******s and give them the "word" I mean!

#295 Old 12-27-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:

I'm glad ^_^ You can but you don't really need to stress over it so much as I thought I needed to before. No one expects you to memorize the animal ingredient list A to Z, though it is available (plus some things like glycerin could be vegetable or animal and you'd have to take the time to ask the company to find out. I usually don't sweat about that too much but I completely understand if other vegans want their food to be as veganly as possible) Just be aware of the common ones that vegans expect you to know like gelatin, rennet, whey, confectioner's glaze,  and to avoid them when practical.

If you are out at a restuarant or party and something is vegan except for some minute trace ingredient (I don't mean a veggie burger covered in cheese here, I mean like you're not really sure or otherwise it looks, or you can alter it to be, vegan. Just ASK to make sure a veggie burger is a veggie burger and NOT a meat burger. =x  It can get tricky sometimes. I had a "shroom burger" turn out to actually be a meat burger once to my shock. Glad my family caught that one before that got registered) then don't sweat about it so much. It's not worth it. Just when you buy your own food make sure it's generally vegan. I tend to not worry so much about the full ingredient list of a dish at restuarants, but in grocery stores I read the labels to make sure there are none of those common animal ingredients on there. You can look at Peta's Accidentally vegan page and you might be surprised to find the foods you love that are generally considered vegan, though not labeled as such.

You also may want to look at Happy Cow.net and they can tell you what places are more so vegan friendly. You can read reviews from other vegans on places to eat! :)

http://www.happycow.net

As for those veggie sausages, I'd say use them up but don't get them again if they do contain egg white (I don't mean the "may contain" I mean if they DO contain) get a vegan brand :)

Awesome. I feel like this is gonna be a heck of a lot easier. I already avoid rennet and gelatin at all costs, so avoiding the other obvious ones shouldn't be too hard. 

That what I'm thinking about doing. Like, when I buy or make my own food, make certain that it's vegan, but if I'm out somewhere, just eat what looks vegan and isn't meat. I'm really hoping to find a nice vegan restaurant to go to for my birthday, but that might be a little challenging considering where I live..

#296 Old 12-27-2012, 02:06 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:

Awesome. I feel like this is gonna be a heck of a lot easier. I already avoid rennet and gelatin at all costs, so avoiding the other obvious ones shouldn't be too hard. 

That what I'm thinking about doing. Like, when I buy or make my own food, make certain that it's vegan, but if I'm out somewhere, just eat what looks vegan and isn't meat. I'm really hoping to find a nice vegan restaurant to go to for my birthday, but that might be a little challenging considering where I live..

That sounds like plan :)

I had a vegan cake for my birthday once :) Twas awesome. From none other than whole foods. My friends liked it. I loved it, my brothers thought it was really bad o.O They just aren't used to a more nutty cake I think :) Hope you can go to a vegan restuarant for your birthday! =) That would be totally awesome. I usually have to settle for one that has just more vegan options like Thai or Indian. =)

#297 Old 12-27-2012, 05:40 PM

Well, one of our Mexican resturants has a vegetarian menu, but well, that's vegetarian. :-p

#298 Old 12-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Well, one of our Mexican resturants has a vegetarian menu, but well, that's vegetarian. :-p

Once I went to a Mexican food place that had a vegetarian menu, but the dishes were made with lard and chicken stock. Beware!
#299 Old 12-27-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:

Once I went to a Mexican food place that had a vegetarian menu, but the dishes were made with lard and chicken stock. Beware!

Oh, that's sick! I'll need to ask about that. Might be hard though, considering everyone who works there speaks limited English. :-/

#300 Old 12-27-2012, 11:14 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:

Yep that has happened. Though I have gotten lucky and a few waiters caught on when I was ordering a veggie fajita and they told me they would switch to the vegetarian rice cuz the other was made with chicken broth. Ew. 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page