Has anyone decided to not have sex until marriage, after they've already had sex? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

I've had quite a lot of sex since I started having sex when I was 17,

And now, I would like to not have sex until I get married, has anyone changed their 'requirements' for sex at some point in life?

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
#3 Old 06-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Sorry, wrong thread and double post! Fail!

But to answer your question, I personally haven't, but if you feel like it is something you want to do, go for it! Make sure you state your new perimeters with your partner/ any new partner, and if they don't accept them, they aren't for you. You deserve someone who will respect you and your decisions, no matter what.

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
#4 Old 06-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I didn't wait until I was married but, I promote it now however, it should be between the couple and their private decision if they want to have sex before marriage or not. If you have had sex with someone and now your serious of waiting for your special someone in your life after you get married well follow your heart if you decide to wait.
#5 Old 06-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Veggie Regular

No, I've never changed my requirements.

If this is something you want to do, I see nothing wrong with it.

However, it's probably a good idea to forewarn any new potential sexual partner before hand, or things could get awkward.

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
#6 Old 06-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Beginner

I've had sex in the past, and no longer want it until marriage. Virginity may be a technicality, a status often kept by people who love sex, just not penetrative sex. I think a much better word is "chaste".

I may not be able to "un-lose" my virginity, but I can choose to be chaste until marriage, not sharing this part of myself with another person until that person is my wife.
#7 Old 06-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes. I started having sex at 18, and have since had lots. Mostly with people I was not in a relationship with. Now that I'm older I don't really want to sleep with someone who I'm not in a serious, committed, monogamous relationship with. I don't really care about waiting until marriage, as I think that marriage is somewhat arbitrary, but I won't sleep with someone unless I can see myself marrying them. I think I sort of got it out of my system.

"If you are lonely when you're alone, you are in bad company."
Jean-Paul Sartre
#8 Old 06-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post

However, it's probably a good idea to forewarn any new potential sexual partner before hand, or things could get awkward.

Yes, very important. Some predator type guys could even get violent over it later (and even find it a challenge to "get you" ["typical hunter" type guy] ), I can really imagine (I'm the opposite of those type of guys, but I know there's plenty of those guys out there [ my Wife had a boyfriend who was a classic example].)
There's enough miscommunication between two people even when everything is brought out in the open. (this also applies to the other thread in regard to " playing hard to get". Be clear up front and during. No "playing".)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page