My boyfriend just made me very happy - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Get your mind out of the gutter, guys :P

I was on the phone to him just now, and we were talking about a few things, like how our days were and I started to wonder aloud what I should have for dinner. We got on to a conversation about food, I mentioned I needed to get hold of some vegan worcestershire sauce, he asked what was in it, I told him anchovies so it wasn't even vegetarian. He said "guess I won't be using it after we live together". I asked why not; I've never said anything to him about changing his diet, I've never said anything about a meat-free home when we start living together this summer, and he's never voiced much of an interest in changing either. But he told me that when we move in together he's going to try going vegetarian, and even if he can't manage it all the time we're having a veggie house

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-15-2011, 11:56 AM

Yay!!!!!! That's great news! I'm so glad for you.....both of you
#3 Old 03-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Ankle Biter

That's what we do here, too.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Beginner

Your bf rocks just for even thinking of joining the veg team I am really happy for you!!
Im jealous now :P My bf still asks sometimes to buy him meat when i'm grocery shopping for myself :/ meh.

herb is the gift from the earth and what's from the earth is of the greatest worth
so before you knock it try it first
you'll see it's a blessing and not a curse
#5 Old 03-15-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

Get your mind out of the gutter, guys :P

I was on the phone to him just now, and we were talking about a few things, like how our days were and I started to wonder aloud what I should have for dinner. We got on to a conversation about food, I mentioned I needed to get hold of some vegan worcestershire sauce, he asked what was in it, I told him anchovies so it wasn't even vegetarian. He said "guess I won't be using it after we live together". I asked why not; I've never said anything to him about changing his diet, I've never said anything about a meat-free home when we start living together this summer, and he's never voiced much of an interest in changing either. But he told me that when we move in together he's going to try going vegetarian, and even if he can't manage it all the time we're having a veggie house

That's so great! You're a very lucky veg! My partner is actually doing the same thing. He is an omni, and we are moving in together in September. Without a question he agreed to living in a completely vegan household. I would never ask him to change hi diet, but for him to be so open and willing to live completely vegan while in our home is so thoughtful.

Congrats!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mathatma Gandhi
#6 Old 03-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Super awesome!! I'm jealous!!
#7 Old 03-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm happy for you! What a sweet guy.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#8 Old 03-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm glad you found a good one!
#9 Old 03-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Veggie Regular

WOOT DE LA WOOT WOOT! That is so awesome!!

Chillin' in my blue jeans!
#10 Old 03-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Veggie Regular

That is awesome!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#11 Old 03-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm just amazed at how completely out-of-the-blue it was. I've never tried to change him, it just didn't seem like his thing, and his anxiety disorder makes eating difficult for him as it is. But he said that he thinks he feels better on veggie food anyway. And when a friend of mine went veggie a few weeks ago, my boy said he saw how happy I was and decided that he wanted to make me that happy <3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#12 Old 03-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Ira
Banned

Thats super nice of him, congratulations on a wonderful boyfriend
#13 Old 03-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

And when a friend of mine went veggie a few weeks ago, my boy said he saw how happy I was and decided that he wanted to make me that happy <3

^ I think that's my favorite part! That is really awesome, for many reasons. Obviously because he's going to try to be veggie, and support having a veggie home. But I love that YOU didn't try to change him. HE decided it, and that is key. Yay for both of you
#14 Old 03-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Awesome guy!

Disclaimer: I'm insane.
#15 Old 03-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Veggie Regular

how fantastic is that?!

Went vegetarian on the 27th December 2013!
#16 Old 03-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Veggie Regular

awesome....hippie for you guys

peace

LOud & PRoud Veggie-Tari-Jenn~~(KNOT)~~ Vegan and NEVER Will Be.
Be Cents-able...Use Coupons!!~~PEace, LOVe & Beautiful COLORFUL RAinbows!!
#17 Old 03-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Excellent!!
#18 Old 03-20-2011, 01:04 AM
Veggie Regular

That's awesome. This story makes me happy. =)
My boyfriend has his ups and downs with the veg thing. Mostly very supportive, but occasionally has down moments making unnecessary comments about my food.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page