Non veg*n family members eating specifically veg*n food? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-01-2010, 06:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Does this annoy anyone else as much as it annoys me?

My sister is constantly eating my specifically veg*n food such as quorn sandwich slices, and I've tried to ask her to stop, but she replies,

"No, it's not just yours, I think it's nice".

Surely, as there's non-veg*n alternatives, shouldn't they be priority so I can actually eat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-01-2010, 07:41 AM

i don't know... isn't it good that she's enjoying vegan food and therefore not consuming as much non vegan food?

It's got to be frustrating having her nick your food, especially if it leaves you without any, but (im guessing) since you live at home, can't you just ask your parents to buy more vegan food for the whole family? isn't that win-win?
#3 Old 08-01-2010, 07:54 AM

my whole family are always scarfing my food !! i dont mind at all as i like people to eat what i cook, but it does get annoying if they leave me with hardly anything which has happened before. i ripped into them all for it once and it hasnt happened since.lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Dude' date='01 August 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1280665161' post='2681590 View Post

Does this annoy anyone else as much as it annoys me?

My sister is constantly eating my specifically veg*n food such as quorn sandwich slices, and I've tried to ask her to stop, but she replies,

"No, it's not just yours, I think it's nice".

Surely, as there's non-veg*n alternatives, shouldn't they be priority so I can actually eat?

No, I think you should be pleased that family members are actively enjoying and seeking out vegetarian food instead of being all butt hurt about it. You are a tad different from 99% off the veg*ns around here. Most of them want their family members to eat more veg*n food. You seriously want family members to eat more meat? Why? Why on earth aren't you pleased they are choosing quorn over ham? Just buy more quorn and less ham (or whatever meaty slice that you want her to eat). Problem solved. Food is meant to be shared, anyway.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#5 Old 08-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

They're the type of people that would rather die than go vegetarian, but I can understand if they try bits to see what it's like, but when my sister uses the last of my veg*n whatever for her dinner just because she doesn't like what everyone else is having, it peeves me off slightly.

BTW, I don't want them to eat more meat, just less of the stuff that is put aside specially for me to eat.
#6 Old 08-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

I completely understand, I hated it when my family would steal my food, leaving me with nothing. It doesn't matter if you paid for it or not, if she wants that food, tell her to go to the store and get it herself (or ask your Mom to pick up extra). Reminds me of the people who eat all of the veggie pizza, leaving none for the vegetarian.

How old is she?
#7 Old 08-01-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Dude' date='01 August 2010 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1280698282' post='2681790 View Post

They're the type of people that would rather die than go vegetarian, but I can understand if they try bits to see what it's like, but when my sister uses the last of my veg*n whatever for her dinner just because she doesn't like what everyone else is having, it peeves me off slightly.

BTW, I don't want them to eat more meat, just less of the stuff that is put aside specially for me to eat.

Yes- that would bug me, too. On the other hand, if they showed an interest in my lifestyle, it'd be a different story. But when it's just to consume- and to consume your food that is your ONLY option, then it would bug. I getchya!
#8 Old 08-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Well it annoys me when they leave me with nothing else to eat, but when that's the case they just buy more and we all enjoy it, so I think you have to ask your sister to buy veg*n stuff for you both when she eats all of yours or, as some over here have said, you could ask your parents to include veg*n stuff in the regular family food.

I think you should be happy that your sister is trying veg*n food

Vegards,
Yen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
http://www.facebook.yenhowell.com

Twitter: @yenhowell
#9 Old 08-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm happy enough that no one complains when they have a meat-free dinner, but I would be upset if anyone in my family constantly ate my food and didn't pay for any of it just because it's expensive!!

While today is still today, choose well.
#10 Old 08-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

My boyfriend always drinks all my chocolate Almond Breeze, I can't keep that stuff in the house! Also people tend to devour my tofutti dill dip and hummus and veggie ground round and stuff when we have guests over.

I'm usually delighted to see people scarfing down vegan food though. I can understand why your sister eating all your Quorn would be super annoying though, she should pay for it herself if she's old enough, or she should at least ask your mum to buy extra since you're both eating it.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#11 Old 08-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Reminds me of the people who eat all of the veggie pizza, leaving none for the vegetarian.

Soooo true! I seriously have to hurry up and grab veg pizza during office functions because otherwise, all the meat-eaters will consume it even though it was ordered with me in mind. I always find that funny.

As to the OP, it does suck that she's swiping your food. If at all possible, I would really try to use it as an opportunity to encourage the fam to eat more veg. Try to turn the negative into a positive? Get your sis hooked on the yummy veg food and then maybe it's an argument to keep more of it in the house since you're both eating it? Cook an omni-friendly meal for your folks occasionally... something like veg chili that reminds them of their omnivorous food yet is really veg?

Blog: www.imarriedanomnivore.com
Twitter: @vegwife

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page