Breakup - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-01-2010, 03:42 PM

-Null-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Enyo do you have suicide hotlines in your country? Please look in your phone book. I think you need to speak with a live human being.
#3 Old 02-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyMarie View Post

Enyo do you have suicide hotlines in your country? Please look in your phone book. I think you need to speak with a live human being.

I second that. It might be better to be able to talk back and forth with someone on the phone. They will also have resources available to help you. You said medication doesn't work but maybe group therapy will?...You said that it helped when you had friends around you so maybe being in a group situation would be better. You should check out if you have that available around your area.

But first and foremost you need to talk to someone about your suicidal thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyMarie View Post

I agree..
#5 Old 02-01-2010, 04:56 PM

I'm fine, for now. I'm distracting myself with other things, though the this pain feels excruciating. Crying at least relieved some stress.
#6 Old 02-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Well... you should still give a call to a hotline. It can't hurt.

Take care of yourself.
#7 Old 02-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Banned

no medications help at all, in any way? have you tried them all? it took me quite a while and a big chunk of perseverance to get a combo that helped me to think clearly, not cry hysterically constantly, and to muster up the energy to get out of bed every day. now ok, thats not flowers and rainbows, but its a wicked chance to get working on the other stuff. when did you last try medications? there have been some decent new drugs and strategies developed recently. i got me a nice combo of things going on- its a jugglign act sometimes, but when it works, it works, and it can work.

have you tried any kind of cognitive behavioural therapy? you've said that having a support system helped you- so muster all your willpower and motivation and get yourself one. it might not be your old friends, it could be group therapy, or some other kind of structure in your life like a regular volunteer position with animals (very non-judgemental and theraputic little people, they are). having someone depend upon you, who enjoys your company unconditionally and gets value out of time spent with you is a good thing. it contradicts all the crap you're telling yourself about your self worth, but honestly, if you're screwed up mentally and a dog isn't, you gotta trust his judgement when he thinks you're ok to hang out with and worthy of friendship.

i know you said hospitalisation doesn't help you, but it clearly helps to some extent- in that it prevents you from becoming dead while you're there, hmmm? it might just be what you need right now- a chance to get your head a bit clearer, in a safe place. if you build the right support system around yourself, and get the right plan in place, you should be able to catch yourself down the road when you start to backslide- before you're way back in the hole. thats the hard bit for me, cos my reflex is to cycle back through negative thought processes, and then just embrace the self pity and misery and/or apathy, cos its familiar and therefore safe- and in a sick way, comfortable. but you gotta decide that you're not gonna do that any more- its not got you anywhere that you want to be, has it? do something else- anything else apart from sitting in your room bemoaning your situation. call a helpline, call a shrink, call and get yourself hospitalised, do what you need to do to get through the next few hours and break the cycle.
#8 Old 02-01-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo Face View Post

I mistreated her for the most of our relationship -- then I changed...completely, it's almost strange to see how much.

sorry to hear youre battling to stay alive dude. if you think you really have changed completely, then prove it to the world by not going thru with this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page