VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Relationships and Family (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/25-relationships-family/)
-   -   New Relationships (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/25-relationships-family/100418-new-relationships.html)

River 07-21-2009 01:01 PM

So, I had a chance encounter with a man (I accidently spilled a plate of food on him at Organic Oasis, a restaurant in town), which led to dinner, which led to coffee, which led to talking, which has led to three subsequent dates.

He seems perfect for me, he's just... AH! So Amazing.

I recently got out of a really bad break up (recently being three months ago, I'm cool now...), I was just wondering how slow I should take this... or do you jump in with both feet? I know he feels the same way, he told me so anyhow. He just... seems too good to be true, Vegan, Tall, romantic... I feel like I need to be pinched... I just really don't want to get hurt again.

So, Go slow, or jump right in with both feet?

paisleyjane 07-21-2009 01:20 PM

No risk, no reward!! I've always been the type to jump right in with both feet.

If you feel it, why stifle it or hold it in or pretend you don't? Tell him! If you want to spend every moment with him, spend every moment with him. Nothin wrong with that

VeganTigress 07-21-2009 01:23 PM

I am the kinda girl who thinks what wouldn't you do for the right guy? I ended up with my amazing husband because of it. Had i worried about the horrible relationship i was in for the previous 5 years I may not have given my hubby to be a chance.

Chrysalis 07-21-2009 04:03 PM

Do whatever feels right. Just make sure to leave the switch in your brain turned to ''on.'' You can't fully trust someone until you've known them for a while, but that doesn't mean you can't have a good time

Tori~CL 07-21-2009 09:56 PM

Jump in and go for it. But that is just me.

Princess Peach 07-21-2009 10:03 PM

Well, I would say "go for it!" but you know me, that does not mean going to bed right away. Go for it with the dating, slow with the.. uh... other.

synergy 07-21-2009 10:05 PM

I say trust your intuition and don't hold back, but don't marry him next week either.

Tori~CL 07-21-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peach View Post

Well, I would say "go for it!" but you know me, that does not mean going to bed right away. Go for it with the dating, slow with the.. uh... other.

No need to explain.

Kiz 07-22-2009 03:32 AM

Jump right in!

Mrs. Skittles 07-22-2009 11:57 AM

I am going to jump on the bandwagon that is saying... Go for it.

I have always been the kind of girl that follows my heart (to a flaw sometimes).

You don't want to miss an opportunity and always wonder "what could have happened".

River 07-22-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peach View Post

Go for it with the dating, slow with the.. uh... other.

Hehe, I agree completely.

Thanks guys! You've totally given me the courage I need!!!

Mrs. Skittles 07-22-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricGaia View Post

Thanks guys! You've totally given me the courage I need!!!

Great! Let us know how it goes.

Skylark 07-22-2009 02:49 PM

Go slowly and wait to do anything drastic until you actually know the guy. I'm not a fan of changing anything about one's self strictly to please a SO.

There's something to be said for going for the gusto because you don't want to wonder what would have happened, but there's something to be said, too, for taking your time and being sure before getting yourself into something that's really hard to disentangle.

GhostUser 07-22-2009 09:49 PM

awwww i'm so happy for you!!!

♫lyricgaia and vegan boy, sittin in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G..."♫ teeheehee

GhostUser 07-23-2009 03:20 PM

go for it....with caution...good luck and have fun

khadijah 07-25-2009 07:04 AM

Go for it. Good luck

GhostUser 07-27-2009 10:13 AM

Jump in! He's vegan! It's so hard to find a nice vegan guy.

Sophia_ 07-27-2009 11:16 AM

Do what you feel it's better. Sometimes we wonder between things, but there's always something that our intuition screams louder =P

The important is that you feel good with this guy. So enjoy every moments you spend together

Relax and enjoy without mind pressures to slow or jump

River 07-28-2009 06:36 PM

It's only a few days later, I know, but we've seen each other four more times from our original chance meeting/first date.

We're both completely smitten with each other, and things are going fabulously. He's got... a pet pig XD named Annabelle, and is a life-long vegan. Things are absolutely FANTASTIC.

Semicharmed 07-28-2009 06:51 PM

I'm SO glad! Going with your gut is awesome. Life is short, and regrets suck. But I'd rather have that small "eh, that sucks" regret about a relationship that went sour than the HUGE "I may have just walked away from my chance at happiness" regret about missing an opportunity like this!

Get YOU!

Skylark 07-28-2009 06:54 PM

Don't forget to continue spending time with your longtime friends. That you would regret.

Eviecus 08-05-2009 08:43 AM

I would say give it a go. If you are worried about being hurt again take it slow but definately, if he seems this perfect for you isn't it possible that he really is? That's how I have my current perfect boyfriend, I was worried I was rushing into another relationship but he's the most amazing, caring, sweet, sexy, funny, beautiful man I know

Isn't it worth the chance?

Dave in MPLS 08-07-2009 08:37 PM

The matter sounds resolved, yet I feel compelled to comment.

The best relationship I ever had started with a impulsive makeout session. I'm usually much more cautious, but jumping in with both feet ended up being one of the best decisions I ever made.

Here's the catch: the WORST relationship I've ever had began the exact same way. These are pretty much the only two times I've said why not without doing some pretty extensive brainwork first. So 1-1. I'm guessing an intermediate approach would work best.

River 08-07-2009 08:58 PM

We're still doing really really well, it's just about the best begining to a relationship i've ever had. EVER. I love every minute we spend together, i mean, i've NEVER been like this in any other relationship.

Semicharmed 08-07-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricGaia View Post

We're still doing really really well, it's just about the best begining to a relationship i've ever had. EVER. I love every minute we spend together, i mean, i've NEVER been like this in any other relationship.

For me, I knew RIGHT away that my guy was The One.

Someone asked how I knew. I said, "I knew because the phrase 'You'll just KNOW' made complete sense to me for the first time. It always used to sound a little wishy-washy. But suddenly, it made sense. And that True Love all the great poets and writers have written about for centuries that seemed so eye-roll-worthy? It doesn't sound cheesy anymore. It sounds understated. I finally get what they were all talking about."

I'm so happy you're happy!

1815alan 08-08-2009 12:43 PM

Take your time to really get to know him, if you both feel the same way there is no hurry. Good luck, I hope you have both found what you were looking for.