I'm gay and most people know! 0 0%
I'm gay and one, two, or fewer people know! 0 0%
I'm bisexual! 0 0%
I'm straight, you lucky wieners you! 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#541 Old 09-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Ruthie, the hawaiian bisexual alchoholic w/ a military girlfriend named Jess who I believe she cheated on w/ a guy about mid way through. There was also Genesis. And maybe one other. But, non MTV reality? i can't think of a single lesbian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#542 Old 09-07-2004, 03:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I beleive Chip and Reichen broke up shortly after they completed TAR. Richard Hatch, the first winner of Survivor, was openly gay throughout the show. He blasted stereotypes and showed America that gay men can be just as nasty and obnoxious as straight men. At this point on network television, gay men are either asexual best friends of straight women or groomers of wayward straight men. Lesbian characters do not exist. Reality tv allows for a little more diversity.
#543 Old 09-08-2004, 04:17 PM
Veggie Regular

*supports*

This thread is nice and cozy. The debate threads are worth reading only because that's where you learn who your real friends are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#544 Old 09-08-2004, 04:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbivore View Post

*supports*

This thread is nice and cozy. The debate threads are worth reading only because that's where you learn who your real friends are.

Cozy? Of course it's cozy in here! We have designer leather couches!
#545 Old 09-08-2004, 06:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Designer cut velvet, please...

Nec Aspera Terrent
#546 Old 09-09-2004, 03:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyK View Post

I posted before (pages and pages up, lol ) that Jennifer was quite terrified that I'd leave her for a man. That seemed strange to me, but it was a real fear for her.

I've been wanting to respond to this. I don't think bisexuals understand that this fear is very real. They think lesbians are just being mean. But it isn't like we just woke up one morning and decided to hate bisexuals. My resentment is a result of having been badly hurt. Yes, I know that a lesbian could leave me for another woman, but watching a woman you love choose a man over a woman hurts 100x worse. Only another lesbian can truly understand this. Some may call this "biphobia" but I call it self-defense.
#547 Old 09-11-2004, 03:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Just bumping this thread for no reason, as it seems I don't really fit into the "Men's Forum" with all its heterosexual threads, and I can't post in the "Women's Forum."

But we have a smilie.
#548 Old 09-11-2004, 12:42 PM
Beginner

hey mikie - i don't know if this has been covered - because i dieted this thread and skipped some of the middle (i promise i'm going to go back and read it all) - but i have to know did that guy at the beginning of the year ever come back? (the one who asked you out for coffee at work)

i would take you out for coffee if you'd go - and if the flight wasn't so long.
#549 Old 09-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Veggie Regular

No, he never did. At least... if he did, he never said anything to me, and I didn't recognize him.
#550 Old 09-11-2004, 02:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm bored so I'm posting here...

Mikie, you're not alone with having a fundie Christian mom. That's why I'm nooooot coming out until I go off to college, to them anyways.
#551 Old 09-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I've been wanting to respond to this. I don't think bisexuals understand that this fear is very real. They think lesbians are just being mean. But it isn't like we just woke up one morning and decided to hate bisexuals. My resentment is a result of having been badly hurt. Yes, I know that a lesbian could leave me for another woman, but watching a woman you love choose a man over a woman hurts 100x worse. Only another lesbian can truly understand this. Some may call this "biphobia" but I call it self-defense.

You're right. I don't understand. I imagine it would hurt for a lesbian to be left for another woman, if it came down to gender reasoning. If a man left me for another man, I might think, "well, he wanted a man, and I'll never be a man". If he left me for another woman, I might think "I'm a woman, but clearly not the right woman/good enough of a woman/as good as that other woman. I think that would hurt more.
#552 Old 09-11-2004, 05:17 PM
Beginner

"I think everyone's bisexual to some degree or another; it's just a question of whether or not you choose to recognise and embrace it. Personally, I think choosing between men and women is like choosing between cake and ice cream. You'd have to be daft not to try both when there are so many different flavours."

-Björk
#553 Old 09-12-2004, 01:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi y'all , dunno if I already told everyone, but I'm bisexual and....I have a girlfriend! As of maybe two weeks. We've been close friends for a while, and I think I've been interested in her for a while, so eventually, like , two weeks ago I asked if she was too, and. yeah ~tori
#554 Old 09-12-2004, 03:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Congrats SP.
#555 Old 09-12-2004, 04:14 PM

um i had to just pop in and say im still gay.

yeah. and..im listening to "Homophobes are just Pissed" by Propagandhi.
#556 Old 09-15-2004, 07:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Sorry for the negativity. I have a negative outlook on life and an inability to maintain relationships of any sort. There is a special place in Hell for whoever invented unrequited love. Honestly, did someone think it was a good idea to torture people with what they can't have?
#557 Old 09-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Verbi-

Unrequited love does suck. I know this is easier said than done, but take heart! You're a beautiful, fun, and intelligent woman. Your day (and partner) will come.

And for what it's worth, you have my favorite screen name.
#558 Old 09-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Veggie Regular

survivor tomorrow night has TWO lesbians. so excited. i'm having ex issues tonight...i can't sleep. and i have a pretty lady in bed for my cuddling pleasure but i'm out in the living room stressing out.l makes no sense.
#559 Old 10-06-2004, 03:10 PM
Veggie Regular

In this months issue of Teen Magazine, there's a really cool article on transgendered teens, it tells the story of two teens, male and female, and also some reader and parent questions they answered. I suggest picking up a copy! (I got the article photocopy'd, if the scanner works I'll scan it, but I doubt it will)
#560 Old 10-08-2004, 12:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie_girl View Post

survivor tomorrow night has TWO lesbians. so excited. i'm having ex issues tonight...i can't sleep. and i have a pretty lady in bed for my cuddling pleasure but i'm out in the living room stressing out.l makes no sense.

Very cool, huh? I'm surprised Survivor hasn't mad an issue out of it. I guess being gay isn't getting the ratings it used to. To my knowledge, I haven't heard a word about it on the show and wouldn't know it at all if I didn't read supplemental material on the web.

So, next week I'm flying home and it'll be the first time I've seen my parents since I told them. My sister is picking me up from the airport and she's going to drive me to their house and then... they're going to die of a heart attack because they're not expecting me and have no idea I'm showing up.

I think it'll be fine with my mother, but my sister said to me on the phone tonight "I'm just letting you know, I'm not sure how dad's going to react because he hasn't talked to anyone about it since he found out."

My dad is the type of person that keeps everything in and never talks about his feelings. He was a mommy's boy and they were neighbors until the day she died. Her grave is within a quarter mile of my home in Vermont and he's never seen it since the day she was buried and that was 10 years ago and he never mentions her either. So that's the type of person we're dealing with...

I can picture getting home and everything will be normal and the topic will never come up, or who knows, maybe something exciting will happen and I'll have to stay at my sister's house for the week.

Dunno. Any pointers?
#561 Old 10-08-2004, 02:58 AM
Veggie Regular

If your dad is anything like mine (and I get the strong impression that he is...) he'll act like nothing has changed. Let him have his denial. it's really not worth the struggle to make him talk.

Your mom will very likely get you by yourself and have "the talk" with you. be very very patient....

*hugs*

Nec Aspera Terrent
#562 Old 10-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Heart Beet

hi all.. just found this thread and wanted to say... a Kinsey number 5 bisexual in the house... in a het relationship. it's the weirdest thing ever, i swear.

anyway, long and short coming out story--- i was never "in" to myself. i always knew but being in a fundie house i decided it was a secret no one could ever know. being occationally attracted to guys made it easier to hide. i told my parents when i was 15 but they didn't believe me and thought it was a phase. it wasn't until a few years later (i think i was 18) a local "diversity" org. decided (w/o asking me) and ANNOUNCED IN THE LOCAL PAPER that i would be speaking at their event (i had gained a little queer noteriety in my small town by this point). my parents read the paper and kicked me out of the house. several years went by and we are friends again now. so there, the reader's digest version.

on another way more serious off topic-ish note... it's very hard to feel like you live in two worlds. as a bisexual who is almost not, i feel like the "queer world" is my home. but then, i started seeing and fell for a guy and totally lost my community. it's just... well, lonely.
#563 Old 10-11-2004, 08:44 PM

im falling for a bisexual boy.
#564 Old 10-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Good luck, Mikie! I'm afraid I haven't dealt with that situation personally, because my mom took the news much better than yours. ^^;; Be patient. No matter what happens, you're still my hetero lifemate.
#565 Old 10-12-2004, 07:45 AM
Veggie Regular

i haven't even told my parents that Caroline and I are together. she's my roommate. and our appartment is a two bedroom. and i love steak. *rolleyes* i need to tell them the truth. soon.
#566 Old 10-12-2004, 12:36 PM

I'm new... and gay to boot! Just thought I'd "represent" har har har.
#567 Old 10-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome botulismo Glad you found this thread...
#568 Old 10-12-2004, 09:40 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah I've been lurking for a week or two so I think I'd found it a little while ago actually!
#569 Old 10-13-2004, 02:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome, bot.

Quote:

Good luck, Mikie! I'm afraid I haven't dealt with that situation personally, because my mom took the news much better than yours. ^^;; Be patient. No matter what happens, you're still my hetero lifemate.

That makes me feel so warm and cuddly.

I have a bit of a crush on, I believe his name is, Ameet Chana from Bend It Like Beckham. Odd thing though, the girl I find just as attractive. Gotta love that.

http://www.geocities.com/ameetchana/tony.JPG
#570 Old 10-20-2004, 11:49 AM

Hi !!!

I'm Heather, another one of your straight neighbors. I support all of you 100%

Mikie, I was wondering how the visit with your parents went ???

I read the entire thread and feel like I know all of you.

Be proud of who you are. Gay Bi or Straight, it is not what you are and only a small part of who you are.

Love you all

Heather

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page