Free to a good home! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Veggie Regular

FREE TO GOOD HOME

After two long years of being on a waiting list for an agility dog, we have been notified by the breeder that, at long last, our number has come up and ...WE ARE HAVING A PUPPY!!!

We must get rid of our children IMMEDIATELY because we just know how time consuming our new little puppy is going to be and it just wouldn't be fair to the children. Since our little puppy will be arriving on Monday we MUST place the children this weekend! They are described as:

One male - His name is Tommy, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), light blonde hair, blue eyes. Four years old. Excellent disposition. He doesn't bite. Temperament tested. Does have problems with peeing directly in the toilet. Has had Chicken Pox and is current on all shots. Tonsils have already been removed. Tommy eats everything, is very clean, house trained & gets along well with others. Does not run with scissors

and with a little training he should be able to read soon.

One female - Her name is Lexie, Caucasian (English/Irish mix),

strawberry blonde hair, green eyes quite freckled. Two years old. Can be surly at times. Non-biter, thumb sucker. Has been temperament tested but needs a little attitude adjusting occasionally. She is current on all shots, tonsils out, and is very healthy & can be affectionate. Gets along well with other little girls & little boys but does not like to share her toys and therefore would do best in a one child household. She

is a very quick learner and is currently working on her house training - shouldn't take long at all.

We really do LOVE our children so much and want to do what's right for them; that is why we contacted a rescue group. But we simply can no longer keep them. Also, we are afraid that they may hurt our new puppy.

I hope you understand that ours is a UNIQUE situation and we have a real emergency here!!! They MUST be placed in rescue by Sunday night at the latest or we will be forced to drop them off at the orphanage or along some dark, country road. Our priority now has to be our new puppy.

Sounds just as ridiculous when you have to "rehome" your dog!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-23-2008, 02:53 PM

I've loved this ever since I first read it.

My family have learned not to ask now if my guinea pigs will be moved outside if I ever have kids. The piggies were/are here first!
#3 Old 11-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Veggie Regular

This really brings home the truth! It's so sad that more folks don't see it this way.
#5 Old 11-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Veggie Regular

It sounds so stupid when you replace the dog with kids, but that is so so true
#6 Old 11-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Veggie Regular

LOL awesome
#7 Old 11-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Hahah. That is the funniest post I have ever read!! I love it.

‎"I just think there's something in being lost. I never feel lost. I just think, 'Oh. I've taken a diversion'." ~ Karl Pilkington
#8 Old 11-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm sure that in most cases, a new puppy is in danger from energetic children than a new baby from a dog. My cat dashes under the couch for hours every time my loud, un-gentle 6-year-old cousin comes over.
#9 Old 11-26-2008, 02:09 AM
Veggie Regular

awesome.

I'm citing this later in the week I assure you
#10 Old 11-26-2008, 09:53 PM

i loved this. i hate it when people just toss their animals to the wayside when kids come along! i live in the country and people drop off dogs and cats ALL the time. so sad..
#11 Old 11-26-2008, 10:20 PM

#12 Old 11-26-2008, 10:23 PM

Just posted this to craigslist.com
#13 Old 11-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

Just posted this to craigslist.com

LOL has it been flagged/removed yet?
#14 Old 11-29-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broccolichick View Post

LOL has it been flagged/removed yet?

nope! Around 5 or 6 people emailed me and LOVED it, thought it was hilarious. I got one person asking me if it was a joke, and one person say "im confused. r u getting rid of kids or dogs"
#15 Old 11-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Veggie Regular

This isn't a VB original. It's all over the internet, author unknown. It's good to link or cite sources! Here's one:

http://la-spca.org/adoptions/help_needed_asap.htm

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#16 Old 11-29-2008, 12:27 PM

I figured it was all over. I just put author unknown, and feel free to repost, when I posted it.
#17 Old 12-02-2008, 05:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

This isn't a VB original. It's all over the internet, author unknown. It's good to link or cite sources! Here's one:

http://la-spca.org/adoptions/help_needed_asap.htm

Yup, I posted this from an ad on kijiji, I figured it was fairly well known, so I didn't even think to say
#18 Old 12-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I posted it on a local buy & sell place. Like animallover I also got a few emails saying they loved it, one email asking if it was a joke and whether I realized the legalities of this kind of stuff (I guess he assumed it was a serious post, lol) and then they removed it I guess it violated their terms of use....stupid. But atleast it got noticed. One woman even wrote an ad complaining about it, saying that it was really rude to assume everyone has stupid reasons for giving up pets...oh well.
#19 Old 12-02-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masja View Post

I posted it on a local buy & sell place. Like animallover I also got a few emails saying they loved it, one email asking if it was a joke and whether I realized the legalities of this kind of stuff (I guess he assumed it was a serious post, lol) and then they removed it I guess it violated their terms of use....stupid. But atleast it got noticed. One woman even wrote an ad complaining about it, saying that it was really rude to assume everyone has stupid reasons for giving up pets...oh well.

People are always going to get defensive when they know they are doing something wrong!
#20 Old 12-26-2008, 01:40 PM

hahaha!
#21 Old 12-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I read the first paragraph and got rather angry... then read the rest and laughed
#22 Old 12-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Veggie Regular

^ Me too!

The sad thing is, that I am sure there are families that do neglect their children, as well as neglect their pets At least in the case of this 'person' they are trying to rehome rather than just abandon.

God loved birds, he created trees.
Man loved birds, he created cages.
#23 Old 12-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I thought it was funny.
#24 Old 12-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Great post!! I'm sharing it on other forums
#25 Old 01-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

That was AWESOME!
#26 Old 01-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Veggie Regular

I opened this thread to give you a piece of my mind about giving animals away... and wound up laughing my butt off! Well played, counting_hours, well played...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday_12 View Post

^ Me too!

The sad thing is, that I am sure there are families that do neglect their children, as well as neglect their pets At least in the case of this 'person' they are trying to rehome rather than just abandon.

Did you ever read the PostSecret about the woman who locked her kids in their bedrooms once Daddy left for work so she could nab a few extra hours of sleep?

I've actually babysat for one "family" that treated their pets and children with equal abuse. And there was a dead goldfish fermenting in the tank... just to give you an idea.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page